Sound issues on games only for Series X

Discus and support Sound issues on games only for Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This started with Goldeneye - when resuming quick resume I had no sound. Other games worked fine. The fix was to shut down the game, and unplug the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Justin Butler, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Sound issues on games only for Series X

This started with Goldeneye - when resuming quick resume I had no sound. Other games worked fine. The fix was to shut down the game, and unplug the power to my Xbox.

Eventually I just stopped playing the game I waited years for :/

Today I quick resume RDR2, no sound. No sound on any other game. Menus have sound though.

I closed everything, restarted, unplugged Xbox, reset Xbox with saving games/data ... no sound.

I did a full factory reset and waited for RDR2 to re-download at 72.4 Mbps on my hardwired 1Gbps connection ... that gets 800+Mbps on PS5...

And

Still

No

Sound

So now I've got my entire living room unplugged for 30 minutes to see of this temporarily fixes Xbox's complete ineptitude!

:)

Justin Butler, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Derek Mikolajczyk Win User

JFC! this is not a cable issue. This is an XBox issue! Microsoft fix the GD sound issue with these consoles!
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your audio problem.

Have you already tried using a different HDMI cable?

Or trying the Xbox on another TV? Just to isolate where the issue is coming from.

You can also check this guide for some steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. AboveRocket8990 Win User

My Xbox Series X Makes this noise only when I restart the console.

I have no performance issues but the sound was just a little concerning this specific sound only happens when I restart my Series X i linked a video to my issue if your able to view it.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

NBA2k22 Xbox x

Can you clarify exactly what you are trying to do and the issue as your post is a bit confusing.

On the one hand, it sounds like you install the game on your One X fine but it prompts you to install it again when you go to play it

On the other, it sounds like you install it fine on your One X but, because it isn't the Series X version, you then try reinstalling again.

As pointed out above, Series S/X versions are only available for Series S/X consoles (the current generation console)...the One X (last generation console) is neither
  6. BlakePenfield Win User

Xbox Seriex X - Atmos 7.1 Audio Clipping

Same issue here.

I’ve got my Series X hooked up to a brand new LG C2 using the HDMI cord that came with the Series X.

I’ve got an Atmos-enabled Vizio sound bar (5.1 + two height speakers in the sound bar) hooked into the TV’s HDMI-Arc port.

I have no issues with Atmos sound when playing games on Series X. I have no issues when watching Atmos-compatible movies in streaming apps like Apple or Disney+.

But, when I play an Atmos-enabled 4K Blu-ray Disc on the Series X blu-ray app, I get this weird audio buffer after a few minutes. The movie may go 20 minutes without, but once is starts going it gets more consistent. This issue persists regardless of which Atmost-enabled 4K Blu-ray I use.

I’ve tried messing with the settings - switching back and forth on allowing pass through, etc.

Funny thing is, on my older TV (a TCL Series 6 which was not VRR or 120 hz compatible) I had zero issues. My Series X would play Atmos 4K blu-rays no problem. Only difference I can think of is that on my old setup I hooked the Series X directly into the input of the sound bar and then output from the sound bar into the TV (it was the only way I could get Atmos to work on the old TCL Series 6). On my current set up with the LG C2 I don’t do that because passing the Series X through the sound bar would take away the VRR and 120 hz capabilities my new TV can do.

Can anyone help?
Thema:

1. Sound issues on games only for Series X - Similar Threads - Sound issues games

2. discord issues, sound krisp/no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord issues, sound krisp/no sound: After i launch discord,every thing was fine, after few second, the sound like (PTS) or when somebody leave (basically every discord built-in sound) it just become krisp then later no sound, this...
  3. Having sound issues with my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having sound issues with my Xbox: I followed the instructions to restart my Xbox when it was having sound issues, and it worked, but only temporarily. When I went to adjust the volume to turn it down, the sound went right back...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter sound issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter sound issues: I have bought Xbox Wireless Headset with Xbox Wireless Adapter and use it on my PC with Windows 11. All drivers and system are updated! And I have this terrible issue when audio is chopping with...
  5. MW3 sound issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 sound issues: Split from this thread. I've also got this issue....annoying!!! 0b34d1ff-3075-4da7-9e7e-c5524507df1e
  6. MW3 sound issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 sound issues: When playing MW three battle Royale, I am unable to hear anything when I open a chest or pick up plates. Everything else appears to be normal but I’m just not able to hear those few things. Any...
  7. All Sound suddenly went out. Can anyone help with this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    All Sound suddenly went out. Can anyone help with this issue?: I was playing a game on my series x, I was even in a party chat, then suddenly, all audio went out. Only party chat remained. Now, no matter what I do, all the trouble shooting and resets isn't...
  8. Sound issue with headset and TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound issue with headset and TV: I’m having issues with my headset, sound has been coming from my TV and headset but I also can’t adjust my headset chat mixer I have tried plugging my controller in which helped once but not...
  9. NO Sound After Update Several Days Ago. This is Not the "Intermitent Scratchy Sound" Issue

in XboX Insiders
    NO Sound After Update Several Days Ago. This is Not the "Intermitent Scratchy Sound" Issue: After an Update about a week ago, my Xbox lost its ability to output sound to the Home Theater or the TV's speaker EXCEPT for 1 App; (HD HomeRun) AND the Black and White Xbox Splash Screen that...
  10. My Xbox X is having sound issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox X is having sound issues.: At first it had no sound coming out, I unplug it and reset it and then I have startup sound and sound for the movies I bought but nothing else. Reset it again and I had sound for just the games,...