Sound bar connection problems

Discus and support Sound bar connection problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to directing connect a sound bar to my xbox one because I am using a monitor and I have connected it but still no sound. I have done some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by briank339, Jan 8, 2022.

1. briank339
    briank339 Guest

I am trying to directing connect a sound bar to my xbox one because I am using a monitor and I have connected it but still no sound. I have done some research and saw I might need to change the bitstream out settings but they are not found under the audio tab. Any suggestions or tips to solve this?

:)

briank339, Jan 8, 2022
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV

You say the TV is connected by arc to the sound bar. What is arc? Perhaps that is the problem. Is there a way to connect the sound bar directly to the TV?
  3. XBF - Amory Win User

With the newer Xbox update, the option you're looking for (Bitstream out) has been simplified and changed to just Speaker audio. You can find this by going to Settings > General > Volume & audio output, and then you can select which type of audio you want the Xbox to push out instead. The type of audio available to you will depend on the hardware you have plugged in to the Xbox.

Also, can you confirm specifically which model Xbox console you're using, as well as the TV model?

In the meantime, for an Xbox One console (either the Original Xbox One, Xbox One S/X, or Xbox One Digital Edition), you will want to connect the digital audio wire directly from the console to the sound bar, following the directions found here: Connect your Xbox console to a sound system | Xbox Support.

I may be able to provide better troubleshooting once I have the details.
  4. Viperlocc Win User

Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

Has anyone tried to connect their sound bar to a non ARC HDMI port and see if that fixes the problem?
  5. Magic Soldier Win User

Xbox One - Low Sound on Sony HT-RT5 Soundbar

Does the sound bar have an optical connection? You could TRY connecting the Xbox to sound bar directly (pretty cheap cables on amazon) and see if that rectifies it...
  6. Dynamic Sausage Win User

Sound bar connection

Optical is by far the best audio connection method. I think you may be confusing this with what you have called "coaxial" as this is the primary input method for most modern sound bars. I could be wrong, but it seems more likely.

As for the AUX, that's only really added so people can plug in iPods and phones etc. Of course, there's nothing to stop you using that method for your TV but it's not usually the reason it's implemented.
Thema:

1. Sound bar connection problems - Similar Threads - Sound bar connection

2. [Minecraft - Windows 10/11 Edition] Sound distorted and cracks. Xbox Game Bar problem with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Minecraft - Windows 10/11 Edition] Sound distorted and cracks. Xbox Game Bar problem with...: Razer 7.1 Synapse has a problem with it's Synapse THX in playback device settings. I switched to the, separate, Razer audio controller - Game in both the systems playback settings and Xbox Game...
  3. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....
  4. Is there anyway to hook up my wireless LG sound bar to my Xbox 1 series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there anyway to hook up my wireless LG sound bar to my Xbox 1 series s: How can I hook my LG wireless soundbar to my Xbox One series s 4e410f5d-e99d-4ab4-a6b6-01f18ac98db3
  5. Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...: When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on Bluetooth it switches the HDMI setting on the sound bar to TV I don't know what's going on please help...
  6. Is there a way to receive sound notification when recording begins in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to receive sound notification when recording begins in xbox game bar?: Currently I can't tell if it's recording or not and if I alt tab out to check, the recording ends automatically because I've switched app. 8e4b5b3d-1239-4d31-9fe1-27247055120a
  7. Game Bar doesn't stay on in Settings/Achievements for Xbox app playing sound, but not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar doesn't stay on in Settings/Achievements for Xbox app playing sound, but not...: As the topic says... I've tried repairing and resetting through the Apps & Features. I've tried going through PowerShell to remove the Xbox suite and having them reinstall, gone through RegEdit...
  8. Xbox one connect to sound bar via hdmi arc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one connect to sound bar via hdmi arc: Hello, I just bought Kilpsch sound bar RSB-6 with HDMI arc function. However, it doesnt work whe I connect Xbox with RSB-6, from where connects wuth another HDMI wire to TV arc port. (Toshiba...
  9. XBOX One won't connect to VIZIO SB3622n-E8 sound bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX One won't connect to VIZIO SB3622n-E8 sound bar: Hey, so I just got a VIZIO soundbar but my TV (WestingHouse) does not have a digital optical audio port so i figured id connect the soundbar to my xbox one but the soundbar seems to not connect to...
  10. How to connect sound bar and xb1

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect sound bar and xb1: Just bought an ilive 37 in sb. I currently have my direct and tv running to my xbox 1. How do I connect my sb so that I can get sound when watching TV and playing games? Sound bar has red/white...