Somebody used my free gamertag change without my knowledge.

Discus and support Somebody used my free gamertag change without my knowledge. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was trying to play Minecraft when it told me to pick a username even though I already had done before, but then I noticed my gamertag in the top left... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bloss0m YT, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Bloss0m YT
    Bloss0m YT Guest

I was trying to play Minecraft when it told me to pick a username even though I already had done before, but then I noticed my gamertag in the top left corner. It was different, so I tried to change it back to what the one I created was called. It told me that I must pay money to change it, which was strange as I hadn't used up my free name change yet. Also, why can't we at least get a free name change every 90 days or so but if you want to change it earlier then you have to pay?

:)

Bloss0m YT, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If it's asking you to pay for the Gamertag change it means that the system detects that the Gamertag has been changed previously. Even if it's not changed by you, succeeding changes will require us to pay for the Gamertag.

According to Xbox: "Your first Gamertag change is free, regardless of how many changes you made before the update in the past. Subsequent changes are the same as before ($9.99 USD)."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. Thunderbleed Win User

Gametag Recovery

I have not used the Free gamertag change for the first time and its now even an options for me to even select it, that is the issue here.
    All im asking is for that Free gamertag change option or just get my gamer tag back to "" and not this "Thundebleed" name that somehow happened without my knowledge.
  4. Ducesmofuxaz Win User

Gamertag changed without my knowledge

I have a banned account from a homie playing on it. I didn't say it was my fault for being banned, stop assuming. Not my first rodeo dealing with that though. I don't really care what you say ngocphi. You strike me as a uptight goody two shoes that does
    no wrong. I wish I was as perfect as you kid. Like said, a gamertag does not define who or how someone plays. I play fair and treat those as i'd like to be treated. So find someone else who you can judge and make assumptions about. Now how do you all know
    who support can and can't contact. What they can do and what they can not do? Do you work there? Likely not. You call, message, etc and they are there to help you. Hence support. They are there to help. I'm sure they have numbers or someway to get ahold of
    anyone in the connected network involved with working within xbox live. Last, I have been reported on several occasions for no reason as some kids just want to create problems for you and your account. Other Words you don't have to always be doing something
    "wrong" to be reported. Take Halo 4 for instance. You can report someone for no reason whatsoever.
  5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

The real problem is that people seem to love the shock value, or think its funny, or whatever, to register with a name that offends people. LIVE is a family service. Kids play on it. This is why your name must be rated G for everybody. I guess I just don't
    understand why people like offensive names in the first place.
  6. ngocphi Win User

With such shaddy past are you sure you ain't hiding words like racists behind something

Pretty sure they cannot override pet

Nor can they make calls to pet

Fyi multiple violations cha lead to further punishment

Maybe you should focus on playing fair rather then cheating the system it gets you farther
Thema:

1. Somebody used my free gamertag change without my knowledge. - Similar Threads - Somebody used free

2. Somebody help me figure out why I got banned?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Somebody help me figure out why I got banned?: I was just playing Fortnite with my friend and then suddenly I got a message saying I got a suspension and I did not do anything please help me explain why I got a suspension...
  3. can somebody help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can somebody help?: I turned on my xbox and the screen was just negativ colors, i tried fixing it in the settings and i really dont know how to fix this i didnt mess with any settings before this happened...
  4. Somebody trying to get in my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somebody trying to get in my account: Hello I am trying to change my number to 267-892-4004 somebody is in my account changing all my personal information 248c0957-5a9a-432a-aed2-d776f7caac53
  5. Somebody has botted my friend and I with a bunch of followers and we are both worried and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somebody has botted my friend and I with a bunch of followers and we are both worried and...: A random from our game joined our party and send over 5000 bots to both mine and my friends account at the time of writing this we are both concerned about getting a ban from our account for...
  6. Does somebody knows what cant i connect to apex?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does somebody knows what cant i connect to apex?: I cant play Apex on my Xbox Series S, i can play all the other games but i cant play Apex, it says unable to connect c43a8be7-0d49-4126-8a4b-e12a61d5c034
  7. Somebody is playing on my minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somebody is playing on my minecraft account: Hello, since today i noticed my account was active in my minecraft server that i share with friends and that "person" which is using my account puts himself in spectator mode to stalk my friends...
  8. Somebody hacked my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somebody hacked my account.: Early this morning I got a email saying my account email was changed to :*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. I never made this change. When I log onto my xbox one,...
  9. Somebody else sign in my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somebody else sign in my account: I bought. A gamepass switch account but some body else signed up in my account e1fc9a8c-9b19-43f4-8004-4578db86faf7
  10. Somebody is using botted followers to get my account banned.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Somebody is using botted followers to get my account banned.: Hey xbox, i believe someone is using bot followers to try to get my account banned. Can I remove followers? (I now have over 8,000 followers because of somebody botting my account and I have no...