"Sorry, purchase of this content is not allowed for child and teen accounts"... But ...

Discus and support "Sorry, purchase of this content is not allowed for child and teen accounts"... But ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was excited to hear about backwards compatibility since I got rid of my 360 a while ago and they're still giving out 360 games for free, but I have a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Exabytes Beyond, Jul 13, 2015.

1. "Sorry, purchase of this content is not allowed for child and teen accounts"... But ...

I was excited to hear about backwards compatibility since I got rid of my 360 a while ago and they're still giving out 360 games for free, but I have a problem when trying to download free games from the Xbox marketplace website. I scrolled down the Plants
    Vs Zombies page (since that's what's free this month), and click where it says "already purchased; download to Xbox 360." When I do, it gives me the above error. I've looked all over other forums and communities to no avail. As far as I know I'm not part of
    a family pack (or whatever that is. I had no idea such a thing existed until today and still don't know what it really is). My mom has my parent account, which does not include an Xbox Live account or its own gold subscription (I'm the only one in the household
    with a Live account at all), and I point that out because I'm not sure if a parent account can purchase games with gold if the child account under them has a gold subscription (aka use their child's gold subscription).

I don't particularly care about PvZ, but I really want to figure this issue out soon so I can get as many 360 games on my Xbox One once the feature is released. It's also clear to me Microsoft didn't really think out how poorly free 360 games mesh together
    with the upcoming BC feature on Xbox One at present, as most Xbox One users probably haven't had a 360 for some time, making the purchasing and usage of these 360 games all but impossible for most gold members under 18 (like myself), and people with other
    bad circumstances. (perhaps that will be my draft for a new change .org petition! lol)

Also, and I know this doesn't a darn bit of difference, but I'm 16 (17 next month), and I kind of wish I could do this without my parents' help.

Any suggestions?

:)

Exabytes Beyond, Jul 13, 2015
  2. Sorry Purchase of this content is currently not allowed for child and teen accounts

Unable to purchase free games for gold for Xbox one on my sons account through the website I'm getting the below message.

Sorry, Purchase of this content is currently not allowed for child and teen accounts.

I have been on with Microsoft support and they have advised me to post on here as they couldn't find an issue.

grtech-0B34ED72-FED8-4E38-8BCE-2F7439CE166F, Jul 13, 2015
  3. dalanden20
    dalanden20 Guest
    The 10 amazing years sweepstakes gamerpic download

This is the exact message that is given to me when i attempt to download the gamerpic.

Sorry

Purchase of this content is currently not allowed for child and teen accounts.

dalanden20, Jul 13, 2015
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

"Sorry, purchase of this content is not allowed for child and teen accounts"... But ...

If it says you already bought it then you did already

It is going by your account purchase history

You will have to have an xbox to download it to if you want to queue it since you already purchased it previously you cant rebuy it

And no it was clearly stated on the e3 announcement if you dont have an xbox 360 then the only way to get the games is by webmarketplace

ngocphi, Jul 13, 2015
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    That first error isnt an error by ms

Thats your account settings

Child accounts cannot by law download anything about family

Pg or m rated games arent allowrd by international laws

ngocphi, Jul 13, 2015
  6. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Sorry anything pg or higher that is free due to the international laws on advertising

ngocphi, Jul 13, 2015
  7. kiralouise27
    kiralouise27 Guest
    You need to ask your parent account to change your Purchase Settings (Buy and Download on the x1) to "Anything" to get the free game.

kiralouise27, Jul 17, 2015
  8. "Sorry, purchase of this content is not allowed for child and teen accounts"... But ...

