Sound Stuttering And Cutting Out On Video Playback

Discus and support Sound Stuttering And Cutting Out On Video Playback in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I've been having this problem for about a month now that I'm watching a video (either streaming through the Netflix app or playing a video... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CyberProletar, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Sound Stuttering And Cutting Out On Video Playback

Hey Guys,

I've been having this problem for about a month now that I'm watching a video (either streaming through the Netflix app or playing a video from my connected media using VLC or the native Media Player) and out of the blue the sound will start to stutter and
    then cuts out completely, while the video keeps playing.

So far it only happened with video apps, not while playing any games.

A restart cycle of the affected app seems to always fix the problem, but then it comes back after a few hours or the next day.

I've tried rebooting and powercycling the whole console as well to see if that could be a long term fix, but it didn't do anything.

I'm on an Xbox One S using the latest software connected to a Samsung flatscreen through HDMI. No sound system is connected.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

CyberProletar, Jun 15, 2019
  2. CyberProletar Win User

Hey SpiralOut46and2, thanks for your response!

As I said in my original post the issue happens with offline media as well as with online streaming, so my internet connection shouldn't have anything to do with this. Also I've seen no evidence of connection drops when the sound stuttering occured.
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  4. CyberProletar Win User

Hi {Parity}, thanks for your response!

I've done the powercycle you recommend, also power was out completely in my apartment the whole weekend last week (including my Xbox), yet I had this problem yesterday.
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

The only time where I've seen cutting out or stuttering on videos is due to a poor internet connection. Have you checked the internet connection with your Xbox One S to make sure it's picking the signal up good and not disconnecting, by chance?
  6. CORBENDEN Win User

Vudu and Amazon Video having problems since the New Xbox One Update. "Judder" or "Stutter" like effect when videos are playing on these two apps.

Thema:

1. Sound Stuttering And Cutting Out On Video Playback - Similar Threads - Sound Stuttering Cutting

2. My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound: So I went to turn on my Xbox series x and it won't turn on but I hear this ringing noise from inside my console if anybody have any idea to fix this I'll appreciate I read some things online about...
  3. Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers: I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV. Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart the TV and Xbox. Nothing. On the audio...
  4. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  5. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  6. Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x: Was in the middle of racing a game all of a sudden. The sound just went out. All other games and apps work fine can hear in game chat from other people. But no engine sound, no nothing. No TV...
  7. My sound on my Xbox won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sound on my Xbox won't work: When i turn on the Xbox it seams like my TV is on mute but its not Idk what's wrong with it 8ee52d37-429c-4e04-a245-2546aca48f30
  8. My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine

in XboX Insiders
    My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine: I bought a new headset and controller to try to tackle this issue and the controller definitely did reduce the occurrence yet it still happens where my audio keeps on stuttering really badly at...
  9. Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller: Often I have a crackling sound coming from the headset and I have concluded it’s coming from the controller because I have plugged in a different headset and that did not solve it. I am unsure...
  10. Xbox one X sound stutter, popping etc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X sound stutter, popping etc: I have a one X, elite 2 controller and a razer kraken headset (wired). The Xbox is connected to the internet via ethernet, as is the tv it's connected to. Just recently the sound on everything...