Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

Discus and support Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by NemesisEnforcer, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?
    If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the reply.

:)

NemesisEnforcer, Nov 22, 2018
  2. What are the recommended settings for my set top box?

I'm noticing people changing their settings to 720p and changing the sound to stereo. Does this work? won't I notice the change from 1080p to 720 on my 1080p Panasonic plasma? My set top box is Dish Network hopper and my receiver is a sony STR-DH520. I have
    lost TV signal every now and then, what are the recommended settings?

Krimson Arrow, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Xbox One - AV Device not recognized. Nuforce Dia. Can we manually enter code or have XBOX One learn?

I'm having a similar problem with xbox not recognizing my receiver (sony STR k900). I have a remote but am not sure how to input the code. Do I need to get a newer receiver?

Hossernator68, Nov 22, 2018
  4. ThorX360
    ThorX360 Guest

ThorX360, Nov 22, 2018
  5. I appreciate your reply. But fear I wasn't specific enough. Basically, I have to (sometimes) hard reset my XBOX One X to use HDMI audio at all. As in, the console isn't even detecting it. Even though I have a 7.1 setup and can bitstream audio. There
    are times the console won't let me select HDMI audio, thus the hard reset. When I do, everything works.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is a known issue just like I've had to hard reset my console at times to get it to detect my wifi network.

NemesisEnforcer, Nov 23, 2018
  6. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Hey Enforcer thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We suggest at this point a reset of the console since
    the problem might be on the actual OS of the console (or possibly a bad update)
    so we would suggest a
    Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)
    Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 23, 2018
  7. Whats your current setup for the order of how everything turns on? Can you make it so the console starts last if it’s not already?

coco meat train, Nov 23, 2018
  8. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

Given how I use a universal remote to turn things on, I could check and see. Thanks much.

NemesisEnforcer, Nov 23, 2018
  9. If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the reply.

NemesisEnforcer, Nov 6, 2018
  10. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi Nemesis,

We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved and this is an old thread. If you ever require any help
    with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please
    feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  11. NemesisEnforcer Win User

XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why?

If it happens again, I will do that. Thanks for the reply.
  12. NemesisEnforcer Win User

I appreciate your reply. But fear I wasn't specific enough. Basically, I have to (sometimes) hard reset my XBOX One X to use HDMI audio at all. As in, the console isn't even detecting it. Even though I have a 7.1 setup and can bitstream audio. There
    are times the console won't let me select HDMI audio, thus the hard reset. When I do, everything works.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is a known issue just like I've had to hard reset my console at times to get it to detect my wifi network.
  13. NemesisEnforcer Win User

Given how I use a universal remote to turn things on, I could check and see. Thanks much.
  14. ThorX360 Win User

Thema:

1. Sony STR-DH520: XBOX One X won't recognize my A/V receiver sometimes, why? - Similar Threads - Sony STR DH520

2. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  3. My TV model isn’t found on Xbox tv set up it’s a Sony model number is KDL-32BX300 I’m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My TV model isn’t found on Xbox tv set up it’s a Sony model number is KDL-32BX300 I’m...: My TV model isn’t found on Xbox tv set up it’s a Sony model number is KDL-32BX300 I’m trying to make it so I can turn on and off my tv and change the volume cf802024-8be3-4937-bce7-8b1e83730214
  4. Sony Ht S7000 and XboxS - dolby atmos swithing all the time into LPCM.

in XBoX on Windows
    Sony Ht S7000 and XboxS - dolby atmos swithing all the time into LPCM.: HI Community!! I have an HT S7000 soundbar and an Xbox Series X. I'm having an issue with Dolby Atmos. After connecting the Xbox directly to the soundbar and also to the TV via HDMI, when I select...
  5. Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings: Dear Community, Finally I switched from the One S to Xbox X. My setup is with Sony KD-65XH9096. The signal goes directly from the console to the TV. Then another HDMI from the TV to Soundbar...
  6. Not getting 4K 120hz on my Xbox One S and Sony Bravia A80CK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting 4K 120hz on my Xbox One S and Sony Bravia A80CK: Hi all. Have an Xbox One S, all updated with latest software. I have a Sony Bravia XR-55A80CK OLED TV. I just purchased a certified HDMI 2.1 cable and am using the HDMI input labeled “4K - 120hz”...
  7. Minecraft dungeons multiplayer is not working for cross platform (Sony & Xbox)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft dungeons multiplayer is not working for cross platform (Sony & Xbox): Can’t connect my friend to Minecraft dungeons multiplayer. He is listed as offline but he is in game. I don’t see his games in sessions and he can’t see my. When he plays another game I can see...
  8. My Xbox one s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia TV: I’ve tried everything to get it to work but still nothing the screen is just black no matter which hdmi I plug it into the screen just stays black but when I plug my laptop in it works perfectly...
  9. I Have sony bravia klv-32cx350 can I run Xbox one s or Xbox one x

in XBoX on Windows
    I Have sony bravia klv-32cx350 can I run Xbox one s or Xbox one x: I have a question i have a a sony bravia klv-32cx350tv can I run Xbox one s or Xbox one x b5e53720-ae8f-4411-b7a5-22056c2a3bac
  10. Why my xbox series s won't work on sony bravia even if i playd on it 3 days ago

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox series s won't work on sony bravia even if i playd on it 3 days ago: When i start console on tv shows text unsupported signal. Check your output device And i don't know how to fix this Any ideas? 52b5dcce-c694-4a75-880a-4bc32619934c