Some tips for the Xbox console system

Discus and support Some tips for the Xbox console system in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; 1.- Interface Design. I have always preferred the minimalist design to the pretty one that eats up system resources. And let's be clear: the resources... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EleazarESP, Jun 30, 2022.

1. EleazarESP
    EleazarESP Guest

1.- Interface Design. I have always preferred the minimalist design to the pretty one that eats up system resources. And let's be clear: the resources on a console system are never enough to satisfy all needs. We must not lose our way, video game consoles are for playing games and running applications (a novel use in recent generations –Netflix, Disney+, HBO, etc.-). Everything that is not strictly this must be optional and not exist at the cost of consuming more system resources that will affect the execution of games/applications. I mean that when you start the console the only thing that should appear directly is the list of installed games/applications and somewhere the options to go to the complete library, configuration and everything that is not exclusively the simple list of games. I have come to see in my home interface a banner advertising a game, another suggesting an Xbox Game Pass game and another in which I informed what my friends were playing, they are exactly the contents that I consider totally expendable and optional ones that consume unnecessary resources and take away from the minimalist experience of what an interface should be. We could also discuss the drop-down menu option of the guide button and its pros and cons in resource consumption compared to other options, but I don't have specific consumption data for each functionality either. If you want to see examples, I think that the interface of the Nintendo Switch or the PS5 are fantastic examples of what a minimalist interface focused on consuming as few resources as possible should be like. I think that an option of a minimalist design for the Xbox interface should be worked on in the test rings and to be able to change from a current design to this minimalist and that users choose which one to use. They can try both options.

2.- The resource consumption of console applications. There are certain applications that do not work correctly due to the limitations they have to access all the system resources as the games themselves have. I am referring to these limitations in UWP powered apps https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/system-resource-allocation We all know that there are applications that are used simultaneously while playing (or can be) and others that are incompatible with running games (or should). In the first case, I am referring, for example, to applications such as Spotify that can be executed in a single way or to listen to music while we play a game. And the others are applications like Netflix that no one is going to watch a movie or series while playing a video game. Just as there are different uses of the various applications, and their respective consumption of resources, there should also be a difference in their execution. With all this, what I mean is that there should be two states of execution in the applications in the console that allow one of them to access all the available resources, both at the CPU, GPU and memory levels, and the other in limited running state as it currently is. Right now practically all applications are limited in the use of system resources and it may be the case that the user does not want to run a game while running certain applications and is interested in them working consuming all system resources for a correct execution. The system should allow these applications to run under “full privileges” if the user so wishes and the use of the application requires it. This has slowed down the arrival of many applications on the console and some that have arrived work unstable. Another assumption is the consumption of resources by the Edge browser. We live in the transition in which many of the applications are no longer desktop applications and become web applications, with browsers at the center of this movement. I think that Edge should optionally be able to run in a full console resource consumption mode to be able to run these types of applications taking advantage of all the system resources. Obviously while the applications are running in this mode it is not possible to simultaneously run games or other applications, and if they did, the system would close the application automatically as it currently does when running a second game while a previous one is running.
    I also believe that this new execution system that I propose can make much more versatile use of Quick Resume technology, being able to also include applications and that this transition between the execution of games and applications with total resource consumption privileges is transparent to the user.

3.- New hardware options. We all know that Microsoft is working on a device focused only on cloud gaming via streaming and that for the new generations of televisions it is possible to include an integrated application to be able to play in this way. This is all well and good, but Microsoft needs to be aware that there are still a lot of niche gamers who want to play on the go and an Xbox handheld with the huge catalog currently available on the Xbox platform would be fantastic. Clearly we all know that this is so because the sales of Nintendo Switch prove it, because Valve has also seen it with the Steam Deck and because Microsoft has tried to patch this lack by using mobile phones as if they were portable consoles with controls and supports. adapted. As an option, that's fine, but ideally, Microsoft would release its own portable console where gamers can bring our entire current Xbox library of consoles and PCs to this new device and continue our games while on the go or away from home.
    I know the fear of not selling enough is always there, but Microsoft is above simple console sales, it needs to keep opening up and keep giving gamers choice. Its ecosystem goes beyond being the leader in sales of portable consoles, it is to put new options on the table from where its community can enjoy its video games and clearly a portable console is a missing option. You don't need to release exclusive games for her, or become number one in sales. Simply what already exists to be able to reach this new option.

