Speech to text setup for overwatch. Does it require xbox live?

Discus and support Speech to text setup for overwatch. Does it require xbox live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to get my speech to text working with no luck. First, my xbox live has expired. Is it required? If not, what am I doing wrong? I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by eric graham1, Jun 1, 2023.

1. eric graham1
    eric graham1 Guest

I have been trying to get my speech to text working with no luck. First, my xbox live has expired. Is it required? If not, what am I doing wrong? I followed a few clips to set it up and none seem to do it. I cant even find a video showing someone using it. Any ideals?

:)

eric graham1, Jun 1, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Eric! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Online gameplay does require xbox live gold so you would not be able to access multiplayer without it.

Now for the text to speech

Options>Accessibility>Enable text to speech

Make sure to turn the "Text to speech volume" setting above the default of 0.
  3. eric graham1 Win User

Thanks for the reply. The issues I see now, when I select button for speech to text, it switched to ! And wont record. Have you seen that?
  4. SammyVS Win User

Text to speech

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

How are you, David?

Could you upload a screenshot of the options you see? Do not post any personal information.

Another thing that this function is only available to be used on Xbox Party
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Text to speech

To turn that on:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > Ease of Access > Game and chat transcription.
    3. To transcribe other party members’ voices into text, select the Speech-to-text checkbox.
    4. To have your chat text read aloud to other party members, select the Text-to-speech checkbox. To choose the voice that other people will hear when your chat text is read aloud, select one of the available voices in the Text-to-speech voice menu.
    Find more about this here: Use game and chat transcription on Xbox and Windows 10 devices | Xbox Support
  6. DavidScallions Win User

Text to speech

Mine does not work and it does no say chat transcription it only says game
Thema:

1. Speech to text setup for overwatch. Does it require xbox live? - Similar Threads - Speech text setup

2. PC speech to text not working. Is it available on every game?

in XboX Insiders
    PC speech to text not working. Is it available on every game?: Do I have to be in a Xbox party on PC for it to work? I have it enabled and have not seen it pop up once while playing any game. submitted by /u/dirtydirt33 [link] [comments]
  3. Sea of thieves voice chat text chat and speech bubbles not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves voice chat text chat and speech bubbles not working: No matter why I try I’ve been to the last Page of google and back nothing works output and input reset privacy setting uninstalling and reinstalling the game resetting the game every reddit post...
  4. How do I do 'Text-to-Speech' on Xbox Party App on PC in Party Chat?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I do 'Text-to-Speech' on Xbox Party App on PC in Party Chat?: My friends can do it on Xbox; however, I am on PC. I want to be able to type into Party Chat and have them hear the message. Help? b6c7b724-4314-4ddb-ab30-cb14a368596f
  5. Text to speech

in XBoX Accessibility
    Text to speech: Okay so I don't understand on my Xbox series X the text-to-speech it doesn't work it says on YouTube I'll try to look up and see how you turn it on it says chat and text transcription and mine...
  6. Party Chat Options for Xbox Game Bar, Specifically Text-to-Speech

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat Options for Xbox Game Bar, Specifically Text-to-Speech: I have scoured the internet for direct and workaround methods to allow me to speak to my Xbox party members through text. This feature is currently available on the Xbox One only. As opposed to...
  7. Xbox game bar party text to speech

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar party text to speech: Recently I've been using party chat on xbox game bar for windows 10 and my friends have been using text to speech on their consoles in the party text chat, which I am able to hear, however when I...
  8. Xbox series X virtual keyboard always in speech to text input

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X virtual keyboard always in speech to text input: Does anyone know of a way to disable to voice input on the Xbox virtual keyboard? Can't find anything anywhere about it but when ever I try to type on the keyboard, it loads up quick as anything...
  9. Text to speech

in XBoX Accessibility
    Text to speech: Okay so I don't understand on my Xbox series X the text-to-speech it doesn't work it says on YouTube I'll try to look up and see how you turn it on it says chat and text transcription and mine...
  10. Speech to text on Xbox Party Chat

in XboX Insiders
    Speech to text on Xbox Party Chat: How exactly does this feature work, does your voice still get heard in party when it's turned on? I'm really interested to find out everything about this feature submitted by /u/xJustCait...