Start-up scanning and repairing problems

Discus and support Start-up scanning and repairing problems in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have had some problems. It initially started with playing Minecraft Bedrock (Minecraft for Windows 10 edition). I played the game quite a while ago... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Abdullah Salman1, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Start-up scanning and repairing problems

I have had some problems. It initially started with playing Minecraft Bedrock (Minecraft for Windows 10 edition). I played the game quite a while ago but all was fine. However when I started playing again recently, I found there would be input lag from my keyboard. It ended up transferring to other programs and lagged them too for instance when I typed something, it would take forever to actually input where I was typing on screen. I tried closing certain programmes hoping it would work like "Application Frame Host" which sometimes actually worked. But the problem I'm having is when I try turning my computer on, it will say "scanning and repairing drive" and it will scan and repair my C: drive. It never happened before until I started replaying Minecraft Bedrock (I'm not sure 100% they're related but I'm mentioning just incase). I've tried a couple fixes online however they didn't seem to work. My guess was that potentially a Minecraft file was corrupted? But then again, I don't even know if Minecraft was related. I tried going to my C: drive's properties then error checking and I did the repair drive option. It would tell me to restart so I would. But when I went back to properties to check if the errors were gone, they weren't. Lo and behold, they were still there. I tried one more time but still did not work. I'm asking just for some help on how to fix the drive problem. I've been on a couple forums (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...the-hard/6dd04cd4-cd46-42df-8bbd-31631480d20c ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54; https://4ddig.tenorshare.com/windows-fix/fix-scanning-and-repairing-drive-stuck.html ; https://www.sfware.com/blog/scanning-and-repairing-drive-stuck ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...artup-in/462aaed9-7f2b-49bc-8fdb-d62201f3f07a ; https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd ). if it helps, my computer is a ERAZER Engineer P10 (https://www.medion.com/gb/service/product-detail/10024314). I really just needed some help for all this and I was hoping someone could help. I have a Windows 11 if that helps. I'm not 100% sure that this was fully comprehensive of my problem to be honest so if there are any follow-ups to help please ask. Thanks.

Start-up scanning and repairing problems [​IMG]

(don't mind my background)

***Move from Windows / Windows 11 / Devices and drivers***

:)

Abdullah Salman1, Nov 7, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Abdullah_S.sS,

Thank you for your response.

May we continue to ask it again, if.

1. Is this happening only on Minecraft/Bedrock Edition?
    2. Where you able to play it before?
    3. Are there any changes on your PC that may cause this to happen?
    If the issue is on Minecraft / Bedrock edition, kindly check on this article for more information. Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC is on Xbox Game Pass – Home

We are waiting for your response.

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Abdullah_S.sS,

We appreciate for your response with the screenshot of the error. My apology for the belated response.

Seems like we have exhausted everything, but the problem still persists. What we can suggest now is for you to create a ticket with Minecraft/Mojang. Kindly visit to this link for you to submit or create a ticket with them. System Dashboard - Jira (mojang.com) By that they can properly check what’s going on with your device and applications. They are more equipped with all the tools and resources to get your problem diagnosed.

We hope this helps and it is even better to connect with the correct support where you can get dedicated assistance, the experts there will provide accurate answers for you.

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello Abdullah_S.sS,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. We will be glad to assist you with this.

To better understand it correctly, you are having issues on Minecraft Bedrock for Windows 10 edition which you cannot download the game and it giving you an error, asking you to repair device, is that right?

However, before we proceed, I would require some more information to assist you better.

1. Have you updated your windows, drivers, including optional update, game services to the latest version?
    2. Are there any changes that might have cause the issue?
    3. Is this happening only on Minecraft Bedrock Games?
    We know you have tried some steps to resolve the issue, we would also like to suggest these steps and basic troubleshooting and check if it will work for you. (You may just skip those you have done already).

To update Game Service:

• Reset Windows 10/11 store & Xbox app

1. Open Settings.

2. Go to Apps -> Apps & features.

3. Look for Microsoft Store/Xbox App and click it on the right side.

4. The advanced options link will appear. Click it

5. Next, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store/Xbox App to the default setting.
    We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Abdullah_S.sS Win User

Thank you so much for replying! Alright, so sorry if I didn't explain too well, but what I meant was that my computer does the scan and repair drive on start-up every time. I'm not 100% sure it's due to Minecraft bedrock. I just noticed that the problem occurred around that time. Not fully sure if there's a correlation. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried all of your fixes, however they did not work.

I am to up to date on my updates. I doubled checked and did the optional updates.

I am not sure of any changes other than my surgence in Minecraft for Windows 10 bedrock edition.

Yes, the input delay only happens on Minecraft bedrock but continues to other games.

The image I put in my previous post was showing that there are problems with the drive, however when I click on the repair it tells me on my next restart. I restart and go back to double check if the problem was fixed, but it was not. It still told me there were errors on the drive.

I'm hoping there's still a fix to the problem without me having to completely reset my PC.

[​IMG]
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello Abdullah_S.sS,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Start-up scanning and repairing problems - Similar Threads - Start scanning repairing

2. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I tried to watch hulu one day, started up the controller and console like normal, was able to open hulu with the buttons but after that all buttons except L3 R3 RT LT stopped working, I've tried...
  3. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  4. xbox one x refuses to start in troubleshoot mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x refuses to start in troubleshoot mode: I have spent 2 weeks waiting for a replacement hdd for my xbox one x that has about 20 hours of play on it...... The problems started with having troubles saving my game progress and was telling...
  5. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  6. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  7. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  8. bloons td 6 not starting

in XBoX on Consoles
    bloons td 6 not starting: every time i disconnect from the wifi, bloons td 6 starts and i can play, but when i reconnect to the internet even with the game open, it just closes it b98ce592-a857-474b-a0b6-8cc25cd87471
  9. Started to download my avatar on black opps then it has now stoped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Started to download my avatar on black opps then it has now stoped: Stuck on trying to download my avatar on black ops its now been 16 hours after coming bk in from work and still hasn't moved from the end 23585d59-8424-4bf2-ad9b-8a1b0a06601c
  10. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...