Someone is game sharing with me but game-pass is not working and they have an active...

Discus and support Someone is game sharing with me but game-pass is not working and they have an active... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My gamepass ultimate subscription just ran out and someone I know is game sharing game pass ultimate with me and their subscription is currently... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ElontaeByrd, Jan 28, 2023.

1. ElontaeByrd
    ElontaeByrd Guest

Someone is game sharing with me but game-pass is not working and they have an active...

My gamepass ultimate subscription just ran out and someone I know is game sharing game pass ultimate with me and their subscription is currently active. I just checked and game pass is not working for me even though we are game sharing. How do I fix this problem?

:)

ElontaeByrd, Jan 28, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

My Xbox one dosent have cloud

Does the account you're trying to play with have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription?

I'm fairly sure that the account has to have its own sub for it to work, so you can't be sharing someone else's Ultimate sub.

Maybe that's the problem.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Someone is game sharing with me but game-pass is not working and they have an active ultimate subscription. How do I fix this?

Hi there! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Let's first try to refresh your account on your console by re-adding it and power cycling your console.

Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address linked with your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.
  4. Francia J. Win User

My DLC doesn’t work

Do you have the active Xbox game pass on your account or you're game sharing?
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

About the games i own and downloaded to my xbox

One way this would have worked is if you have the Game pass Ultimate or game pass basic subscription and those games were a part of one of these subscriptions services and then they took those games away from the subscription services.

The only other way that this would have worked is if someone that did own the game digitally has your Xbox console set as that accounts home console and you were game sharing with that person and then they are no longer game sharing with you.
  6. MarvinaPerez Win User

Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but just no live multi player... making me crazy I don't understand the ussue

Hello InkBoxTatto,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through yes, multiplayer may not work with shared play.

Game sharing is a feature that allows members of a family to share their games and subscriptions with other family members. However, live multiplayer is not included in the shared game.

To play live multiplayer, the family member signing into the game must have an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

In this case, the person sharing games with you may not have an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. If so, you will not be able to play live multiplayer.

To check if the person you're sharing games with has an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you can ask them to go to Settings > Account > Subscriptions.

If the person you're sharing games with has an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, but you still can't play live multiplayer, there may be another issue.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...etwork/xbox-one-multiplayer-connection-errors

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
Thema:

1. Someone is game sharing with me but game-pass is not working and they have an active... - Similar Threads - Someone game sharing

2. Can someone help with this game-breaking issue? (Assetto Corsa Logitech G29)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help with this game-breaking issue? (Assetto Corsa Logitech G29): Hi, I have an issue that literally just started occurring yesterday on my G29 in Assetto Corsa, which my G29 has been working fine and well on for about 5 months now. Basically, suddenly my force...
  3. How do I get in contact with someone about a refund for a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in contact with someone about a refund for a game?: In January I sent in a refund request the day my kid bought a game by accident and the refund requests says it was approved that day, but it's now March and I still haven't received the refund. I...
  4. How do you report someone for cheating in a game when that option is not available in XBOX...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you report someone for cheating in a game when that option is not available in XBOX...: I constantly run in to cheaters playing Forza Horizon 5 especially playing in the Eliminator. I don't always have my games recording or take a screenshot and this happens often enough it's a waste...
  5. Can someone guide me through the installation of Xbox on a pc to play games online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone guide me through the installation of Xbox on a pc to play games online?: Need help to understand if Xbox can be played on a pc in order to play online. I am trying to install and received a message that it is not applicable for my Region. I live in Puerto Rico and will...
  6. Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core: I been wanting to pay less for game pass but I’m wondering if I can still play online if the person that’s game sharing me has game pass core because it says (online console multiplayer) like does...
  7. I gifted someone a game but they didnt get it and I cant refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted someone a game but they didnt get it and I cant refund: I gifted jedi survivor to him on the 25th and it's the 28th and he doesnt have it and I cant refund 397e774c-7603-488c-9c94-85da2d17e7b1
  8. Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...: Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game has....what could be the prbl! Thanks for the answers! b4ae914d-ce64-42ab-9fb6-e9f1c9e0c8e8
  9. How do I stop game sharing with someone when I have no switches left

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop game sharing with someone when I have no switches left: I would rlly appreciate if u gave me one more switch to stop game sharing 862a8793-f2b0-4f1a-9515-7cfc880e8d13
  10. Can some one who is being game shared with game share someone else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can some one who is being game shared with game share someone else?: If I game share with my friend can they game share with someone else? fcd21707-1ced-4eff-b562-8c9439c201fd