State of Decay 2 PC, can't invite friend, troubleshooting help

Discus and support State of Decay 2 PC, can't invite friend, troubleshooting help in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm playing State of Decay 2 on Windows 10 Pro N 1809. In the XBox app I can invite friends to parties, add friends, chat, etc. In SoD2 friends can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sam_343, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Sam_343
    Sam_343 Guest

I'm playing State of Decay 2 on Windows 10 Pro N 1809. In the XBox app I can invite friends to parties, add friends, chat, etc. In SoD2 friends can invite me and i can join.

However I cannot invite friends. A session is created but when I click the invite option nothing pops up like it does on my friend's system.

Other threads I've read have suggested uninstalling the Intel ME and tweaking the teredo tunneling interface, neither of these solutions have worked. I have not been able to find any suggestions on what to do next.

:)

Sam_343, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Sam_343 Win User

I also double checked the defender firewall, SoD2 and all the XBox apps are allowed.
  3. Sam_343 Win User

I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro N and still had the same issue. I then installed Windows 10 Pro and the game and game bar app functioned as expected.

I don't have the patience to trial and error each of the codecs that are missing in the N version of Windows the overlay functionality is dependent on, but the issue seems to be isolated to Windows 10 N. I've never had any trouble with desktop apps and no
    errors were thrown regarding what dependency was missing so I guess I'll just run Pro.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Sam_343,

Thank you for the update. So now the Game bar is not working, but what specifically is not working? Is it just not recording anything, or is it not opening?

Take a look at these two support articles in regards to issues with the Game Bar and how to potentially solve them:

Let us know more information on the issue with the Game bar and what steps you have tried to fix it.
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there
    Sam_343

Thanks for letting us know about this. If you don't mind me asking, are you having this problem solely through State of Decay 2 or on any other game as well?

I suggest troubleshooting the Xbox App itself if you haven't already.
    Corrupted data may cause the app to not to work properly.

Here are two steps on how to isolate system issues:

Method 1:perform
    a clean boot, this helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. Here is the
    linkon
    how to perform a clean boot.

Method 2:
    Here is a
    linkon
    how to download Apps Troubleshooter.

Have you tried to uninstall/re-install the Xbox App?

Here are steps below on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*|
    Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

I hope this helps.
    Let us
    know the results

Thanks for reading!
  6. Sam_343 Win User

No luck :(

I reset and then uninstalled both the XBox app and the SoD2 app but the problem persists even after a clean boot.
Thema:

1. State of Decay 2 PC, can't invite friend, troubleshooting help - Similar Threads - State Decay can't

2. I can't seem to access State of Decay 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't seem to access State of Decay 2: Whenever I launch the game, I am hit with the typical "Sign in" page for an Xbox account. However, whenever I press "sign in" nothing happens, nothing at all. I can click on "What is this?" Yet,...
  3. State of Decay 2: Can't log in to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2: Can't log in to Xbox Live: I just recently bought State of Decay 2 on Steam. I installed it and upon completion launched the game. The game requires me to sign in to Xbox live, but fails to load the log in screen. Has...
  4. why i can't play state of decay 2 from xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why i can't play state of decay 2 from xbox game pass: I bought the Xbox Game Pass to play state of decay 2. but when i play it will said 'state of decay 2 requires a valid xbox live account' in main screen every time plaese help me...
  5. Can't play State of Decay 2!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play State of Decay 2!!!: Hello there, I bought State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition on Steam but unfortunately I can't log in into game. It says I need a Xbox Live account. I thought Steam create new account for me since...
  6. State of Decay 2, can't do anything with it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2, can't do anything with it: It's been a few months since I've played the game. Yes I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, so please don't suggest that as it's not even actually possible for me to do it, even if I wanted...
  7. State of decay 2 can't find mission goals

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of decay 2 can't find mission goals: I cannot find mission / resource goals since the new update. If I ask where to find ammo, etc, it gives me 3 places to search. I search them all and they do not give me the goal, nor do they...
  8. State of Decay 2 - Can't connect with a friend (coop)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2 - Can't connect with a friend (coop): Hi, we can't connect each other, when he call me show the error code 1.006. 6830b730-eaed-416f-b73b-6d6d400e2d14
  9. I bought State of Decay 2 but I can't play on my Pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought State of Decay 2 but I can't play on my Pc.: I bough State Of Decay 2 to play on my windows 10. This is my first game on Microsoft and now I don't know how can I play this game on my pc. I haven't got an Xbox. When I go to the browser store...
  10. Can't use D-pad in State of Decay campaign for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use D-pad in State of Decay campaign for Xbox One: Can't use D-pad in State of Decay campaign for Xbox One We only have one wireless controller and it works fine with every game even on the dashboard. We uninstalled re-installed the game. Also...