Specifics ports for chat on XBox One that can be QoS/DSCP prioritized?

Discus and support Specifics ports for chat on XBox One that can be QoS/DSCP prioritized? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to prioritize voice chat traffic coming from my XBox One (either via XBox chat or Fortnite chat). Are there specific ports I could... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnHarvey_1831, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Specifics ports for chat on XBox One that can be QoS/DSCP prioritized?

I'd like to be able to prioritize voice chat traffic coming from my XBox One (either via XBox chat or Fortnite chat). Are there specific ports I could reference to tag packets with DSCP or (better yet) is there a way to configure this on the XBox One
    itself?

:)

JohnHarvey_1831, Jun 15, 2020
  2. mr olr Win User

You would need to do this at the network level on your Local network. I would assume one of the UDP ports is used for voice. If you really want to know what port is being used you need to run wire shark on your network and do some packet inspection. I did
    google but nobody seems to have done this in the past.

If you have a firewall or network hardware, such as a router, you might need to make a configuration change in order for your Xbox One console to communicate with Xbox Live. This configuration change is sometimes called "opening ports" or "port forwarding."
    Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open on your router:

• Port 88 (UDP)

• Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

• Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

• Port 80 (TCP)

• Port 500 (UDP)

• Port 3544 (UDP)

• Port 4500 (UDP)
  3. GunSHEEP Win User

COD - Lag or "Anti-Lag" Explained

Sorry, no solution. My guess is that Microsoft is applying some kind of QOS to the connection that prioritizes chat so that it isn't interrupted by other traffic. I've noticed that even downloading demos has no effect on the party chat. While in theory this
    is a good idea...in the real world you want the game traffic prioritized. Especially in FPS games. QOS will also add a small amount of lag just due to the packet processing.

Game chat definitely doesn't prioritize the chat channel. The quality difference between the two is very noticeable.
  4. IgotTSondabrain Win User

Router problem or xbox failure? Help!

check your router settings. your router may be set to prioritize your internet traffic. specifically check your Qos settings
  5. Jake_993 Win User

Xbox one all video streaming services (Netflix, Amazon, Disney) not working

I have tried to raise the same issue with Microsoft Support, however, they play the "There is an issue with the streaming service card..".

This is not the case, I have tested everything on my network and confirmed that these streaming services are specifically not working on the Xbox One.

It is due to their latest update which includes their "QoS settings". This update was installed on my device today and non of the streaming services have worked since. I have requested that they roll this back for my device, however, they have advised that this is no possible.

You would think they would roll back the update since it is causing issues with paid streaming services and costing users money. And, if not, they could at least include the option to uninstall updates on the device.

I have completely reset my router, setup port forwards, confirmed that there are no NAT rules causing issues. Tested the streaming applications on other devices and confirmed that these are all working. I have run all the connection tests from the xbox as well as from the streaming services themselves. These all came back without any issues, however, when you try to play anything on them a generic connection issue error appears.

The QoS settings are disabled by default, I have tried turning on both of the QoS options and still have the same issue. Its clearly to do with this update since this is what they both control:

DSCP TAGGING ENABLED

Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) labels are implemented at the IPv4 and IPv6 packet level. This technology is used in wired and wireless networks to detect delay-sensitive network traffic. DSCP labels can be used on networks that support tagged traffic prioritization, such as home routers, QoS-enabled gateways, or ISP networks that support DOCSIS Low Latency.

WMM TAGGING ENABLED

Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) tags are added at the wireless packet level and only work when connected to wireless networks. The WMM feature is typically enabled by default on routers and gateways. It protects priority Wi-Fi traffic from latency and throughput in congested wireless networks.
  6. TheVet96 Win User

Icons missing and download speed slow

Ok great. Were you able to set the QOS setting to prioritize the xbox?
Thema:

1. Specifics ports for chat on XBox One that can be QoS/DSCP prioritized? - Similar Threads - Specifics ports chat

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. Xbox app fsils to updste with specific error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app fsils to updste with specific error: Hello everyone, I am having exactly this issue : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-0x80070426-when-i-try-to-start-xbox/403f8e9b-2afc-4c32-9230-aa59b4732531...
  4. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically): So, I picked up a series X the other day yet am used to PC gaming in competitive games so I would like playing with my M&K in the finals. For some reason, even though I can use my keyboard and...
  6. Is purchase history specific to log in information or console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is purchase history specific to log in information or console?: We have many charges from xbox on our bank account. Our son said he didn't make the purchaes and that his friend probably did because he shared his log in information with his friend. We see the...
  7. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...: I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was not true when I attempted to actually play a...
  8. Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.: I was thinking that it would be nice if they would add a feature that would allow you to appear offline with the option of showing certain friends that you are online instead of showing offline to...
  9. Why dose my screen go black specifically on hdmi2

in XBoX on Windows
    Why dose my screen go black specifically on hdmi2: So some times when I want to play a game and I switch to hdmi2 my screen will be black, I can here the xbox sounds but it's a black screen and it's not a flicker, the moment I switch to hdmi2 the...
  10. Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working on a specific game after connected to the console: My brother connected my controller to his console (Xbox Series S), after that no matter how many times I connect and reconnect my controller to my computer, it doesn't work. I also tried system...