some Xbox 1 games saying I don't own them after reseting and keeping games and apps

Discus and support some Xbox 1 games saying I don't own them after reseting and keeping games and apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On Xbox 1. Several games said that I needed to restart to solve a problem (with no problem code). A restart didn't help so I used the * reset and keep... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scott Davis_2423, May 31, 2023.

1. some Xbox 1 games saying I don't own them after reseting and keeping games and apps

On Xbox 1. Several games said that I needed to restart to solve a problem (with no problem code). A restart didn't help so I used the * reset and keep games and apps* button. After setting everything back up and logging back into the same account, those same games and some that were working before now say that I don't own them(do you own this game or app. Insert the disk or sign in with the right account if bought online) popup.

The store shows I don't own them, but they are in my games list but not the* full library* tab. I know I bought them with this account several years ago. restarting/removing my account from the console and then re-adding it didn't do anything. Neither did uninstalling one of those games (it's just gone now). any help would be appreciated. thanks

:)

Scott Davis_2423, May 31, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

some Xbox 1 games saying I don't own them after reseting and keeping games and apps

Yes they would. It's pretty much the same concept as when an account gets permanently banned. Even though the account doesn't exist anymore the games that were purchased on it can still be used on that console until the console no longer works or is reset.
  3. Scott Davis_2423 Win User

Onyx,

on that page, it only shows one bundle and a package I never ordered. But other games still work on the console despite not being on the order history. (timeframe set to all. available view to all) there has only been one account on this console in 2 years and the other account from back then has been closed. I am logged back into the same account as before the reset and some games still work despite not showing up in the purchase history. Thank you, Scott,
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Glad to help. Have a good day.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Thanks for the info. You say the other account from back then was closed. If it was used on the console then it's possible that it was set as Home before the account was closed. If that's the case then I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done to recover the games except for purchasing them on the new account.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Scott, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your games.

I do apologize but if the games are not showing as purchased at https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders then I'm afraid they may have been owned on a different account via game share.

You would need to find the account that owned the games and then add it as Home on the console again.
Thema:

1. some Xbox 1 games saying I don't own them after reseting and keeping games and apps - Similar Threads - games saying don't

2. Minecraft is saying I don't own the full game when I do. Can I have some help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft is saying I don't own the full game when I do. Can I have some help: I have tried Reinstalling minecraft Repairing the luancher Reseting the store Following the promts(cannot rebuy the starter or master) Microsoft store says I own it as well...
  3. I bought ea fc24 and I can't play it because it says that I don't own this game. can you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought ea fc24 and I can't play it because it says that I don't own this game. can you...: I bought ea fc24 and I can't play it because it says that I don't own this game. can you help me with this? 1dc0f7a4-72d9-4b3d-94f3-16792f21bd65
  4. I'm trying to send my partner a 14 day trial of PC Game Pass, but it says I don't have a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to send my partner a 14 day trial of PC Game Pass, but it says I don't have a...: Hi, It says on my Xbox app I can send five 14 day trials for PC Game Pass to friends, so I thought I'd send one to my partner. I logged in and it states "Sorry, this offer is only available to...
  5. Minecraft launcher is saying I don't own the game but I found the receipt in my email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft launcher is saying I don't own the game but I found the receipt in my email: I wanted to play minecraft again and I figured out how to get the new launcher working but now it says I don't own the Java edition. I went in my email and found the receipt from when I bought it...
  6. Im trying to download a game on Xbox and it says installation detenida and I don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im trying to download a game on Xbox and it says installation detenida and I don't...: Can't download a game on Xbox “instalation detenida” d479a2b9-4c22-464e-ad3e-9ff76cb7592f
  7. I bought two games, I redeemed and when on Microsoft store says I don't own the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought two games, I redeemed and when on Microsoft store says I don't own the games: I bought two games, Minecraft Legends and Minecraft Dunegons Ultimate Edition. I redeemed the code on the microsoft website, I was signed in. When I went to the microsoft store to install it, It...
  8. It says that I don't own the game. not so separately in the xbox store but I've been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It says that I don't own the game. not so separately in the xbox store but I've been...: It says that I don't own the game. not so separately in the xbox store but I've been playing it with no problem and all my buddies still play the game 989de015-ef47-4b87-a279-d66587a9488a
  9. Game Pass for PC says I don't have enough free space when I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass for PC says I don't have enough free space when I do: I'm trying to install the Master Chief Collection- it says I need 137gb free. I have 251gb free on my C: drive, so I set it to install there. [img] It'll really quickly install a few small...
  10. Why does it say that I don't own a game that I have already bought?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say that I don't own a game that I have already bought?: I own Minecraft on my Microsoft account and have played it many times, but now it suddenly says "buy now". When I open the game, it says that I am not signed into the store with the same account...