Startup and Network Issues Since Update

Discus and support Startup and Network Issues Since Update in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Since my Xbox One updated on October 13, 2018 I can no longer sign in or get online. When I go to sign in, it signs me out instantly and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TweekBoy524, Nov 15, 2018.

1. TweekBoy524
    TweekBoy524 Guest

Since my Xbox One updated on October 13, 2018 I can no longer sign in or get online. When I go to sign in, it signs me out instantly and automatically. I also can not get my wireless signal to work on Xbox. Works just fine on Laptop and Phone, but not
    Xbox since update???

:)

TweekBoy524, Nov 15, 2018
  2. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    xbox dashboard issues..

anyone else having xb1 dashboard issues???

startup is fine... getting in and out of apps is fine.. but it wont load anything but the home screen... wont load my pins or anything to the right of home screen.

this was after a unplug/reset fresh startup... i even tested my network thru xb1 and it says working fine with a check mark... but yet nothing loads up... earlier it even showed the gears as if xblive/network was down but i could still navigate my apps on home screen.

made a short video below to show what its doing/not.
    Video by Mike L

sc_shark, Nov 15, 2018
  3. sionetix
    sionetix Guest
    CDN Error - Resource not found

Xbox Fitness is now listed as 'up and running' on
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status
    again. There was an update to the game which rolled out in the last few days.

Does anyone who had the CDN/startup issues still have them after installing this recent update?

Unfortunately, even if the CDN/startup issues are fixed, they seem to have introduced a new problem: New Lag/Freezes Since XBox Fitness Update Startup and Network Issues Since Update :(

sionetix, Nov 15, 2018
  4. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that is currently happening. I would like to get a bit more information in regards to this. Does your Wi-Fi connection show up as an option to connect your console to it, but after choosing it does it give
    you an error message or error code? If so, go ahead and take a look at our article:

'I get an error message when I run the 'Test network connection' on Xbox One'

Also, If you haven't already, go ahead and try to power cycle your console and network hardware.

To perform a power cycle reset, follow these steps:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for five minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.
    2. Restart your Xbox One console:
      1. Press the Xbox button
        to open the guide.
      2. Select Settings.
      3. Select Restart console.
      4. Select Yes to confirm.

Note If you’re unable to access the guide, or if the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the
        Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the
        Xbox button on the console again to restart.
    3. After five minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
    Hope to hear back soon.

XBF Leslie D, Nov 15, 2018
  5. TweekBoy524
    TweekBoy524 Guest
    My network does show up and when I try to connect it will either say the password is wrong or unable to connect. I tried the test connection and unplugged everything to start over and still shows my network but will not connect or let me sign in. I just
    know move my TV and Xbox thinking line of sight or something with router and that too does same thing. So at this point I have unplugged and tested all devices and as you can see my internet and password work just fine with my laptop and my console is sitting
    right next to my laptop and still will not connect? Again too, before update everything worked fine?

TweekBoy524, Nov 15, 2018
  6. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    Hey Tweek,

By any chance have you tried connecting your console to a different network to test it out? Like a hotspot or a family members network for example.

Aside from that, you may want to consider
    performing a Factory reset (While keeping games and apps downloaded)
    on your Xbox one. This will reset the OS to hopefully resolve this issue.

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Nov 15, 2018
  7. Jaydog1174
    Jaydog1174 Guest
    I have the same thing going on and im hardwired not wireless i cant log in to gold says no no Internet connection But im messaging with my friend on chat on the xbox. It shows my friends are on line and every thing but on let me in my gold

Jaydog1174, Nov 16, 2018
  8. Jaydog1174
    Jaydog1174 Guest

I don’t know what Microsoft did but I was playing destiny 2 every night till this happened with no problems

Jaydog1174, Nov 16, 2018
  9. NimmoNemesis
    NimmoNemesis Guest
    same problem, but my phones hotspot works randomly, about 3/20 attempts ... factory reset did not help..

NimmoNemesis, Nov 6, 2018
  10. NimmoNemesis Win User

same problem, but my phones hotspot works randomly, about 3/20 attempts ... factory reset did not help..
  11. XBF Chris J Win User

Hey Tweek,

By any chance have you tried connecting your console to a different network to test it out? Like a hotspot or a family members network for example.

Aside from that, you may want to consider
    performing a Factory reset (While keeping games and apps downloaded)
    on your Xbox one. This will reset the OS to hopefully resolve this issue.

Hope this helps!
  12. Jaydog1174 Win User

I have the same thing going on and im hardwired not wireless i cant log in to gold says no no Internet connection But im messaging with my friend on chat on the xbox. It shows my friends are on line and every thing but on let me in my gold
  13. TweekBoy524 Win User

My network does show up and when I try to connect it will either say the password is wrong or unable to connect. I tried the test connection and unplugged everything to start over and still shows my network but will not connect or let me sign in. I just
    know move my TV and Xbox thinking line of sight or something with router and that too does same thing. So at this point I have unplugged and tested all devices and as you can see my internet and password work just fine with my laptop and my console is sitting
    right next to my laptop and still will not connect? Again too, before update everything worked fine?
  14. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that is currently happening. I would like to get a bit more information in regards to this. Does your Wi-Fi connection show up as an option to connect your console to it, but after choosing it does it give
    you an error message or error code? If so, go ahead and take a look at our article:

'I get an error message when I run the 'Test network connection' on Xbox One'

Also, If you haven't already, go ahead and try to power cycle your console and network hardware.

To perform a power cycle reset, follow these steps:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for five minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.
    2. Restart your Xbox One console:
      1. Press the Xbox button
        to open the guide.
      2. Select Settings.
      3. Select Restart console.
      4. Select Yes to confirm.

Note If you’re unable to access the guide, or if the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the
        Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the
        Xbox button on the console again to restart.
    3. After five minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
    Hope to hear back soon.
Thema:

1. Startup and Network Issues Since Update - Similar Threads - Startup Network Issues

2. Xbox Series S connection issue on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S connection issue on startup: On My xbox Series S I have had an issue with connecting to network systems wirelessly. When I looked for my wifi it wouldn't pop up I tried searching through specifying my SSID but still didn't...
  3. XBOX Startup Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Startup Error: This has currently been happening since January. I gave up trying to fix it for a few weeks, and since yesterday I have tried everything I possibly can to get my Xbox back up and running again....
  4. Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...: I've tried scanning and repairing the xbox app, deleting and attempting to reinstall everything. I am stuck on the same issue. Any suggestions? 5f814e40-c1c6-4216-8b3a-47848fba451d
  5. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...
  6. My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...: My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen I have tried holding the power button for ten seconds then unplugging the power cable please help. 332b2acb-c264-49b8-8d13-488d283a12f0
  7. Xbox 360 Startup Game LIVE Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Startup Game LIVE Error: So my Xbox 360 is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable. It has no issues signing into my profile and connecting to Xbox LIVE on the dashboard. About two days ago, when I start an Xbox...
  8. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  9. forza motorsport crashing at startup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza motorsport crashing at startup.: whenever i launch forza motorsport, there is a screen of text. After that screen of text, the game crashes and just disappears. I have done all the guides everything. I have not overclocked...
  10. XSS “Can’t connect to your wireless network” on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSS “Can’t connect to your wireless network” on startup: Most times when I turn on my xbox it won’t connect to the internet, but will have my wifi name under network status with an error symbol. I have to manually type the password for it to work. Has...