Some games open Gameservices on app store and refuse to boot

Discus and support Some games open Gameservices on app store and refuse to boot in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello, so some games since yesterday do not work anymore. when i open them this appears and the game refuses to boot. maybe it might have been because... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tyg3rr, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Tyg3rr
    Tyg3rr Guest

hello, so some games since yesterday do not work anymore. when i open them this appears and the game refuses to boot. maybe it might have been because i deleted the gamingroot.dll that somehow ended up on my D: drive? anyhow, it's quite annoying, and it only does this to some of my games:

-Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

-The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

just to say, i have tried reinstalling gameservices and followed the guide on the official Xbox support site, to no evail.

also i seem to not be able to download some games, and maybe this has to do with that?

I really do not want to reinstall windows as i have a lot of applications that i require to use daily, so does anyone have some advice? thank you very much!

Some games open Gameservices on app store and refuse to boot [​IMG]

:)

Tyg3rr, Mar 9, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Tyg3rr, archives. DLL are windows libraries or some program and should not be deleted or scrambled, what you can try is to check if your Windows has updates to be made, this same week came out an optional update, this can add again the files that are perhaps missing in the system.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and

make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed on your PC, it works in conjunction with the Xbox App.
  3. swikkiswokki Win User

ORI and the will of the wisps save game gone??

Many thanks to MarkusWojcik1 and Aeriqui, my complication with the game was solved. I'm not adding anything new here.

I ran Powershell as an admin and entered ''get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers'' to uninstall Gameservices.

After that, I opened the Xbox (Beta) app and it suggested me to install Gameservices, which I did.

Subsequently I ran Ori and the Will of the Wisps and everything was back in order.
  4. Sunil166 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 not starting on Windows 10( xbox launcher/ms-store | error code: 0x12c)

Forza cannot be opened anymore (the error popup window redirects to the ms-store which forza cannot be opened from either), and the xbox launcher won't launch. Microsoft Store looking for updates runs forever.

UPDATE:
    I reinstalled Xbox GameServices and now the game starts again with the error code 0x12c as before
  5. NadirKhanSa Win User

Stardew Valley does not launch after installation

Hi Christopher,

I managed to remove the Gaming Services by running the following command (in admin mode)

"get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage"

(this did not include the -allusers switch)

After removing the service, I ran the Xbox app, which came up with a blue banner prompting the reinstalling GameServices. (Restarted the pc)

After it appears it has been reinstalled, trying to launch the game I am now redirected to the GameServices store page.
  6. Sjonnick Win User

if i open forza horizon 5 i get send to the microsoft store at game services

I did everything what you said and i still get send to the gameservices microsoft store page when i open forza horizon 5 and only forza horizon 5
Thema:

1. Some games open Gameservices on app store and refuse to boot - Similar Threads - games open Gameservices

2. Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps disconnecting from tv when opening hdr games?: Just went out and bought a 120hz 4k tv with the purpose for gaming, but EVERY game i open immediately forces my tv to say “lost signal” but then i can hit the home button and go back and it...
  3. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  4. I can't open xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open xbox game bar: I am having trouble opening xbox game bar I have tried every method but nothing is working it happened after the recent update if u can help me thank you! It is showing this message sometimes when...
  5. Please help, can't open any games

in XboX Insiders
    Please help, can't open any games: Hi everyone, So my Xbox isn't loading any games.. been doing it for 2 weeks so I did a full reset and all was good... Until 2 days later.. I lost my cool because I can't open anything once again....
  6. Can't open game bar through the shortcut.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open game bar through the shortcut.: The shortcut doesn't work. If I restart my pc, it works again for a while but then stops working. Also, I can't change the settings for game bar shortcuts, as soon as I close the tab and reopen it...
  7. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it: I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine...
  8. I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.: For some reason my 7 (maybe) year old Xbox one won’t start up apps or games saying “for some reason [x] took too long to open”. I tried power restarting it (I think that was the name for it) I...
  9. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  10. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...