Sound disappeared out of no where! The only sound I hear is party sound, no system sound,...

Discus and support Sound disappeared out of no where! The only sound I hear is party sound, no system sound,... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Things that have been tried Hard resets: 4 Unplugging controllers/headsets: 3 Unplugging Xbox: 2 submitted by /u/Wide_Case [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Wide_Case, Oct 4, 2021.

1. /u/Wide_Case
    /u/Wide_Case Guest

Sound disappeared out of no where! The only sound I hear is party sound, no system sound,...

Things that have been tried

Hard resets: 4 Unplugging controllers/headsets: 3 Unplugging Xbox: 2

submitted by /u/Wide_Case
    [link] [comments]

/u/Wide_Case, Oct 4, 2021
  2. Rusbr Masas Win User

Xbox 360 and Digital Optical Audio

Hi,

I'll address each of your points in turn:

Q) You were able to hear system sounds before you included the sound bar.

A) Correct

Q) You cannot hear system sounds with the sound bar included in your set-up.

A) Under certain conditions, correct. These are the conditions:

- When the Sound Bar is connected directly to the Xbox 360 via digital optical, I cannot hear system sounds when using Digital Stereo

- When the Sound Bar connects to my TV via HDMI, and my TV outputs audio to the Sound Bar via digital optical, I cannot hear system sounds, regardless of Xbox's output format. This is because my HDTV outputs only linear PCM when the audio source is HDMI

Q) You are now unable to hear system sounds even directly connected to your TV

A) Correct -- see above for further details

Q) Are you able to hear other sounds in games or movies?

A) Yes -- I watched an AVI movie on my Xbox 360 when using digital optical through my TV, and I didn't notice any issues with the audio.

Q) Is there any configuration of your set-up that allows you to hear the system sounds?

A) There are two situations where I can hear the system sounds:

- When the Xbox 360 connects directly to the Sound Bar, the the output audio format is Dolby Digital

- When the Xbox 360 connects to my HDTV, and then the HDTV outputs analog audio to the Sound Bar
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Only party chat sound, no game sound

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this MASIONGALEHOLDEN

This can be a bit dumb, but did you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    Or connecting the console to a different HDMI port or TV?

———
    In the meantime and if you didn’t tried this yet, please power cycle your console:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If you already tried all of the above, please tell me what else did you tried
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. MisterFizzle Win User

Xbox 360 and Digital Optical Audio

Hey there Rusbr,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your sound.

Just to make sure I understand the situation:

• You were able to hear system sounds before you included the sound bar.
    • You cannot hear system sounds with the sound bar included in your set-up.
    • You are now unable to hear system sounds even directly connected to your TV.

Are you able to hear other sounds in games or movies?

Is there any configuration of your set-up that allows you to hear the system sounds?

Please let us know if the above situation is correct and the answer to those questions and we'll go from there.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

echo on xbox one headset (steel series 5)

That is odd. If you can hear the echo it may not be from you but from someone else who has their TV or sound system turned up. I would recommend turning on the option to see who's speaking in the party chat and watch the screen for whose name pops up when
    you hear the echo.

Another thing you could try if you haven't yet is to head to the Sound Settings and make sure sound is coming through your headset only
  6. R1CH5TER Win User

Sound system

Firstly, welcome to the forums, hope you stick around there's alot of helpful friendly folk on here.
    Its down to personal preference on which is better for your circumstances, go with the turtle beach if you need to keep volume down on tv to not disturb others, or if thats not an issue for you maybe go with the sound bar.

Both could be an option, one of mates runs a sound bar and X04's alternatively, but if you feel its not neccessary choose what is best for what you want
Thema:

1. Sound disappeared out of no where! The only sound I hear is party sound, no system sound,... - Similar Threads - Sound disappeared where

2. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  3. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    bad sound on xbox wireless headphones: I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on...
  4. Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound went out Forza 8 Xbox x: Was in the middle of racing a game all of a sudden. The sound just went out. All other games and apps work fine can hear in game chat from other people. But no engine sound, no nothing. No TV...
  5. My sound on my Xbox won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sound on my Xbox won't work: When i turn on the Xbox it seams like my TV is on mute but its not Idk what's wrong with it 8ee52d37-429c-4e04-a245-2546aca48f30
  6. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  7. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  8. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...
  9. Sound not outputting through rear speakers or subwoofer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound not outputting through rear speakers or subwoofer: Hello, I have a Vizio 5.1 Soundbar system plugged into my TV through the eARC HDMI, then my XBox Series X plugged into the TV as well through a different HDMI port. When I am setting up my XBox...
  10. What's the point of be an embassador? (I like how it sounds)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What's the point of be an embassador? (I like how it sounds): I'm new on this to be an embassador, teach me an tell me about what to do. I'm like sponge. I read all te introduction but I need someone to talk about the part of be an embassador. I like to...