Sound Cutting Out

Discus and support Sound Cutting Out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have HDMI out going to my TV and the audio optical out to my Vizio soundbar. I've had no issues with delay or anything else with any other systems,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xzanatos, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Xzanatos
    Xzanatos Guest

Sound Cutting Out

I have HDMI out going to my TV and the audio optical out to my Vizio soundbar. I've had no issues with delay or anything else with any other systems, including Ps3, 360, and regular tv. With the xbox one for some reason if no sound is outputting for a second
    or more the soundbar disables or something. So for instance if I'm sitting at the home menu where there is no sound, then start moving around (and thusly usually hearing the click) I hear nothing for half a second, and then you volume goes up from 0 to whatever
    its set at.

So if audio is continuous, such as watching football where the fans cheering is always background noise, there is no issue. But as soon as it gets silent for a second it's like the sound bar turns off and has to turn back on as soon as sound comes back.

:)

Xzanatos, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Sound Cutting Out

Picked up the game yesterday. With the servers going down for a couple hours I was only able to play for about 2 hrs but I was pleasantly surprised at the improvements I saw compared to the BETA.

I do have some sort of sound issue though. I know some games I play the sound will cut out here and there, usually it’s not too distracting because it doesn’t happen too much. But on Battlefield 3 it happens quite often. I’d say once a minute or ever other
    minute. On the BETA the sound would completely cut out for like half the match sporadically. I didn’t experience that last night but the sound did cut out for a split second, it was always really quick and then came right back but it is distracting.

ARNLD BRNSchwgr, Jan 6, 2014
  3. khemical
    khemical Guest
    Sound Cutting Out

Not good, that happened a lot during the beta but you would have hoped they had fixed it for release.

khemical, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Sound Cutting Out

Hey there Xzanatos! That definitely sounds a bit odd. Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start off, here's a couple questions to help us better understand the situation:

1. Have you tried plugging your console directly into the TV (bypassing the sound bar)? If so, did you still experience the sound delay?
    2. Also, if you're doing something like sitting on the dashboard and you experience the sound delay, is it continuous after the first delay? Or does it "catch up" after the first delay and only delays again if you let it go silent for a while?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Mister Cerb, Jan 7, 2014
  5. Xzanatos
    Xzanatos Guest
    The sound is fine when using the TV speakers. So there's a communication issue going from X1 -> TV -> Soundbar. But I don't have the issue with anything else. And the sound delay restarts anytime there is about a second of silence.

Xzanatos, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Sound cutting out

Hey there, IlluminatiRsng! Glad to see you were able to sort everything out! This thread is over 3 years old. If you need assistance with any other support issues, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've
    completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  7. John-Bo Win User

Sound cutting out

Tried on a different TV, only for a short amount of time but seemed to work ok. So now it has to be something to do with the TV or settings on the 360. I'm not convinced about the HDMI sockets being faulty or dusty.

I'll try altering some settings but if anyone know which I should be altering for sound it would help. Would it only be in the "Audio" section or would the "Display" section have anything to do with it?

A thought, the other TV is far newer than my current one, could it be something to do with the auto detect on the 360 that doesn't work correctly on my older TV?
  8. Miss Portia Win User

Sound cutting out

Hey there OP - how exactly is your console connected to the TV?
  9. JCON1006 Win User

Sound Cutting Out

I can try that. I have to let my controller die a little bit as its charged pretty good now. Yesterday morning I was on for maybe an hour and it didn't give me any issues. However my controller was probably pretty charged up from the night before.
    So that's why I am leaning towards a battery issue. Or a low power issue if you will......
  10. B4NG TlDY Win User

Sound cuts out????

I had to be a bit drastic and swap the TV for another, swapped it with my bedroom TV, went from Panasonic to Samsung, didn't change any setting and sound has been fine ever since.
Thema:

Sound Cutting Out

1. Sound Cutting Out - Similar Threads - Sound Cutting

2. I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...: I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Controller dongle. My sound keeps cutting in and out whilst playing destiny 2 via Steam. It is getting progressively worse....
  3. sound cuts in/out

in XBoX on Consoles
    sound cuts in/out: ok so ive owned this xbox one x for about 5 or 6 years now. i have 2 more xbox one x's and ive tried swapping them about so different tvs and cables and other xbox on this tv and hdmi cable so i...
  4. Sound keeps cutting out only when playing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound keeps cutting out only when playing games: I have an Xbox One that’s about 6 or 7 years old now and recently I’ve noticed after about 2 minutes of playing any game the sound cuts out. I’ve tried basic trouble shooting like changing the...
  5. My xbox sound cuts out all the time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox sound cuts out all the time.: My xbox audio is ran through hdmi to my moniter, and then through 3.5mm aux cable to my singular speaker. My audio randomly cuts out for 5 - 20 seconds. When I go to audio setup in settings, the...
  6. I am getting audio cut outs and no sound on cod online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting audio cut outs and no sound on cod online: Audio cuts out during cod online games making game unplayable. Have Microsoft Xbox wireless headset and Xbox one x dd2d68b4-a852-4da9-8384-a9662fcb4433
  7. Why doesn’t my Xbox beep then cut to no sound when I play call of duty warzone 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox beep then cut to no sound when I play call of duty warzone 2: Whenever I load up Call of Duty Warzone 2. The game will proceed to make several beeping noises and then afterwards cut to no game sound. I’ll still have sound for my Xbox but no game sound for...
  8. 8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...

in XboX Insiders
    8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...: I am tossing this out there right now as I am in the process of troubleshooting the issue with Sony support. Here is the setup: Xbox Series X (set to bitstream out, DTS Surround Sound) HDMI 2.1...
  9. Why does dolby atmos sound cut out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does dolby atmos sound cut out?: why does the sound cut out when using dolby atmos on xbox one x? Are they gonna fix it? 2dc13b98-214e-4a88-8e64-5a2b0fda6fa1
  10. Отсутствие звука кроме кат сцен в Forza [Translation - No sound except cut scenes in Forza]

in XBoX on Windows
    Отсутствие звука кроме кат сцен в Forza [Translation - No sound except cut scenes in Forza]: Купил, установил, зашел а кроме кат сцен звука нигде нету, можно как нибудь исправить? [Mod Translation - I bought it, installed it, went in and apart from the cut scenes, there is no sound...