State of Decay 2 - Install/Uninstall Issues Xbox APP PC Windows 11

Discus and support State of Decay 2 - Install/Uninstall Issues Xbox APP PC Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I installed and have been playing State of Decay 2 (SoD2) without issue. Last night I started a download for Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BRIANHALP, Mar 26, 2022.

1. BRIANHALP
    BRIANHALP Guest

Hello,

I installed and have been playing State of Decay 2 (SoD2) without issue. Last night I started a download for Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut and for some reason this caused SoD2 to appear as if it was not downloaded. I went to start re-downloading it and it is stuck on Resume Install. I click on it and it briefly (less than 1 second) displays the progress button but reverts back to resume install with no progress made. Here are some things I did to try and fix:

Uninstall Game: This did nothing, the game still displays in my library. When I go to downloads it shows up there as a download that needs resuming, but I cannot get it to resume. When I cancel the download it vanishes from my library only to show up again if I open the app.

Remove Local Files: I could find 0 SoD2 local files on my hard drive even after viewing hidden items.

Uninstall Game Pass/Reinstall: This did nothing.

Reset Game Pass App: This did nothing.

Delete Registry Files: This did nothing.

Wasteland 2 downloaded and is working correctly, as are other games. I cannot play SoD2 at all right now. This has been frustrating. Thank you for your time.

:)

BRIANHALP, Mar 26, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

try the following:

- press on the keyboard Windows + R and type in the run the command "regedit".

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - System - CurrectControlSet - Services

- Delete the "GamingServices and GamingServices.net"

- Then open your XBOX application which will ask for the Game Service to be installed, after completion it will work again

*deleted the game pass or state of dacay 2 record?
  3. BRIANHALP Win User

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, i really appreciate it. The powershell script seems to have worked and the game is now downloading properly.

THanks!
  4. BRIANHALP Win User

I did this, and the Game Pass app did not ask about game service to be installed. SoD2 either pulls an error cod (has done three different ones, unfortunately my screen shot did not save properly, and now i can't get it to repeat the error) or it sits at Queued 0% forever (which it is doing now). I tried uninstalling game pass app again and reinstalling, and it is doing the same, pulling errors and queuing forever.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

follow these steps:
    Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.
    Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.
    Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.
    KB5004476
    Select Download and Install.
    When the update is complete, restart the device.
    You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Create a notepad file with the following name:
    "RepairGamingServices.ps1"

inside the file paste this text (if quotes):
    "
    Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse
    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

"
    Then, to run, right-click on the file, and run as administrator. then restart windows. then you need to open the Xbox app from Windows 10 that will be warning you that you need to install an extra component for the app, accept and wait for the installation. After that, Microsoft guarantees that you will be able to reopen and download Xbox Game Pass games on Windows 10.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

State of Decay 2 Uninstall Problem

Hi Ryudo Wincheste,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue uninstalling your copy of State of Decay 2 on your Windows 10 PC. If you haven't already, try following the guide here:

Uninstall Games on Windows 10
    , to properly uninstall the game.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. State of Decay 2 - Install/Uninstall Issues Xbox APP PC Windows 11 - Similar Threads - State Decay Install

2. Can you do a spin off of State of Decay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you do a spin off of State of Decay?: you can team up Undead Labs with The Coalition to make a spin-off of State of Decay with gameplay and narrative from Gears of Wаr? 1ef5a6d0-170f-4e4d-95e0-7cd266cccba4
  3. State of decay 2- not downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of decay 2- not downloading: ive tried everything i could find. restarting, deleting game service , repair , reset, nothing working and at this point im going to give up ever playing the game. What i can tell is happening...
  4. State of Decay 2 "Account lacks priviledges" to allow multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2 "Account lacks priviledges" to allow multiplayer: Hitting a snag that I have seen in other forums. I have State of Decay 2 on Steam and when I try and connect it to multiplayer it says my account lack priviledges to connect to multiplayer. I...
  5. How to fix the “ Connection to the host was lost: Error Code 3” on State Of Decay 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix the “ Connection to the host was lost: Error Code 3” on State Of Decay 2?: Network Status via Xbox console companion app is connected. NAT Type is open and is connected. Latency is at 67ms, 0% packet loss. My download is 14.58 Mbps and upload is 22.93 Mbps...
  6. Cannot enable multiplayer in State of Decay 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot enable multiplayer in State of Decay 2: State of Decay 2 is installed in Steam. Had been working fine until today. When I click to enable multiplayer, the game writes "Checking Account Privileges". After 10 seconds it throws an error:...
  7. State of Decay 2: don't load win 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2: don't load win 11: It gives me messege: "Don't work on your PC, ask developers for right version" Game works properly on another PC with identical win 11 How to fix this? P.S. Of course, I've already reinstalled...
  8. State of Decay 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2: I went to x box store looking for State of Decay 2 and it says it is currently unavailable, why? I'm currently in Canada. 37a9b456-b146-4898-bb2c-65c365a64aa9
  9. State of decay 2 achievements not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of decay 2 achievements not unlocking: State of decay 2 achievements not unlocked spent hours going through everything and meeting the requirements only to still be locked.Both tried and tested and over the rainbow still hasnt unlocked...
  10. How can I fix the “ Connection to the host was lost Code 3” on state of decay 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix the “ Connection to the host was lost Code 3” on state of decay 2?: I keep getting this error every time I join my friend [img] a83cc4d4-00a2-4c92-897d-247577686144