Special Education School using Xbox and EA games for a e-sports club reward????

Discus and support Special Education School using Xbox and EA games for a e-sports club reward???? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for information to see if this is possible. We are a special education K-12 school, all of our students have severe emotional... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by tevian, Jan 12, 2022.

1. tevian
    tevian Guest

Hi,

I'm looking for information to see if this is possible. We are a special education K-12 school, all of our students have severe emotional impairments. We have an arcade as a reward for staying in class, doing work, following the rules, etc. We currently have an xbox one with a few games. As many of you know, we don't have the budget to buy many games and/or gaming systems. Most of what we have purchased have come from staff donations.

I am looking to see if it would be possible to use a EA games pass for our students in combination with a family account to add controls. We would not want students to be able to purchase anything. We would want to make sure they could not use the log-in information outside of school hours when they are not monitored by our staff. We would want to control what games can be played so that they are "school friendly" and age appropriate.

Does anyone know if this is possible and where I would start??

Thanks

:)

tevian, Jan 12, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First you'll need to create an adult account for yourself and the administrators. Make sure the age set for this account is above 21 years. You can go to Xbox.com and click on sign up.

Secondly you'll need to create child accounts for your students. Make sure the age set for these are like 10 years.

Next you'll need to create a family group using the adult account and add the children accounts to it as a member.

Here's a guide to do that https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil....

Which that set up, all the child accounts will have child controls by default which can be adjusted or switched by the adult account when appropriate. They won't be allowed to make purchases as well without approval from the parent account.

Lastly, one EA pass subscription won't be enough for everyone as only 2 accounts will be able to use it at the same time.

Hope this helps.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

I would also recommend setting a physical letter to EA.. They may be willing to support your program in other ways as well, it never hurts to ask
  4. JFate777 Win User

Minecraft used in the public school system.

Hi again OakGill!

Honestly, no I have never heard of Public Schooling systems to use Minecraft as an educational tool. However, after playing it myself I can understand why they may use it in possibly a physics class. Another thing is that even though I have never heard of
    Minecraft in schools I am familiar with gaming in schools. My high school had a Halo club, and a Super Smash Bros. club that would meet regularly in the library after school. These clubs were not necessarily used to educate students, but they did offer a place
    for children to go in a safe environment to play a game and compete without worry. I met a lot of my friends in those clubs and it brought students together.
  5. Chudamaru Win User

E-sports as school sports

Video games are not sports.
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

E-sports as school sports

The purpose of sports or gym in school was to have students to participate in physical activity in order to help develop their growing bodies. Sports should not put students at risk of physical injury but it should help increase the cardio and strength
    development. E sports do not do this. There is limited time in the day for school it needs to be used wisely.
Thema:

1. Special Education School using Xbox and EA games for a e-sports club reward???? - Similar Threads - Special Education School

2. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  3. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  4. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  5. Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?: I am curious does this controller connect to Nintendo switch by any chance? My kids would like to know. :) 5263b71b-121b-4c94-af30-5035986de98b
  6. Installed Special Edition of Red Dead 2 but none of the stuff you get in online is showing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed Special Edition of Red Dead 2 but none of the stuff you get in online is showing...: So me and my boyfriend game share and he has the special edition, where I don’t but I was able to download the special edition add on. It downloaded, and it shows I have it downloaded and it’s...
  7. Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC: I know we can now specify where to install games from the Microsoft Store. I know in the past, you couldn't use mods on Skyrim or other games due to them being installed into an encrypted folder....
  8. What special power-ups or abilities do you think would enhance the gameplay experience?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What special power-ups or abilities do you think would enhance the gameplay experience?: In Wing Fighter, and how would they contribute to the overall excitement of the game? 6e948aaa-4cbc-48f8-a14b-074424abcf3d
  9. My sons Hotmail was hacked on his xbox . He is special needs and was conned into giving his...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sons Hotmail was hacked on his xbox . He is special needs and was conned into giving his...: Hi my sons email and account has been hacked on his xbox . He is special needs and was conned into giving his email and password . Can you help restore it or shut it down ?...
  10. Why cant i get to mods for my skyrim special addition game on my xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i get to mods for my skyrim special addition game on my xbox one: I cant get to mods for my skyrim special addition game, it shows a message starting with a $ but i bought a year subscription card from Walmart 441cf52a-349f-4f3c-997f-886cce1104a0