Start here for Groove Music and Microsoft Movies & TV troubleshooting!

Discus and support Start here for Groove Music and Microsoft Movies & TV troubleshooting! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Music or videos not working? Missing episodes or songs? If so, you have come to the right place. Below are the first basic steps to get your Xbox Music... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mister Beep, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Music or videos not working? Missing episodes or songs? If so, you have come to the right place. Below are the first basic steps to get your Xbox Music & Video content working properly.

Step 1: Refresh your purchase history on your Xbox 360 console:

Microsoft Movies & TV:

• Launch Microsoft Movies & TV
    • Slide left to "My Videos"
    • Select "Account Management"
    • Press "X" to refresh
    Groove Music:

• Launch Groove Music
    • Slide left to "My Music"
    • Select "Account Management"
    • Select "Purchase History"
    • Press "X" to refresh
    Step 2: Make a post

The more info provided in your initial post, the faster a resolution is headed your way.

• Client being used: (Console, Windows 8/RT App, Windows Phone, etc)
    • Movie/TV Show or Artist Title:
    • If TV: Series/Season/Episode number:
    • If Artist: Album/Track Title:
    • SD or HD:
    • Stream or Download:
    • Purchase or Rent:
    • Steps you've tried so far:
    When making a post, be sure to briefly explain the issue you are experiencing, then copy and paste the info above into your post! Start here for Groove Music and Microsoft Movies & TV troubleshooting! :D

:)

Mister Beep, Jun 10, 2015
  2. Prateek Jain
    Prateek Jain Guest
    Groove Music, Movies & TV are associated with Microsoft Account or Xbox Account

Hello!

Earlier Groove Music was Xbox Music, and Movies & TV was Xbox Videos. To access these both, we needed to set Xbox region to a region where Xbox Music and Xbox Videos were supported.

I want to know that, now, are Groove Music and Movies & TV associated with the Microsoft Account or the Xbox Account? If I migrate my Xbox account to a different Microsoft account (using
    this
    ), will Groove Music and Movies & TV also move to new Microsoft account? Or these services have nothing to do with Xbox anymore?

For the sake of simplicity, assume that the regions will be same for old and new Microsoft accounts.

Thank you!

Prateek Jain, Jun 10, 2015
  3. Prateek Jain
    Prateek Jain Guest

What do you mean everything should work fine? My question was, will Groove Music and Movies & TV be moved to new Microsoft account as well, or they'll stay on old Microsoft account?

Prateek Jain, Jun 10, 2015
  4. airmattdog Win User

Cant search forum, all results not found

I realize this thread is 2 months old, but the Groove Music and Microsoft Movies & TV forums were moved to the Microsoft Answers site, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/musicandvideo
  5. Prateek Jain Win User

What do you mean everything should work fine? My question was, will Groove Music and Movies & TV be moved to new Microsoft account as well, or they'll stay on old Microsoft account?
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Song Credits-Grandfathered in by Zune

7. Mister Beep Win User

I need help with the Grove Music pass 4 month trial

Hey there,

Where did you sign up for the Groove Music promotion? If it was on your Xbox One console through the dashboard ad, please be sure to post back here to let us know.

If you signed up through Groove Music's website, or through the Windows Store on Windows 10, you should have received your code within 30 days in your Microsoft Account's email inbox. If you did not see a code come in within that
    time, you will want to reach out to Microsoft Support or make a post on the
    Microsoft Groove forums. We are only able to assist with promotions that are ran through the Xbox One dashboard.

Hope this helps!
  8. BeastBadshah Win User

Groove music

Use the Groove app

Add music to a Groove playlist on your Xbox One
    Find out how to add songs and albums to Groove playlists on your Xbox One console.

Add a song to your music collection on Xbox One
    Learn how to add songs and albums to your music collection on your Xbox One console.

Troubleshoot problems with the Groove app

Troubleshoot using the Groove app on Xbox One
    Resolve common problems using the Groove app on Xbox One.

OneDrive Music FAQ and troubleshooting information
    Get more information about how to use OneDrive to store and play music.

How to configure audio settings on your Xbox One console
    Follow these steps to configure the audio settings on your Xbox One.
Thema:

1. Start here for Groove Music and Microsoft Movies & TV troubleshooting! - Similar Threads - Start here Groove

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  4. Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair: I created a repair order for my Xbox last month when the disc drive stopped working, it is due to be shipped to the repair centre, but for a long time now it has been stuck at the UPS access point...
  5. Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about: Hello! My Xbox Elite 2 controller started going bananas recently. It is connected via Bluetooth When playing a game, and moving about, it will stick in one direction, even though I release the...
  6. Start here if you haven't received your promo items!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Start here if you haven't received your promo items!: Where’s my Promotional item? Have you recently participated in a promotion that offered a free game, bonus Microsoft points or LIVE time? Please note that Promotional items are sent out 6-8 weeks...
  7. Shuoink's Forum member TE2 Tournament, start sunday, still taking sign ups, check here for ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shuoink's Forum member TE2 Tournament, start sunday, still taking sign ups, check here for ...: SO the DH forum got shut down a few days early... Thought I had another day or two to back up the tournament thread. For those that dont know what is going on. Online Tournament for forum...
  8. 2017 Samsung LED/QLED - 4K/HDR detection problems? Start Here!

in XBoX on Consoles
    2017 Samsung LED/QLED - 4K/HDR detection problems? Start Here!: Hello Xbox One X Owners! I saw some people with newer Samsung TV's having issues with 4K and HDR detection on the Xbox One X posting recently, and I wanted to write a quick list of things to do...
  9. Controller Issues? Start Here!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Issues? Start Here!: We know how frustrating it can be when all you want to do is play some games, and something goes funky with your controller. Maybe it disconnects frequently, or shuts down unexpectedly, or it...
  10. start here

in XBoX on Consoles
    start here: 3) Make a post! If none of the support articles made the grade, and there are no stickies pertaining to your issue, it's time to make a post! When making a post, you can save yourself time by...