"Something went wrong" and internal server error when logging in for Halo

Discus and support "Something went wrong" and internal server error when logging in for Halo in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello all, I was hoping someone could help me with my issue. I have been trying to access the new Halo Infinite game and from the very beginning where... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Omeyy, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Omeyy
    Omeyy Guest

Hello all,

I was hoping someone could help me with my issue. I have been trying to access the new Halo Infinite game and from the very beginning where it asks you to sign in it pops the error "Something went wrong" I follow the instructions that it give me right below the error but it also does nothing. I also have been trying to access the https://www.halowaypoint.com/ website to submit a ticket. However I cannot do this as the website requires me to sign in. When I press the "Sign in" button in the top right of the page it redirects me to a page saying "Internal Server Error". If anyone has an idea of what is going on please let me know.

Thank you.

:)

Omeyy, Nov 21, 2021
  2. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello Omeyy,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums! Before assisting further, can you please supply us with a few more details regarding the error you're receiving?

1) Are you accessing the game through Steam?
    2) Are you receiving an error message that's asking you to verify your account?

Looking forward to your response!

-Tali
  3. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello Omeyy,

Thank you for your detailed response! Before we troubleshoot further, let's go ahead and ensure that you have access to your account.

Step One
    If you're able to successfully login to your account from Account Homepage, you may skip to the steps below. If you're unable to login to your account, a password reset may be required.

1) Go to Reset your password and enter your email address. Reset your password

2) Tell us where you’d like us to send a security code (email or phone number).

3) Once you receive your security code, you’ll be prompted to choose a new password and enter it twice. Passwords should be at least 8 characters long and should contain a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.

Reset or recover your lost Microsoft account password | Xbox Support

Step Two
    Once you've gained access to your account, please ensure that your Microsoft account is linked to Steam. You can do this with the methods below:

Link an account using Xbox Game Bar
    1) Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar.

2) Select Settings > Accounts.

3) Sign in to the Xbox network (most linked accounts require it), choose a social network from the list, press Link and then follow the prompts.

Link an account from a game purchased on Steam
    1) Open Steam, and then launch a game that supports Xbox account linking (for example, Gears 5).

2) Sign in to the Xbox network when prompted.

3) Select the account linking option in the game’s menu.

4) When the Steam account linking overlay appears, select Yes, continue.

Please let me know if the above suggestions resolve the error/if you receive any other notification errors. Please note; there are Halo Infinite players that are getting stuck at a "verify your account screen", if you see this you may try one of two things;

Option One
    1) Open the Steam app and login with your account
    2) Then visit, Steam Settings > Web Browser > then "delete web browser cache and cookies"

Option Two
    Attempt to download Halo directly from the Xbox app or Microsoft Store app. This typically resolves the error and allows players to login with ease

I hope this helps! Of course, please feel free to reach back out to this thread if you're still unable to access Halo Infinite.

Thank you!

-Tali
  4. Omeyy Win User

Hi thank you for getting back to me,

I am using Steam to access the games and I am receiving this error message as soon as I press the "Sign in" option on halo. You can use the picture as a reference. As for the internal server error, I come across this as soon as I press the "Sign In" for Halo Waypoint.

Thank you for your help,

Omer
    [​IMG]
  5. lucasfox1 Win User

Halo waypoint sign in problem "Internal Server Error" HTTP ERROR 500

Ok so explain this to me. I have an internal server error when I try to log in on the halo waypoint website so I come here for help. Then I see that you need to go to halo waypoint support right? I cant access the support page DUE TO THE ERROR. So now what?
  6. Turv3y Win User

Strange symbol need a answer on what it means

I think that is a connection error picture. Probably something went wrong with the server while playing.
Thema:

1. "Something went wrong" and internal server error when logging in for Halo - Similar Threads - Something went wrong

2. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  3. Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.

in XBoX on Windows
    Keeps saying "something went wrong" when i try to get CoD points.: When i click on the amount of points i want to buy, example: 1,200 CoD points, It keeps saying "Something went wrong, please try again later" and i have enough money, it keeps saying this each...
  4. Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...: I had these really good captures from my game I wanted to share with others in a club I was in. Instead I am repeatedly met by an error message saying something went wrong, and this is still...
  5. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  6. Try Again In A Bit. Something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try Again In A Bit. Something went wrong: WHY WONT IT LET ME sign in my console to my Xbox app just trying to connect it to my console. 8998ecf8-199c-4f8b-924b-78934ba11c16
  7. "Something went wrong with your party. Try again later" error when attempting to join a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    "Something went wrong with your party. Try again later" error when attempting to join a...: Both were working perfectly fine yesterday and the error appeared tonight. I've tried repairing and resetting the associated apps on my PC. I have made sure my privacy settings were set correctly....
  8. I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong: My Xbox user is CurvedZero93840 5efbdb22-cde3-413c-9219-320b6e3c5a4e
  9. How do i get it when i try to change skins it says Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get it when i try to change skins it says Sorry! Something unexpected went wrong?...: I need help fixing this because i've been trying to find a way to change my skins and i did all sort of things like uploading the skins on the minecraft website and trying to change it in the app...
  10. How I fix the 'Stuck on "Something went wrong" screen on xbox store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How I fix the 'Stuck on "Something went wrong" screen on xbox store?: I tried everything, power cycling the xbox and the router, unplugging the xbox for few minutes and shutting it down even tried restarting the xbox, but nothing fixes it. What should I do?! [img]...