My parent account says I'm allowed to purchase anything. Also, I never bought PvZ. I got the trial version years ago. My problem is I have an Xbox One, but I don't have a 360 anymore. My only way of purchasing 360 games with gold is through the xbox marketplace
    website, but the website won't allow me. It tells me the above error, even though I've been given permission by my parent account, and the games I'm trying to get are free (as of now, Plants Vs Zombies and Gears of War 3). Yes, I have gold, which I renew every
    year, and to add to my frustration (though personally less important) I can't purchase ANYTHING on the marketplace website due to my age (although others have already made threads complaining about that, so I won't make one). It seems to me that using the
    marketplace website to make purchases is a moot point if you're under 18 (I'm almost 17), and basically means you're *** if you're trying to reserve free gold games for the console you don't have (in other words, there's no option for getting your gold games
    of you don't have the console and you're under 18. Thanks Microsoft... -.-

Exabytes Beyond, Jul 17, 2015
  9. Hey there, Exabytes Beyond! If you're seeing that it says you've already purchased this when signed in to this account, then you will be unable to "purchase" it, as you already own it. This means that once you have a 360 again, or if the game becomes backwards
    compatible, all you will need to do is download the game again.

To verify if you own the license for it, you can check out your purchase history on
    commerce.microsoft.com. If you don't see it there, you will want to
    contact us via phone or chat so that they can look into your licenses and purchase history. "Sorry, purchase of this content is not allowed for child and teen accounts"... But ... :)

Are you receiving this error with Gears of War 3 right now since that is the current free game? Or was this only with PvZ?

Misses Quinzel, Nov 1, 2018
  10. dalanden20 Win User

The 10 amazing years sweepstakes gamerpic download

This is the exact message that is given to me when i attempt to download the gamerpic.

Sorry

11. Pokemon10109 Win User

Purchase of this content is not allowed for child + teen accounts.

I can't purchase ANYTHING on the computer side, on the xbox I bought stuff before and it worked fine. The "error" I get is: Sorry

12. SingCongButas25 Win User

Sorry Purchase of this content is currently not allowed for child and teen accounts

13. grtech-0B34ED72-FED8 Win User

Sorry Purchase of this content is currently not allowed for child and teen accounts

Xbox one as stated above.

How do you reduce the content settings filter on the website.

Also he has his own gold account on his own Xbox 360
  14. ngocphi Win User

Xbox one or xbox 360 games with gold

If xbox one you must reduce the content settings filter

Also if its xbox 360 you need to do it on an xbox 360 or use your account

Also home gold doesn't extend to the website only the master account can make gold purchases on the website
Thema:

1. "Sorry, purchase of this content is not allowed for child and teen accounts"... But ... - Similar Threads - Sorry purchase content

2. Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...: I'm tired & I don't know what to do next maybe failure of hardware & some other conditions ba7728e6-4a71-4817-b570-f87f13f369c3
  3. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  4. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  5. Das ist wild sorry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Das ist wild sorry: GT Apakinda ich habe gestern in der Gruppensuche für andere Spieler ein Inge Angebot gemacht so wie es 200 andere Spieler auch machen und bekomme ein Kommunikation Ban und kann den nicht mal sehen...
  6. Sorry this game is not available on your console GtaV online Xbox one s not allowing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry this game is not available on your console GtaV online Xbox one s not allowing...: Sorry this game or app isn’t compatible Bought GTAV Online for my s series but now it’s saying its not compatible Please help me fix this 8eac72c3-ad2c-4bcc-bc6a-954b8ec761c2
  7. Need fix for “Sorry, this controller can’t be reverted.”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need fix for “Sorry, this controller can’t be reverted.”: Ordered an Xbox controller to use with my Tesla. Attempted to update the firmware which was apparently the wrong direction (the older versions allow for Bluetooth Classic; not BLE aka Bluetooth...
  8. When opening my game to play Xbox live on black ops 2 it’s giving me Sorry, can’t connect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When opening my game to play Xbox live on black ops 2 it’s giving me Sorry, can’t connect...: When opening my game to play Xbox live on black ops 2 it’s giving me Sorry, can’t connect to Xbox live and won’t download my profile to allow me to play online what do I do?...
  9. "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem: Im a developer, 15 years in. If I cant figure out **** is wrong thats not on me. I tried to buy a minecraft expansion. I get that insanely unhelpful message. I log out log in, etc. Oh then I...
  10. Sorry, we are unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry, we are unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet connection?: Every time I try to start a 30 day trial of realms, this message just keeps popping up. My wifi works just fine and I can play on other multiplayer games. 294ca02e-ca6d-4525-a5eb-5effa723f481