Some of the sound doesn't work

Discus and support Some of the sound doesn't work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The commentators on FIFA 14, some of the voice actors in Battlefield 4 dont work i cant hear any of them & the women from Forza 5 is very quiet I cant... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ASAP x CAL, Jan 5, 2014.

1. ASAP x CAL
    ASAP x CAL Guest

The commentators on FIFA 14, some of the voice actors in Battlefield 4 dont work i cant hear any of them & the women from Forza 5 is very quiet I cant even turn it up!

:)

ASAP x CAL, Jan 5, 2014
  2. HowMuch
    HowMuch Guest
    Game sound/chat works, Xbox One doesn't?

Hey,

Is the issue just when you just have headphones on all for normal speakers as well?

In the settings menu under Display & sound - Volume. Check what party chat output is set to.

Also in audio output double check the settings there.

HowMuch, Jan 5, 2014
  3. oldsch0oL
    oldsch0oL Guest
    Game sound/chat works, Xbox One doesn't?

Curious if anyone has had this issue...my headphones/mic work within a game using that game's group chat, but my party chat through Xbox One doesnt work. Also, my games output their sound to the TV, but the Xbox home menu does not. For example, the notification
    chimes for joining parties, getting achievements, and even the menu click when changing items are all gone, but in game sounds are fine. So I can hear a game fine, and within a game I can chat in group, but regular party chat doesnt work, either direction.

I havent resorted to a system reset, though that is still an option as it seems to be a software issue and not hardware. I've restarted my controller, Xbox, plugged, unplugged, muted, unmuted, etc. System settings haven't changed, no updates downloaded
    recently, no new games downloaded...nothing I can think of. Last resort is a system wipe and reinstall, though I'm hoping to avoid the hassle, so checking with the experts first.

Any thoughts?

oldsch0oL, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Mewfert
    Mewfert Guest

Try changing your console audio settings to "stereo uncompressed" if they are set to 7.1 HDMI. This worked for me. Only problem is it occasionally switches back to 7.1 one for no apparent reason.

Mewfert, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Microphone doesn't work and sounds works

have you followed the troubleshooting guide I shared?

Could you tell me the brand of your headphones, also if possible share a screenshot of your audio settings on the Pc
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi SamWonjaeLee! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

In the case of your wired earphones you should first check if your PC jack has built in both options, as commonly bthey use one jack for output and other for input

In the case of your wireless earbuds you should check on the soun settings that is the selected device for Mic input, if your jack allowed both input and output you should do the same with your wired one

You can try to troubleshoot this way

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...
  7. SamWonjaeLee Win User

Thank you for the response.

My wireless earbuds are Galaxy Buds and I've found that the compatibility with Windows is not great so I've given up on using those for now.

As for my wired earbuds, I know that they have a microphone with a 4 pole 3.5mm tip and I've checked that the jack I plugged in is used for both input and output.

But for some reason, the microphone for my wired earbuds do not work. I've noticed that the output and input sensitivity are the same whenever I play audio which I find odd.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

sound doesn't work xbox one

Hello Sharon,

Thanks for coming to the forums. When you talk about sound it doesn't work on the console completely? Or does it only work while on home screen but not in game? Can you provide a little more information. You can try a different HDMI cable, or HDMI port on
    the TV.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/troubleshoot-sound

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. SpeckledEagle Win User

What is the song in green run?

It doesn't sound like Lullably for a Deadman. It sounds like some 60's or 50's instrumental.
Thema:

1. Some of the sound doesn't work - Similar Threads - sound doesn't

2. My xbox doesn't have sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesn't have sound: My xbox sound worked just fine last night. I turn it on today, no sound at all. None of the apps, games, or the dashboard have sound. No welcome chime when I sign in. I used a new HDMI cable,...
  3. My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up or...: My xbox one s makes the beep sound when I press the power button but doesn't light up and doesn't turn on...what could be the problem? 17d3550c-4c16-4dc3-9abe-f24d0af439e0
  4. Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play: A few days ago, I was watching some titles on Prime Video and I noticed that the lines were muted. I thought it was an error by Prime Video itself, but then this same error occurred with two...
  5. My Xbox series X doesn't Have sound

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series X doesn't Have sound: My headphones sound does work but the sound on my TV when using my Xbox series X suddenly stopped working 3 days ago. It had worked for the 3 weeks before when I bought it. The sharp TV's sound...
  6. Game Bar doesn't stay on in Settings/Achievements for Xbox app playing sound, but not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar doesn't stay on in Settings/Achievements for Xbox app playing sound, but not...: As the topic says... I've tried repairing and resetting through the Apps & Features. I've tried going through PowerShell to remove the Xbox suite and having them reinstall, gone through RegEdit...
  7. Sound doesn't work in Menu, apps (except games) on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound doesn't work in Menu, apps (except games) on Xbox One: I have trouble with sound on my Xbox one x. It works only in games. In menu or apps like Spotify, it doesn't work. But Spotify works in background while I'm playing. If I turn the game off, sound...
  8. My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected: I have a Razer Barracuda X which comes with a microphone. In the first day of using it I had both the sound and mic working but the next the mic started causing my headset to stop playing sound....
  9. Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if...: When I watch an online video through Edge and want to record the screen, via Windows logo key + ALT + R, it only records the image, not the sound. When I play the same video through Firefox, both...
  10. Why doesn't headphone mode switch based on sound input format?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't headphone mode switch based on sound input format?: Dolby Laboratories says Dolby headphone app works best with Dolby encoded movies on DVD, Blu-ray. 3d and 4k discs. They do not want to bother trying to decode DTS movies or lpcm movies. Same with...