Speedtest.net on Xbox getting much faster internet speeds than xbox

Discus and support Speedtest.net on Xbox getting much faster internet speeds than xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I ran a speed test on speedtester.net and was getting speeds close to 300mbps (which is what I was expecting). While trying to download games I'm only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MISSINGLINK2299, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Speedtest.net on Xbox getting much faster internet speeds than xbox

I ran a speed test on speedtester.net and was getting speeds close to 300mbps (which is what I was expecting). While trying to download games I'm only getting 180mpbs speeds at best. Also running the "Test network speed & Statistics" is also producing these low speeds. Does anyone know why that is? I don't have any games or apps running for these numbers.

:)

MISSINGLINK2299, Sep 23, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Speed test pings your local server, the Xbox pings an Xbox data center. Which can be much much further away
  3. Blade of Surtr Win User

Halo: Master Chief Collection download from marketplace extremely slow.

It says my current usage is in the 120 KB/s, even though my internet is much faster than that. Is Xbox or perhaps my ISP gating the speed?
  4. U2 Breeze Win User

Slow XBOX Connection

Use Cable connection much faster and reliable oh and go on speedtest.net and show me your results upon the test. if its good ill inform you :) and if you want faster internet connection to games and stuff like that dont let anyone hog the bandwidth if you
    have siblings or if you are a parent. if your the only one using the internet on the Xbox you will see a dramatic change of speed. Thanks for reading TELL ME YOUR RESULTS!
  5. onyxishere Win User

Xbox One download bringing down home network

Sorry to hear it. What is your internet speed (up and down)? You can test at speedtest.net.

I just recently upgraded my internet. The speeds before were 5 down and .5 up and I experienced the same issue that you are having now.

With my new internet at much faster speeds I don't experience any slowdown. So perhaps your speed is the issue.

You should consider checking with your ISP to see if there's anything they can suggest as well.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Detailed Network Statistics

The network test on the xbox one isn't the most reliable,never has been.

Always tells me i'm getting a faster connection than I actually have.

You said you use speedtest.net,you will get more reliable results from broadband speed test sites like them on your pc/laptop than you will using the one on the xbox one.
Thema:

1. Speedtest.net on Xbox getting much faster internet speeds than xbox - Similar Threads - Speedtest net getting

2. Anyone know how to setup Nat on Hughes net cable modem /router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know how to setup Nat on Hughes net cable modem /router: Anyone tell me how to setup port mapping and port triggering on a Hughes net modem/router so I can get rid of double Nat and can play multiplayer online with my Xbox one I asked my ISP they told...
  3. .NET Framework Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    .NET Framework Problem: Hi Microsoft Team,I hope your are having a great day. I have a issue with .Net Framework when i open 'Discord" and "Osu!" these two applicatin a got a pop up called this application need the...
  4. My pc crashes when i follow the step and restart the pc Problem with .Net Framework

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pc crashes when i follow the step and restart the pc Problem with .Net Framework: I'm sorry that you followed the suggested steps and still haven't been able to resolve the issue with the .NET Framework error. Below I will provide you with some additional steps you can try:...
  5. My xbox one is updating a game (COD) and the download speed is 2.99 mbps. When I speedtest...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one is updating a game (COD) and the download speed is 2.99 mbps. When I speedtest...: I posted my question and pretty much said it all. It is hard-wired through a switch or two BUT the speed-test desktop is hardwired the exact same way (they are next to each other) and I do not...
  6. Netgear: Detailed network stat says .95 mbs and xfinity speedtest says 100mbs

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear: Detailed network stat says .95 mbs and xfinity speedtest says 100mbs: Netgear (Routers): Detailed network stat says .95 mbs and xfinity speedtest says 100mbs I just purchased and connected a WNDR4300 V2 router and a new modem. I have several desktops, laptops, and...
  7. Router/modem issues or something wrong with Xbox speedtest?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Router/modem issues or something wrong with Xbox speedtest?: I have been tearing my hair out for the past three weeks trying to figure out what my issue is. Here is what is happening. Here is how everything is setup at the moment; Modem to Netgear X4S...
  8. Xbox One's detailed speedtest ALWAYS pings at the seattle servers?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One's detailed speedtest ALWAYS pings at the seattle servers?!: Right so I live in the UK. I do a speedtest on my iPhone, I ping to servers in dublin I get around 40-50ms. If I do a speedtest same again on iPhone to New York & Seattle I get 90-110ms &...
  9. Speedtest

in XBoX on Consoles
    Speedtest: If I do a speedtest on x1 I only get half the speed I get on a computer even if I pick a location that gives me the same latency. Example on computer I get 88 down picking a server in Seattle...
  10. Speedtest

in XBoX on Consoles
    Speedtest: Why does my xbox limit my download speed compared to doing a speedtest on a laptop. According to xbox one speedtest I only get about half the download speed I get on a laptop both of these are...