Spotify app on Xbox One only plays songs for 1-3 seconds before pausing

Discus and support Spotify app on Xbox One only plays songs for 1-3 seconds before pausing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried everything i can think of to try and fix this issue ive reinstalled, logged out and back in, power cycled my xbox, reconnected to my wifi,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Khakii Chan, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Khakii Chan
    Khakii Chan Guest

I've tried everything i can think of to try and fix this issue

ive reinstalled, logged out and back in, power cycled my xbox, reconnected to my wifi, and tried playing songs from my computer while connected to the xbox on spotify.

This doesnt happen on my phone or pc when they arent connedcted to the xbox spotify app.

Any help to fix this would be very appreciated

:)

Khakii Chan, Feb 18, 2019
  2. DarthLegacy905 Win User

Should I also add, I am contracted as a partner with Microsoft full time, so it turns out, I actually DO know what I am talking about.
  3. kRevali Win User

Try a hard reset to defaults:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Khakii!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this difficulty concerning the Spotify app.

Now, when it comes to third party apps or games, I would suggest trying the steps outlined in An application won't start on Xbox One to see if that helps clear up that problem.

If that doesn't work, then I suggest a soft reset. It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for
    most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games
    &
    apps.

Follow the steps here on How
    to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks!
  5. ravary212 Win User

It can be because of your headphones, but if that is not the case try uninstalling spotify and reinstalong it
  6. SwiftCalf701402 Win User

I don't think that you gave a very good answer at all. I also think that if you don't know anything about what your talking about that you just shouldn't answer at all.
Thema:

1. Spotify app on Xbox One only plays songs for 1-3 seconds before pausing - Similar Threads - Spotify app plays

2. Spotify login on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Spotify login on xbox: I am trying to open Spotify, but I am greeted with the “check your network connection” pop-up screen, even though my consuls are connected to the Wi-Fi. This has happened ever since I changed my...
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?: I don't want the "open spotify". Just everything above it, is this possible, or is there an alternative widget? Example: https://i.imgur.com/nFqwDV0.png submitted by /u/CCEShieldIsReady...
  5. Spotify audio mixing not working

in XboX Insiders
    Spotify audio mixing not working: Anyone having issues with mixing Spotify audio and system audio? All sound comes through at 100% all the time and I can reduce sound from either Spotify or system. Setup: Xbox Series X Gen4 Astro...
  6. Problems with spotify (alpha skip-Ahead)

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with spotify (alpha skip-Ahead): Hi. Since the last 3 updates I'm not being able to change volume on spotify on xbox. Doesn't matter if you lower it to 0% it will always keep the music volume on max. Anyone else having this same...
  7. Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?: On my Xbox Series X, my Spotify app will pause for about 1 second near the end of every single track. It is usually around 20 seconds from the end. I am using a wired internet connection, directly...
  8. Spotify Game volume / Music volume slider broken

in XboX Insiders
    Spotify Game volume / Music volume slider broken: The slider for Spotify to change in game volume and music volume is broken and still plays game audio when music volume is 100% submitted by /u/Illustrious_Row1755 [link] [comments]
  9. How can i find my spotify login info on xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i find my spotify login info on xbox?: I cant find my login info from spotify on xbox 1c3c844c-b70d-45b5-8d0a-6f4a6097a809
  10. Spotify app act weird

in XBoX on Windows
    Spotify app act weird: Dear all, I am a regular Spotify user on the Xbox. However for a few days it is acting weirdly. It does not play the podcast I selected but shuffles and plays a random different one. But not...