Someone messaged me, harassed me, called me names. I don't really give a **** about that....

Discus and support Someone messaged me, harassed me, called me names. I don't really give a **** about that.... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So, I was playing Dead by Daylight the other night when a survivor decided they didn't want to play anymore because their teammate threw a pallet they... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by BigPapa42087, Feb 21, 2023.

1. BigPapa42087
    BigPapa42087 Guest

Someone messaged me, harassed me, called me names. I don't really give a **** about that....

So, I was playing Dead by Daylight the other night when a survivor decided they didn't want to play anymore because their teammate threw a pallet they wanted to use a perk on. They messaged me, mid game, to say they were hoping I'd beat all their teammates and they weren't going to help them win. They then messaged me and called me stupid (who cares), slow (ableism?) and proceeded to try to gaslight me. I'm not easily bothered, and indeed, I found the interaction funny. At one point I said, and I quote, "I'm not running my mouth. I'm pointing out your **** attitude and you don't like it." They reported this message, and I'm currently sitting on a 72 hour chat suspension. Again, they initiated the conversation, they attempted to insult me multiple times, and I'M the one with chat ban, because I said "****"?

I'm actually okay with the chat ban. If it's a ban on ANYONE that uses profanity, why not place a mandatory chat filter? But my actual questions are:

1) Who reviews these reports? Do they even remotely take context into consideration, or do they just look for keywords and ban anyone who uses them?

2) What message are you trying to send to your player base? Spoiled, entitled attitudes should be not just accepted, but encouraged, and anyone who disagrees with these cupcakes needs to not even have the ability to talk to their friends?

3) Is there ANY sort of recourse for people who abuse the reporting system for their own petty arguments and personal pride? Or should we all expect tyrants to have full control of when you can and can't communicate with people?

This experience is literally the first time I've ever had to deal with this sort of situation. I've been an Xbox user since the original Xbox, I've had Xbox gold since it was a thing, and my entire time, I've NEVER received any sort of enforcement action against my account. How that isn't taken into consideration in the suspension process is anyone's guess. There should be some serious oversight, and at least a modicum of an investigation before you ban people. I appealed the suspension, urging them to go in and actually READ the messages, as well as listen to the numerous voice messages this troll sent, but apparently any form of investigation is too much to ask for. Much easier to apply a suspension INSTANTLY, right?

To top it all off, the person messaged me again, after reporting me and said "Enjoy buddy! How's that for attitude?", so you know they've not only done this before, but they do it frequently and have become accustomed to either getting their way or having no repercussions for their entitled behavior.

:)

BigPapa42087, Feb 21, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Someone messaged me, harassed me, called me names. I don't really give a **** about that. How do I get chat suspended when THEY harassed me?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience on Xbox Live. It sounds like you were subjected to harassment, which is not acceptable behavior on the platform.

To answer your questions:

Xbox Live has a team of moderators who review reports and enforce the Code of Conduct. They do take context into consideration, but it's not always an easy task to assess the intent and tone of messages. The Code of Conduct prohibits the use of profanity, so it's possible that your use of the word **** was the reason for your suspension, even if it was in response to harassment.

Xbox Live's message to the player base is that everyone should be able to enjoy the platform without fear of harassment or abuse. The Code of Conduct sets the standards for behavior, and those who violate it can face consequences, including suspensions and bans. Spoiled and entitled attitudes are not acceptable, and neither is retaliation or further harassment.

as a player I can only inform you, support can give more details on the matter, and you can see them here:

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-us
  3. Jordan W 24 Win User

Someone called me homophobic slurs, got me banned, and is now harassing me

Do you click the message first? I have never had an option like that on my console and I cannot find anything online about this issue of not being able to report a message.
  4. Jordan W 24 Win User

The suspension ended about a week ago, it lasted 3 days. I'm not sure why this option doesn't appear. It doesn't pull up on any of my messages, it never has. It's so frustrating.
  5. Jordan W 24 Win User

I have reported it in Voice Communications at least 5 times. I was comms banned almost immediately after he sent "have fun being banned". This has been over a week now and his messages have not been removed like mine was, and he has had no repercussions. I'm not sure what else to do.

I have also been very specific about which messages he sent in my reports.
  6. Smwutches Win User

All you have to do is report and block. Then just let the enforcement team do their thing and not worry about it. You won't be told when an enforcement action is given to the other person and their messages may not be removed. So it's possible they could have already had a suspension for it or it's possible they're still being investigated and will still receive a suspension. Investigations can take time so not all actions are given immediately. Reporting them multiple times for the same thing won't make a difference either.
Thema:

1. Someone messaged me, harassed me, called me names. I don't really give a **** about that.... - Similar Threads - Someone messaged harassed

2. If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...: He used spaces to call me a porch monkey and n word how do i report this? Gt [mod removed] 9d82a3e2-2ba1-4e64-9bf2-638420a5312d
  3. If I send a message to someone and they don't have the Xbox app will it pop up for them...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I send a message to someone and they don't have the Xbox app will it pop up for them...: So I sent a message to someone that I know on Xbox app but I was just wondering if they don't have the Xbox app will it still pop up to them in some kind of way when they play a game that is...
  4. My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...: Son sent a bad word on xbox to another gamer on my account. I got a two day ban from live which I can accept. But have just recently noticed I've got removed from the ambassador program which I...
  5. Someone has messaged me after beating him at fifa saying he hopes my kid gets cancer so i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone has messaged me after beating him at fifa saying he hopes my kid gets cancer so i...: Ive been mesaaged saying i hope your kid gets cancer and im the one whos been banned how do i sort this out absolute joke 7ccfeab3-e53d-403c-b4dd-542faf9e71e8
  6. May someone help me with a deleted message?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    May someone help me with a deleted message?: Hello, I accidentally deleted all of my messages with my friend and I’m panicking because those messages really mean alot to me and I really want to get them all restored! Thank you!...
  7. My account was banned because someone logged into my account and spam reported messages...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was banned because someone logged into my account and spam reported messages...: What will I do-? They spammed over 20 messages of hate and blatant malice to their main account to get back at me for something, and I have attempted to appeal the enforcement's which will last...
  8. Why is it that Microsoft will not ban someone harassing me but bans my friend for messaging...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that Microsoft will not ban someone harassing me but bans my friend for messaging...: I have someone on Xbox that is constantly messaging me outta the blue calling me names an bullying me an harassing me and Microsoft isn't doing anything. I have reported him multiple times already...
  9. So I received a 8 day ban for messaging someone about their gamertag on Xbox his Gamertag...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I received a 8 day ban for messaging someone about their gamertag on Xbox his Gamertag...: I received a 8 day ban for messaging a Xbox Live user asking why his friend and him repeatedly held me and my teammates in spawn on HALO, not giving us a chance to defend ourselves the Gamertag of...
  10. If someone deletes an Xbox message can it be recovered?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If someone deletes an Xbox message can it be recovered?: Recently someone I was messaging on Xbox sent a message and I was greeted with ‘This message was deleted’ is there any way this message can be recovered? a532bd00-0232-489a-8e34-489b04c43165