Someone reserving gamertag on zero gamerscore xbox account

Discus and support Someone reserving gamertag on zero gamerscore xbox account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is someone allowed to reserve a gamertag on an inactive xbox account with zero gamerscore for over four years while I get my gamertag auto changed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brock DiFonzo, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Someone reserving gamertag on zero gamerscore xbox account

Why is someone allowed to reserve a gamertag on an inactive xbox account with zero gamerscore for over four years while I get my gamertag auto changed after less than one year of inactivity!?

:)

Brock DiFonzo, Oct 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's only my guess, as I said
    Is not possible to give you an exact reason

And this is because an Xbox profile / gamertag is linked permanently to the Microsoft account
    Is not strictly necessary that other services use the gamertag
    As long as the user sign in their account and use it. The gamertag exists / is used until the owner decides to change it
  3. Brock DiFonzo Win User

My gamertag didn’t break the current xbox code of conduct, my gamertag was Ritzci before it got purged by the algorithm. Gamertags are exclusively used on the xbox platform, so why would the algorithm that auto changed my name not do the same to an xbox account that’s completely dead with zero gamerscore just because the person’s Microsoft account is still active on other Microsoft services like outlook, office 365, and one drive when those services don’t utilize the gamertag!?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Brock

Just to let you know, if a gamertag shows an "inactive" this doesn't mean that the whole Microsoft account is inactive.
    For example, the person who owns that gamertag maybe don't use Xbox services, but they have an active outlook address or they use instead office 365 or one drive.
    Probably that's the reason about why the "inactive" gamertag doesn't became available

About your specific issue, exists the possibility that your old / removed gamertag broke the current Xbox code of conduct and this is why the enforcement team removed it without letting you know

(I'm only guessing, as no one here knows how exactly enforcement team works there is no way to give you an accurate answer)
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If I recall correctly is not possible to appeal to this decision
    But you can try checking if the enforcement action appears here
    https://enforcement.xbox.com/

And if the option to start a case review appears as well
  6. Brock DiFonzo Win User

Would I be able to appeal getting my name auto changed?
Thema:

1. Someone reserving gamertag on zero gamerscore xbox account - Similar Threads - Someone reserving gamertag

2. Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?: A friend on Xbox keeps reporting my account that ends up getting comms banned then his reasoning is that I "just deserve it" he keeps saying I'm for the streets, and many worse things but I know...
  3. Someone took my code

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone took my code: I bought a code on G2A for a bundle with Forza Horizon 3 and 4 and their DLCs but when I try to redeem the codes, it initially said that I bought it in a different region from my account, but when...
  4. how can i see when i added someone as a friend or when we became friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how can i see when i added someone as a friend or when we became friends?: i need to find out when i added someone or when we became friends bc my boyfriend is fuming o 769bc37d-4fa0-4b1a-9e4d-df48ec88284b
  5. Can I play Xbox series x with someone playing a pc on ark ascended ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play Xbox series x with someone playing a pc on ark ascended ?: Can I play Xbox series x with someone playing a pc on ark ascended ? 57d0f10d-4fe1-4a4e-8a73-53967a1e9854
  6. Can someone tell me what this icon means?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can someone tell me what this icon means?: [img] I’m wondering what this means 31338fa0-3a75-45f1-b015-f8feefd03834
  7. Can someone please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone please help me: So I was watching YouTube on my xbox and than I randomly got suspended permanently and I didn't even do anything wrong ever so than I sent an appeal but it got denied what do I do now did I just...
  8. Anyone know how to actually speak to someone at xbox or Microsoft support ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know how to actually speak to someone at xbox or Microsoft support ?: Don't get the option of a Web chat and when I request a call back it tells me to try again later, the phone number just tells you to go online and then hang up, never known a customer services...
  9. Can someone help with this game-breaking issue? (Assetto Corsa Logitech G29)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help with this game-breaking issue? (Assetto Corsa Logitech G29): Hi, I have an issue that literally just started occurring yesterday on my G29 in Assetto Corsa, which my G29 has been working fine and well on for about 5 months now. Basically, suddenly my force...
  10. Pls help me or someone got a solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pls help me or someone got a solution: Can you please help,my Xbox series x is not working and it turns off automatically and my tv gos to"No signal" 86010458-51f7-4c1d-9b75-51f1a714e97a