someone signed into my Microsoft Account and it wasnt me. He changed the settings and i...

Discus and support someone signed into my Microsoft Account and it wasnt me. He changed the settings and i... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Someone logged into my Microsoft Account. He changed the password, security info, and security question. I got an Email from Microsoft and it said that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by duckyQS, Jun 5, 2023.

1. duckyQS
    duckyQS Guest

someone signed into my Microsoft Account and it wasnt me. He changed the settings and i...

Someone logged into my Microsoft Account. He changed the password, security info, and security question. I got an Email from Microsoft and it said that the security email used was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** that email doesn't belong to me or my family. In the Microsoft Email, it also said that the guy that signed into my account used Firefox. I don't use Firefox so I'm very sure it wasn't me. I tried many things to log back in. I tried resetting the password. But I couldn't do that because I needed to verify that it was me and type in a code that was sent to me by mail. The second option was to answer my security question, but like I said that person changed it as well. please tell me what I should do to get my account back and what is the first thing I need to do after I finally get my account back. (Note: I am not using the Microsoft account that I have lost)

:)

duckyQS, Jun 5, 2023
  2. duckyQS Win User

someone signed into my Microsoft Account and it wasnt me. He changed the settings and i cant log back in or reset the password. What do i do

Thanks for your Reply! I'll try to recover my account
  3. Rostom L Win User

someone signed into my Microsoft Account and it wasnt me. He changed the settings and i cant log back in or reset the password. What do i do

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. Just to set your expectation, due to our account safety and security, only us the account owners have the ability to recover our accounts and verify their ownership. Even a Microsoft Support cannot recover our accounts on our behalf because they're protected by the security information we have setup on our accounts which we only have access to.

Our best option here is to keep trying to recover your account using the account recovery form. You can submit it twice per day. Please be informed that they base the information you provided to your original account information. They don't just base it to the information that the hacker used.

For more tips or guide about the recovery form, please visit the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Can’t login to email

My son changed the email on our Xbox account. Now I can’t sign into my email account. What can I do to resolve this problem?
    Hopefully it wasnt a Microsoft email he removed from the account because per https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account it says:

"Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time."

If this is what he did then I dont think there is any way of reversing this once it's been done but someone can correct me if im wrong.
  5. borospark Win User

Child accounts

Yezzmina, thanks for answering but I wasnt given the option to input my country, it automatically defaulted to USA, and wouldnt let me change it. I checked my settings before posting so I know it wasnt my account that was wrong.
  6. For My Foes zZ Win User

My Home Xbox

How long will I be locked out of my account? I can prove its my account so why should i be locked out. Microsoft should have a solution for this, If i change my password it should make anyone who has the old password sign in with the new password! but nooooo
    they have to make everything hard.

P.S

he wasnt a friend just a assigned roommate at my college.
Thema:

1. someone signed into my Microsoft Account and it wasnt me. He changed the settings and i... - Similar Threads - someone signed Microsoft

2. How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...: I gave my account information to my ex because we used to play games together and I shared mine with him. Lately he’s been logging onto my account and saying things to his friends account which...
  3. We were how can i talk to someone when it requires a sign in and we cant since the hacker...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We were how can i talk to someone when it requires a sign in and we cant since the hacker...: We were hacked how can i talk with someone as sign in is required and the hacker changed our log in info a81bca5a-485b-4561-be60-c0036345a5ad
  4. I changed my password to my account after someone was signed into it and changing the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my password to my account after someone was signed into it and changing the...: I noticed someone was on my account so I changed my password to my account but changing the password didn't sign them out, ino who it was and he even proceeded to tell me he's never going to turn...
  5. How can I remotely force-sign out someone from the Java Minecraft Launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I remotely force-sign out someone from the Java Minecraft Launcher?: So my friend somehow received access to my Minecraft account, but he refuses to sign-out. I have tried to get him to screenshare him signing out, and he removed the account from the launcher and...
  6. Someone else is signed in on my xbox app, what can I do to remove them and make sure my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone else is signed in on my xbox app, what can I do to remove them and make sure my...: I've signed into the xbox app and it's linked to a completely different xbox account to the one I use. My email is being used for this account, it has no activity or g. I never signed out of the...
  7. When someone else on an account that isn't mine plays an xbox game where I'm signed in, it...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When someone else on an account that isn't mine plays an xbox game where I'm signed in, it...: When someone else on an account that isn't mine plays an xbox game where I'm signed in, it shows up on my xbox profile as me playing it and it shows up on Discord too. How can I disable it? (More...
  8. Someone has been attempting to sign into my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone has been attempting to sign into my account: So for a few months now when I look at my sign in history on account page someone has been trying to sign in to it every few hours. The location is different each time and as far as I know none...
  9. Someone keeps trying to sign into my account, but keeps failing. This locks my account so I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone keeps trying to sign into my account, but keeps failing. This locks my account so I...: Hello! I recently tried to sign into my Microsoft account, but failed as my account was locked due to too many failed sign in attempts. I then looked at the history of my account and saw this:...
  10. How do I force sign-out someone in the Minecraft launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I force sign-out someone in the Minecraft launcher: My account was compromised and I need to know how to force sign them out of my account 3898c866-19bd-4218-8649-46c0568502f3