Son is getting an error message when trying to play Fortnite.

Discus and support Son is getting an error message when trying to play Fortnite. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On a Xbox Series S getting a "an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live. Please try again later" message when logging... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mberg_011, Feb 4, 2023.

1. mberg_011
    mberg_011 Guest

On a Xbox Series S getting a "an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live. Please try again later" message when logging into Fortnite. Message started to occur 5 days ago.

We gone through all the troubleshooting tips online that included:

1) restarted console when message appeared.

2) Cleared Mac address

Thanks.

:)

mberg_011, Feb 4, 2023
  2. mberg_011 Win User

Hello Rostom,

He was able to play the game before with his own account. This same message appears with everyone in my household (4 accounts) on our xbox.

We didn't change anything with the settings and he has been able to play all other games, just not Fortnite.

Thanks!

Matt
  3. Rostom L Win User

4. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for trying. Let's try to remove and re-add all your profiles.

Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address linked with your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Just in case we get the same issue, our last resort would be reinstalling the game itself. We could try factory reset (keep games & apps) but it's not guaranteed to fix it.

Check this link for the guide on performing factory reset: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Once everything has been tried and we get the same issue, the best option is to contact Epic games support to report it and so they can investigate the issue. It is clearly an issue with their game because other games work fine.

Epic games support: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/fortnite-c...
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Just to confirm, your son was able to play the game before using his own account? Didn’t you change any settings on his account? How about the other games, is he able to play them except Fortnite?

Please also try signing in your own profile and see if we get the same issue.
  6. mberg_011 Win User

Unfortunately clearing the game's local saves and resync did not work.
Thema:

1. Son is getting an error message when trying to play Fortnite. - Similar Threads - Son getting error

2. We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...: We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play too? Does she need a gamer tag? I’m keen to set up a family but how can I if my son has the gamer pass?...
  3. My son can't get Madden 2024 to load on xbox 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son can't get Madden 2024 to load on xbox 1: Can't get Madden 2024 to load on xbox one just stop installing. We have applied all updates and have enough space 7a4292c1-daea-4328-be2b-c42f76bc0132
  4. I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my son a Koorul monitor that has built in speakers. How do I get sound when...: The HDMI cable does have audio. What settings should the Xbox have? b34edbe9-5eef-4c9d-a1c5-8a9849ed131f
  5. Got a superdrive gs950-x for my sons xbox one but can't get it to connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got a superdrive gs950-x for my sons xbox one but can't get it to connect: Brought my son a gs950-x steering wheel for Christmas but can't connect to his xbox I have tried everything need help please 7ac33f95-85fc-4cac-88b5-a82f160f8082
  6. How an i get my sons profile back onto my profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How an i get my sons profile back onto my profile?: Hello all I stupidly tried a reset to get my son onto the fortnite live event but once it booted back up his profile was missing from my home screen. We can't remember any login details for his...
  7. cannot give my $10 xbox gift card to my son to get v-bucks for Fortnite

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot give my $10 xbox gift card to my son to get v-bucks for Fortnite: I was told to purchase $10 xbox gift cards using my MS reward on my Microsoft account then give to my son to use to redeem v-bucks for Fortnite. Once I redeem my points for $10 xbox Gift cards, I...
  8. Unable to click on spending under my Son's account., getting an error below

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to click on spending under my Son's account., getting an error below: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: An3y/Lju80Sr8j3u.14.325...
  9. I am getting an error trying to add money to my son's account in Family Safety.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am getting an error trying to add money to my son's account in Family Safety.: I get the following error when I am trying to add funds to my son's account in Family Safety. I went through the get more info link and verified that my credit card is up to date, I do not have...
  10. My son get a restricted error when playing NBA2k20 on his account in some specific game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son get a restricted error when playing NBA2k20 on his account in some specific game...: This game is rate E but for some reason to play mycareer mode in the game he gets some "age restricted" error. (That's a terrible idea in itself for a rated E game, but that's a question for the...