Someone changed my gamertag

Discus and support Someone changed my gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I logged onto my xbox and was surprised to see that my gamertag had changed from my original “volantunicorn65” (this was a randomly chosen name) i was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ruperttboston, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Someone changed my gamertag

I logged onto my xbox and was surprised to see that my gamertag had changed from my original “volantunicorn65” (this was a randomly chosen name)

i was charge the fee for changing the name even though i did not change it and now i cannot change my name back to what it was without spending £6.

:)

ruperttboston, Apr 21, 2020
  2. An Xbox Dude Win User

Someone changed my Gamertag

3. AridLizard Win User

if someone changed your gamertag, and there was a charge for this, then you will want to go to https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/compromised-account-solution
    and follow through the guide to protect your account.

you can check your purchase history to see when this was done
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

you can also check for unrecognised/unauthorised sign in activity by going to https://account.microsoft.com/security/

you can also contact support by clicking the Contact Us button on the Compromised Account Solution page then select
    Subscriptions and billing as the category and I don't recognise a charge as the topic. click Next then skip the covid 19 notification and scroll to the bottom of the contact options to either Chat Online or Request a Call.

if your account has been compromised then you might want to create a new Outlook/Live email account to contact Support as a security measure.
  4. fT Foul Play Win User

unfortunately i was also damaged by this, GT:[GT Removed] , i was on the GT:
    [GT Removed] , sent me the info for this account telling me that it was hers and she had to clear her hard drive so i recover this account thinking yayyyy free account.. turns out it is locked and now 1.5 weeks l8r i am console banned, not blaming you,
    just begging the support team to check out [GT Removed] see if she is responsible
  5. Lead-ED2866C6-AF5A-4 Win User

How do i delete this post problem solved.
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

Hey mate, it's not that we're not 'giving' the tag back as much as it is that it's locked up in the system. The investigation team provided you points to change your account, but I don't believe they're at liberty to say what GTs are available. It sounds
    like you will need to create a new one, unfortunately.
Thema:

1. Someone changed my gamertag - Similar Threads - Someone changed gamertag

2. someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name: Some spy broke into my computer and changed the name of my Minecraft Java account, I can't revert it or change it again (because of the 30 days), it's a rare name, and I can't contact support on...
  3. Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username: I need help getting my old account back e44e9be3-9bfb-4b55-9f39-3211b73f93d3
  4. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  5. My xbox account got deleted and hacked someone changed every thing. Is there a way u can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox account got deleted and hacked someone changed every thing. Is there a way u can't...: [mod removed] My account was hacked someone changed the email and password I can't get a way to get it back because I don't got the email with the account. fd62634f-57b4-46be-8388-66854dd987e5
  6. Someone hacked my real profile and changed e-mail (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone hacked my real profile and changed e-mail (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is my profile and some one hacked it and changed email and password so i can not login on other forums...
  7. someone logged into my account and changed the username on it and i want to revert it back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone logged into my account and changed the username on it and i want to revert it back...: its literally as simple as that f8f77ecd-33d8-4cc1-9dcb-24716b589d73
  8. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users: I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but...
  9. How to change the email when someone has hacker your account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the email when someone has hacker your account: How do I fix this when someone has hacked my account? a728d5dc-767e-4d5e-bf1b-95eb2023d385
  10. I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just attempted to change my gamertag but was given the wrong tag. Can someone help me...: The old Gamertag: 26; what i changed it to; ; the tag i got: 8645. Please Help! 07bce97f-09fc-4b47-bd1c-4aa0496f5cf1