Someone is harassing me by reporting my LFG posts. How do I report this to Microsoft?

Discus and support Someone is harassing me by reporting my LFG posts. How do I report this to Microsoft? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I keep getting suspended for my Looking For Group posts. They're completely innocuous. Here are the posts I got suspended for: "LTM | I'm Valk, ex... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cheater00, Dec 8, 2022.

1. cheater00
    cheater00 Guest

Someone is harassing me by reporting my LFG posts. How do I report this to Microsoft?

I keep getting suspended for my Looking For Group posts. They're completely innocuous. Here are the posts I got suspended for:

"LTM | I'm Valk, ex Pred | req: 6000 kllls on ONE legend, good mic, 16 or older"

"Pubstomping | I'm Valk, ex Pred, 150 days played | req: 4000 kllls on ONE legend, good mic, 16 or older" (two times)

Those are super old posts as well - I haven't used the "pubstomping" one for at least several months now. BTW, if you're asking yourself what LTM means, it means "Limited Time Mode".

I'm fairly sure someone followed me and they are harassing me by reporting my posts every time they see me post an LFG. There is no way to appeal these, because they're always too short to appeal (2 days), but I can't play ranked games at all because of this, because ranked messages require voice chat to be an effective team mate and I can't do voice chat while those "enforcement actions" are happening. I only have my Xbox to play ranked games, so what am I supposed to do?

How do I contact the Xbox team about this? It's some new form of harassment people figured out that Xbox haven't thought of.

:)

cheater00, Dec 8, 2022
  2. cheater00 Win User

It's really disheartening that this sort of harassment is possible on Xbox, I bought into the ecosystem years ago specifically to escape harassment and similar, because Xbox seemed to be the safer, more user-friendly alternative
  3. LaurenAka Jerz Win User

They have no team that even looks at these it’s automatic and apparently we should just switch to PlayStation
  4. cheater00 Win User

Hello!

I have been able to clear things up by indirectly reaching the Enforcement team. Here's what I did:

0. First try to rectify things through Xbox Support, eg on the Twitter account XboxSupport. They'll tell you that they can't change Enforcement actions or contact Enforcement, but talk to them anyways, just to be able to show that you tried.

1. Go to Google and search for "Microsoft <my country or state>", in my case "Microsoft Austria"

2. Call the phone number that pops up.

3. Ask the receptionist what the email is to reach the Legal Department. Specifically tell them that this is the exact department that handles stuff such as letters from court, summonses, etc. This is the department that hires lawyers and law experts who work for Microsoft. It might also be called the Escalations Department.

4. Have a lawyer write them a letter outlining the issue in detail, with all the dates, how things happened, screenshots of everything, etc. It won't cost a lot. I've been dealing with a lot of legal stuff for a while now, so I know how to write a legal letter myself. Make sure that your message is polite and make sure you're not wasting anyone's time by pretending you don't know why you got banned. If you are a minor, do not write this letter. Talk to your parents and ask them to do this for you. If you are an adult, it might make sense to talk to someone else to see how they see the situation, so you gain some perspective. Do not waste people's time! If you've been swearing in your posts, boosting, selling accounts, selling badges, recruiting to your discord, posting links, etc, just take the L and be good with it, you most likely deserved the ban.

5. The receptionist might send your letter over to somewhere like, say, Microsoft Azure Support. If that happens, call again, and politely ask for the letter to be sent to the Legal Department or Escalations instead.

6. Someone from Microsoft will probably contact you. Calmly explain everything in detail, stating every little fact that might be non-obvious to a lawyer who isn't used to using Xbox.

So, in fact, it is possible to contact the Enforcement team, even if indirectly.

I am currently talking to the Microsoft Representative about possible ways of improving the Enforcement system so that it's not so easy to abuse. Currently anyone can bully anyone just by repeatedly reporting their LFG posts.
  5. cheater00 Win User

Yeah that's the baked reply but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a solution, I'm not looking for "sorry, there's no solution to people bullying you on Xbox, Xbox is just going to let it happen forever". There has to be a solution and we need to figure this out as a community. It can't be true that the Xbox enforcement team is just some nameless impenetrable monolith that will allow abusing their systems for bullying forever.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, not in my case, when a Microsoft employee responds to a thread his designation appears in the community.

And unfortunately when it comes to your case, only Enforcement can help you if an appeal is available.
Thema:

1. Someone is harassing me by reporting my LFG posts. How do I report this to Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Someone harassing reporting

2. can someone help me with my xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can someone help me with my xbox one s?: my xbox one s turns on, but doesn’t display anything to my tv, controllers can’t connect and my xbox turns off after about 20 seconds, i’ve tried hard resetting it but that doesn’t work either, it...
  3. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  4. Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?

in XBoX on Windows
    Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?: I keep getting an email notification that credentials are needed to sign into my account . I have checked my sign in activity and someone in China is trying to continuously log in to my account....
  5. Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?: I have problems with the controls on my Xbox. After I open a game I see on the controls tester app that the controls are bugged "Spongy". I see it mainly on the analog sticks, before I start a...
  6. Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?: A friend on Xbox keeps reporting my account that ends up getting comms banned then his reasoning is that I "just deserve it" he keeps saying I'm for the streets, and many worse things but I know...
  7. How come I can’t show photographic proof of someone harassing me on Xbox so I can report them

in XBoX Accessibility
    How come I can’t show photographic proof of someone harassing me on Xbox so I can report them: I got suspended for exposing a guy for being homophobic and being weird to a minor (me). I called him homophobic and now I get suspended? He made many homophobic marks towards the lgbtq+ community...
  8. Why is it that Microsoft will not ban someone harassing me but bans my friend for messaging...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that Microsoft will not ban someone harassing me but bans my friend for messaging...: I have someone on Xbox that is constantly messaging me outta the blue calling me names an bullying me an harassing me and Microsoft isn't doing anything. I have reported him multiple times already...
  9. I got a suspension after continued harassment after reporting someone else

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got a suspension after continued harassment after reporting someone else: I received harassing messages reported them sent one back defending myself from the defamation and threatening of both hack and physical harm and I get a suspension why is this this is now the...
  10. Why is it when someone team kills you and harasses you yet when you chat back your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it when someone team kills you and harasses you yet when you chat back your...: Hi today i got susbended for speaking my mind and calling a australian person a [mod removed] yet when he calls me that he gets away with it yet when him and his friend team kill me they get to...