Sound doesn't work in Menu, apps (except games) on Xbox One

Discus and support Sound doesn't work in Menu, apps (except games) on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have trouble with sound on my Xbox one x. It works only in games. In menu or apps like Spotify, it doesn't work. But Spotify works in background... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galoony, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Galoony
    Galoony Guest

I have trouble with sound on my Xbox one x. It works only in games. In menu or apps like Spotify, it doesn't work. But Spotify works in background while I'm playing. If I turn the game off, sound stops. Please help :/

:)

Galoony, Sep 11, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Galoony Win User

At the beginning, after taking your steps, there were still no sounds in the menu. I left the console off for 2 hours and the sounds came back. I don't know what's going on, but your answer seems to be the solution to my problem. Thank you! :)
  4. gas passer 7433 Win User

Beta

The menu button on the xbox one media remote does not work in the blu ray app. It will not pull up the blu ray dvd menu. The menu button on the gaming remote will pull up the blu ray menu. Can you notify me when this is resolved. The menu button does work
    every where else except in the blu ray app.
  5. A Virtual Duck Win User

does anything work?

The search is for content, it doesn't search the net. Use internet explorer for that. How does smartglass not work? It works fine for me, with the exception of DR3's airstrike not working. Snap apps work fine, they just take a bit of getting used to, and
    CoD Ghosts bizarrely requires a net connection on Xbox One, IW's fault. If it's another game then it may need to verify your content license if someone else downloaded it onto your console.

-

To delete things, go into "games and apps" and press "Menu" (or say "Xbox, Show Menu" and then select "Uninstall".
  6. Cordawg15 Win User

New Xbox One dashboard update wont let me play games at all

my games and apps also won't launch from the home screen. nothing happens at all. launching them from the hub causes a flashing screen that doesn't stop until you hard reset. everything in the settings menu works except the network which can't be opened.
    everything worked fine when i went to bed last night. tried the hard reboot and that doesn't work. using a different profile also doesn't work.
Thema:

1. Sound doesn't work in Menu, apps (except games) on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Sound doesn't Menu

2. My xbox doesn't have sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesn't have sound: My xbox sound worked just fine last night. I turn it on today, no sound at all. None of the apps, games, or the dashboard have sound. No welcome chime when I sign in. I used a new HDMI cable,...
  3. My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or...: My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up and doesn't turn on...what could be the problem? 17d3550c-4c16-4dc3-9abe-f24d0af439e0
  4. Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play: A few days ago, I was watching some titles on Prime Video and I noticed that the lines were muted. I thought it was an error by Prime Video itself, but then this same error occurred with two...
  5. My Xbox series X doesn't Have sound

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series X doesn't Have sound: My headphones sound does work but the sound on my TV when using my Xbox series X suddenly stopped working 3 days ago. It had worked for the 3 weeks before when I bought it. The sharp TV's sound...
  6. Game Bar doesn't stay on in Settings/Achievements for Xbox app playing sound, but not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar doesn't stay on in Settings/Achievements for Xbox app playing sound, but not...: As the topic says... I've tried repairing and resetting through the Apps & Features. I've tried going through PowerShell to remove the Xbox suite and having them reinstall, gone through RegEdit...
  7. My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected: I have a Razer Barracuda X which comes with a microphone. In the first day of using it I had both the sound and mic working but the next the mic started causing my headset to stop playing sound....
  8. Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if...: When I watch an online video through Edge and want to record the screen, via Windows logo key + ALT + R, it only records the image, not the sound. When I play the same video through Firefox, both...
  9. Why doesn't headphone mode switch based on sound input format?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't headphone mode switch based on sound input format?: Dolby Laboratories says Dolby headphone app works best with Dolby encoded movies on DVD, Blu-ray. 3d and 4k discs. They do not want to bother trying to decode DTS movies or lpcm movies. Same with...
  10. Xbox button doesn't make sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox button doesn't make sound: My Xbox series S has randomly stopped making the startup sound when you click the button to start it, it has been doing this for about a month, and considering that it is only 1 year old, I don't...