Some Games on Xbox PC App Won't Update with 0x80070020

Discus and support Some Games on Xbox PC App Won't Update with 0x80070020 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The full text of the error is, "You can't change your default install location while that folder is in use." The thing is, I'm not. The game is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SkipDialogue, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Some Games on Xbox PC App Won't Update with 0x80070020

The full text of the error is, "You can't change your default install location while that folder is in use." The thing is, I'm not. The game is installed on a data drive separate from the OS drive. Some games will update, but some, like Grounded and Solasta, will not. This is a pretty constant thing with the Xbox app and the fix is usually just to wait until Microsoft get it together and fix something.

Things I've tried:

• Resetting/Repairing the Microsoft store
    • Resetting/Repairing the Xbox app
    • Resetting/Repairing the games
    • Rebooting
    • Running PowerShell commands to reset the Microsoft store
    • Making sure .GamingRoot is at the root of my data drive

Not really sure what to do at this point. I'm in the Windows Gaming External Delta ring.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/SkipDialogue
    [link] [comments]

/u/SkipDialogue, Dec 9, 2022
  2. Belle B Win User

Purchased Minecraft for PC and now it will not launch without paying for Live

Hi Robert

Sorry to hear about that, however, please note that gold isn't required if you play on PC.

Thus, you would just need to ensure that you're signed in on the Microsoft store app and Xbox app using the account that you used to buy the game.

If it still won't work, try to check if there are pending updates on your PC. This includes optional updates as well.

Go to your PC Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates

If it has, check your Microsoft store app > Library > Get Updates and ensure that your apps are up to date.

If it still won't work, try to repair your Xbox app, Gaming Services app and Microsoft store app, by going to your PC settings > Apps > Installed apps > click the 3 dots > Advance options > Repair and do this to the other apps I've listed > Restart your PC.
  3. ChristopherMican Win User

Apps not working after latest update

Another update, while my IP won't be out here until Thursday, I had a PC update and now my Microsoft Store won't download apps there either. So it seems to be the Microsoft Store on both Xbox and PC.
  4. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Minecraft PC and Nintendo Switch cross-play

Try see if in your Xbox App on PC have some Update to do or the Game in PC and Nintendo Switch is the same version
  5. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Xbox(beta) folder deleted

Hi,

Have you checked for any new windows 10 updates sometimes it's required to have your pc up to date or some apps won't work properly
  6. Arminator Win User

xbox

The thing is, that you can't "easily" uninstall the Xbox Apps.

Also, since there are several system internal tools like the Game Bar that is deeply integrated in the system relying on the Xbox app, I would NOT recommend uninstalling it, as this might possibly cause issues with future Windows Updates, if you "hack" the
    apps from your system through power shell commands and the likes.

Is there a specific reason, why you would want the Xbox Apps gone? Usually, if you disable the live tile from the Xbox App, and remove the app from the start menu, it won't take any system resources, and won't affect your PC.

So unless you have a very good reason for not having the app on your PC, I would just remove it from the start menu, and just forget that the app exists on the PC.

Simply having an unused app hidden deep down the start menu is much better, than having a Windows Update that fails for some unexplainable reason.
Thema:

Some Games on Xbox PC App Won't Update with 0x80070020

1. Some Games on Xbox PC App Won't Update with 0x80070020 - Similar Threads - Games App Won't

2. The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D

in XBoX on Windows
    The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D: I tried going into install options and switching the default drive from C to D but it just switches back to C after clicking it. So whenever I download a game and choose drive D the error...
  3. My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.: So I've been having a lot o trouble with my Xbox app on PC. When my friends try to invite me to their party or game I don't receive any notification, nor invitation, to the Xbox app on my PC,...
  4. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  5. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  6. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  7. Won't let me format for games and apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me format for games and apps: I have a Seagate game drive for 2 terabytes that is cleaned of everything but it doesn't want to connect to my xbox for formating games and apps it works perfectly fine for media but not the...
  8. Xbox app games won't download, but same Xbox games on steam downloads just fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app games won't download, but same Xbox games on steam downloads just fine: Why does the Xbox app not let me download games like Halo on certain harddrives, but on steam it's completely fine downloading the same exact game? Why can you just make Xbox stuff work on the PC...
  9. "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away: I keep getting this message everytime I open a game on my Xbox Series X I've deleted games and deleted save data but nothing has fixed it 8018d693-54ac-4bd2-9175-3a80a7444e12
  10. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...