"Starting Download" doesn't actually start downloading

Discus and support "Starting Download" doesn't actually start downloading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Basically, I bought Disgaea 4 in a web browser a couple of days ago, and I tried to download it through the Xbox app. Nothing I've tried worked. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Radiumist, May 2, 2023.

1. Radiumist
    Radiumist Guest

Basically, I bought Disgaea 4 in a web browser a couple of days ago, and I tried to download it through the Xbox app. Nothing I've tried worked. I mainly tried terminating the Microsoft Store processes, repairing / resetting the Store in settings, shutdowns, restarts, and even running the "wsreset" command. I've also done that to the Xbox app as well, so I am at an impasse. I cannot cancel any of these downloads, but I can download other games / apps flawlessly. I did need to reinstall Gaming Services, but it already downloaded, so I don't know how much I screwed this up. Please help!

"Starting Download" doesn't actually start downloading [​IMG]

"Starting Download" doesn't actually start downloading [​IMG]

:)

Radiumist, May 2, 2023
  2. Radiumist Win User

Hello, I went and checked for the Windows update, and even though it automatically checked at 5:30, but at 6 there was an update and restarted my device. Both Disgaea and Gaming Services are no longer in the download queue in the Microsoft Store, but weirdly, Disgaea is still trying to download in the Xbox app. Also the Manage option was not available when I went to the More Options area in the Xbox app.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

In order to fix this, you will need to perform some basic troubleshooting steps. Kindly make sure to update your Windows, Device Drivers, and your game and gaming services, here's how:

For Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for Updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have been downloaded, select Install Now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

For Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

For the game Disgaea 4:

Open the Xbox app for Windows.

In My Library, select the game title.

Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.

Select Files and then Check for updates.

For Gaming services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & Downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...

Once it's done, try to check if the download works.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you so much for the response.

It seems the download file for Disgaea has been corrupted.

I have recently resolved an issue like this. After we have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps, the gamer decided to reformat the C: Drive where the Windows was installed and then downloaded the Xbox app, the automatic download of his game stopped and it works perfectly.

Before you proceed with the reformat kindly make sure that you backup the files.
  5. Smwutches Win User

can I download dlc to a usb drive on my pc then put it on my xbox and if so how???

It's not possible. The website will only let you queue up the download to start the next time you turn on the console. It doesn't have the actual download.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Purchasing and downloading to PC?

No. It's not possible. You can only queue up the download from the website to start downloading when you start the console, but the actual download is not available.
Thema:

1. "Starting Download" doesn't actually start downloading - Similar Threads - Starting Download doesn't

2. Started to download my avatar on black opps then it has now stoped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Started to download my avatar on black opps then it has now stoped: Stuck on trying to download my avatar on black ops its now been 16 hours after coming bk in from work and still hasn't moved from the end 23585d59-8424-4bf2-ad9b-8a1b0a06601c
  3. Assassins creed Valhalla won't even start to download on my pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassins creed Valhalla won't even start to download on my pc: I am trying to download assassins creed Valhalla on my PC through game pass, and when I hit install absolutely nothing happens. I double checked, and there is more than enough storage space, only...
  4. Games take hours to START downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take hours to START downloading: Hi, I have an Xbox Series One and a brand new Series X and both exhibit the same issue. When you click to download a game, they can take an hour or so to show up in the Download Queue. They can...
  5. My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...: So I got a new Xbox series s for Christmas and 1 out of the 5 games I have tried to transfer from my Xbox one to my new one and now the other 4 won’t even start downloading...
  6. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't recognise phantom liberty download and won't start up??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't recognise phantom liberty download and won't start up??: I have played cyberpunk2077 since it was released and put up with poor performance and glitches and all sorts of bugs. Whilst these annoyed me, I still played the game and enjoyed it. Since...
  7. I installed Flight Simulator standard but it doesn't start to download the additional 120gb

in XBoX on Windows
    I installed Flight Simulator standard but it doesn't start to download the additional 120gb: My computer is a Intel Core i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz, 8Gb of DDR3 SDRAM and a 1Gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 with the Windows 10 64-bit Operating System and 1Tb of HDD. after downloading 1,32 Gb when i run...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 doesn't start up after initial download

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 doesn't start up after initial download: Hello fellow community members! Since I bought MSFS a few days ago I've been never able to start it up. First I got issues getting it downloaded. Now it is downloaded but doesn't start. I also...
  9. "Acquiring license" and the game doesn't start to download

in XBoX on Windows
    "Acquiring license" and the game doesn't start to download: First of all, sorry if I make mistakes, english is not my first language. So, I just bought the Xbox Game Pass for my PC. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 and it being a Play Anywhere title was...
  10. Forza Horizon 2 code correct but doesn't start download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 2 code correct but doesn't start download: I just bought my Xbox One today and included was a download code for Forza Horizon 2. I entered the code, it got accepted and on the next screen, it says there is a problem and I should try it...