:)

EleazarESP, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

You're thinking of a PC and Windows, but the Xbox isn't a PC and it's not running Windows. The Xbox OS has resources set aside for the dashboard and apps. The dashboard and apps only have a set amount of system RAM and processor resources available, they can't use anymore and have to be developed within those limits. What this means in practice is no matter what the Xbox team set for the dashboard, it will have zero impact on games, current or future. This isn't a PC, it's bespoke hardware with finite capabilities that have literally been set 'in stone' by the Xbox hardware team.

I don't know much about the Switch, but I guess it's minimal OS is down to the fact that the console only has 4GB of RAM.

As for a mobile console, it's not like this could be released anytime soon. Valve were working for several years on their Steam Deck hardware before the recent release. If there isn't any mobile Xbox Series hardware now, it couldn't possibly exist until at last 2025 at the earliest. I doubt it will happen.
  3. Frankalore the Merci Win User

My Xbox One will not update

4. Frankalore the Merci Win User

Feb 20 update stuck at 92%

5. ngocphi Win User

Tips for a badly managed system with some evidence!

o yes I know that but read carefully(of what i said) they tell you "you broke this rule" they dont show how or any sort of chat logs why? also, I know I shouldn't have been banned but still was how do I know I shouldn't have been banned I stopped
    messaging people I don't go into game chat ever sooooo wtf
    Because you DONT get it

The previous ambassador had read your msg bit is trying to explain it to you

1st and foremost you will never be told what exact msg got you in trouble

For good reason

Retailiation is NOT allowed period

Simple enough for you?

This means it doesnt matter who startss the fight and what he said it is Not revelevant

They dont show you the evidence because they already know what you did and also they have to follow the same rules and cant repeat thr same violations

Also you can pinpoint who reported you and can take action against then which us not allowed

Only your actions and your actions allow affect your suspension

Reliatuling in anyway that violates the terms of use is not allowed period

Block ignore and report that is the only thing you are allowed to do

Any retailiation would be suspectible to the terms of use

Its not a flaw it is basic common sense

Just because theystarted it doesnt mean you can break the rules

If you told a police officer that others was speeding before me you know how fast you will be in cuffs

Before you finished the sentence

The justification doesnt justify the means
  6. Vrizox Win User

Tips for a badly managed system with some evidence!

Also, I get that you don't have the resources 2 help me but neither does the place you send me 2 because the place you send me 2 there is no one 2 talk 2 ;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD NICE SYSTEM LMAOOOO !!!!!!!!!!
Thema:

1. Some tips for the Xbox console system - Similar Threads - tips console system

2. Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account: Try to add my old profile to new Xbox but it tip coming up with create a account 64e5a294-990c-4528-ba4e-de44ff882756
  3. why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...: Ive tried restarting many time leaving it unpluged resetting my router tried to change Wi-Fi but won't load litterally nothing will c8345b9e-c211-4db2-bf87-e858508908bb
  4. High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?: I know what packet loss is, but I don't understand why only certain games I play are experiencing it, when it happens I do the network speed and stats test and it shows that I only have 1% packet...
  5. Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon: it happen last week when i went to turn on my console (XBOX ONE) my console only showed a black screen but i was able to bring up the side menu. I turned off my console and left it for a couple of...
  6. Just a random Fortnite tip that y'all probably know!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just a random Fortnite tip that y'all probably know!: If you have a tv, take clear tape and write "x" on it. With any gun, aim and put the tape where the cross is, then play a match to see if it gave you better aim! 3057a3c5-fa50-4380-9e10-e99686bf6ea5
  7. Any tips on how to make the hard drive play games or is this a lost cause?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any tips on how to make the hard drive play games or is this a lost cause?: I have an Xbox Series X and S and neither will play off of the WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive - WDBA3A0050BBK-WESN I just purchased. I have to transfer and switch out games basically and that kind of...
  8. Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks?: Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks out there? c4a5b716-a95e-4ab2-b04b-1d03e6554f05
  9. Tips for recovery form

in XBoX Accessibility
    Tips for recovery form: Any tips on how to fill out a recovery form I've done it around 100 times and microsoft support has told me to start from scratch 2k down the drain 2a21f9ba-da3d-4110-9fba-aeb806e4dfc6
  10. Any tips for error message on Farcry 4 for Co - Op and no maps found?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any tips for error message on Farcry 4 for Co - Op and no maps found?: I am trying to complete these last achievements for Farcry 4, but every time I try to join co / op it gives me some stupid error message saying “ can’t do this… because of your Xbox live privacy...