Spinning Disc Hard Drives

Discus and support Spinning Disc Hard Drives in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Microsoft Community, I have a quick question about spinning disc hard drives with an Xbox Series X and if they are compatible since i got a series... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dekufan_8483, Dec 26, 2021.

1. dekufan_8483
    dekufan_8483 Guest

Hey Microsoft Community,

I have a quick question about spinning disc hard drives with an Xbox Series X and if they are compatible since i got a series x last night for Christmas for my family, and im trying to add storage to the console, my only question is that are spinning disc hard drives compatible? This drive is a 6TB Spinning Disc segate drive Backup Plus Hub.

:)

dekufan_8483, Dec 26, 2021
  2. BuzzingPlum421 Win User

Titanfall not working on xbox 360

why the game is not installed on the hard drive? why the game disc is always spinning in the drive?
  3. JoeSchiavone Win User

Game Disc getting hot in Slim xbox

the disc is always spinning around in the disc tray, it will heat up. Like every dvd/cd that spins will create heat, best idea is to install to the hard drive and allow it to read from their, uses the disc for like a second to verify that you have the game
    then it uses straight from the hard drive.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

play from hard drive

Usually when a game is installed to the hard drive, the disc will spin for approximately 3minutes and then stop. The game will continue to play from the hard drive. If your game disc is still spinning after 3 minutes, then I would suggest maybe that the
    xbox hasn't recognised the game is installed. Try deleting the game from the hard drive and reinstalling it.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Yes, it can be used on Xbox Series X however, for optimized games you will not be able to play them directly on the hard drive you will be needing to move it to your Internal Storage to use.
  6. BrianGunter Win User

Why are there load times if we installed

It still takes time to read the game off the hard drive, just like with reading a game off the disc. The hard drive is just a bit faster, and you don't have to have a disc spinning constantly and wearing down your disc drive when it's on the hard drive.
Thema:

1. Spinning Disc Hard Drives - Similar Threads - Spinning Disc Hard

2. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  3. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  4. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  5. When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the...: When plug in cord of xbox the fan spins for little bit and stops but i am not power on the console yet 51becea8-6017-41dc-a9ec-1e2976e001a2
  6. Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.: I've done everything on here to fix it and the only thing that might work is taking it apart to help clear the dust from the fan. Is there anyway to send the Box back even after warranty. This...
  7. Anyone else having longer disc spin ups then usual?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having longer disc spin ups then usual?: I've noticed after the night mode update that my xbox series x continuesly keeps the disc spinning rather than stopping after a few mins or so submitted by /u/SebHasVeryHighIQ [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox one X will not install certain disc games but will spin and load others

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X will not install certain disc games but will spin and load others: I have 4 discs that will not load and support has gotten me no where. I'm in preview beta. I'm not getting a error code submitted by /u/reiku78 [link] [comments]
  9. Disc Drive won't spin disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive won't spin disc: My disc drive won't spin the disc anymore when I open it up the disc is in the exact same location as I put it in. My xbox is out of warranty due to age so just trying to figure out the cheapest,...
  10. Game disc doesn't spin

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game disc doesn't spin: When switching from BF4 to 2k14 or to Titanfall the game(s) 90% of the time won't start reading/spinning. It usually takes 6+ times re-inserting the game for it to recognize it and start playing...