Some games not showing on microsoft store or XBOX app on PC.

Discus and support Some games not showing on microsoft store or XBOX app on PC. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, So for a good while Ive had this problem with XBOX app and microsoft store where some of the games that are supposed to be available on those... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tommi moilanen1, May 28, 2023.

1. Some games not showing on microsoft store or XBOX app on PC.

Hello,

So for a good while Ive had this problem with XBOX app and microsoft store where some of the games that are supposed to be available on those wont show when I search for them. Only way I have ''access'' to them is when I go to xbox store via browser and when I press the button ''Install to'' it opens the xbox app and shows the game as ''Not available''

Tried troubleshooting (For xbox app, microsoft store and the gaming services) by repairing the apps and even deleteing the data. Didnt help.

Kinda salty to pay for xbox ultimate pass and not have access to most of the games that its supposed to provide.

Versions of the apps

Windows 11 home version: 10.0.22621

Gaming services: 12.77.3001.0

Microsoft store: 22303.1401.7.0

Xbox: 2304.1001.15.0

:)

tommi moilanen1, May 28, 2023
  2. tommi moilanen1 Win User

Hello again,

Got some good news because the xbox app works now again! The problem wasnt the app or drivers themselves.

So I was thinking, why does the app show some games and not all of them? Why was I able to open the games via the website but they showed as ''not available'' so I thought if that ''not available'' doesnt mean my pc is not compatible then the one option could be that some of the games are country banned! But we dont have things like that in Finland so I went to,

Settings -> language and time -> country and area setting which was for some reason set to Suriname (which is under Suomi) instead of Suomi (finland).

By switching that to Finland it fixed the problem and all the games show again! Dont know when or how Ive managed to potato the setting but now everything is fine!

Thanks for help because without the all the troubleshooting ideas and tried I wouldnt have thought this as an possibility!
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for the clarification.

I understand and you are correct, there could be an issue within your Microsoft Store app and possibly the Xbox app as well. You will need to perform further troubleshooting steps for us to fix this.

Kindly try this IP and cache cleanup, here's how:

Type CMD in the search bar;

Right-click on the Command Prompt option;

Click on the Run as Administrator option;

From the Command Prompt screen, execute the commands described below, pressing Enter at the end of each line:

ipconfig /release <Enter>

ipconfig /renew <Enter>

ipconfig /flushdns <Enter>

ipconfig /registerdns <Enter>

nbtstat -rr <Enter>

netsh int ip reset all <Enter>

netsh winsock reset <Enter>

These commands are for resetting IP configuration and network-related caches that may be stored on your computer.

1.On the desktop, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open Run;

2. At run type cleanmgr and click OK to open Disk Cleanup;

3. In the Disk Cleanup window, select the C: drive (if asked) and click OK;

4. In the Disk Cleanup for Windows 10 window, select the checkboxes for the files shown and click Cleanup System Files.

5. After cleaning, check the checkboxes that are not checked again and click OK>Delete Files.

Select Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features. Apps and Features in Settings.

Select the Xbox app you want to fix.

Select the Advanced Options link under the application name (some applications do not have this option). On the page that opens, select Repair if available.

Once the Reset is done, you will see a check sign next to the Reset button.

Restart the PC after completing the process.

Please take your time and let me know if it doesn't work.

Reference links:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-store-...

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

You're welcome! I am so glad that worked. If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating, and have a great day!
  5. tommi moilanen1 Win User

Hi,

Yes I have grounded downloaded and that works fine rn.

Some games I can manage to get to download by going to them via XBOX website for example Astroneer and Valheim. Like if I go to the XBOX app and search for those games they wont show up, but if I start the download from the website so it opens the xbox app from there I can download the game.

But that trick doesnt work with all the games. Like sea of thieves and no mans sky it will just greet me with the option ''not available'' after I open the xbox app from the store.

I feel like this is a problem with microsoft store app, not the xbox store app itself (because tried to delete and reinstall that). Im not sure but I assume XBOX app gets the games via microsoft store no? Because I cant see any of the games in microsoft store app either and I assume xbox app is linked to that somehow (would also kinda explain why I can get the downloads work from the website).

Another problem I noticed from my friends screenshot of his microsoft store front page is that when I open my microsoft store app and on the left side is the window is the bar with icons (like home, games/gaming etc), for me its only showing the home icon, not the games icon or any of those.
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Tommi!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, may I know which specific games from the Xbox game pass library that can't be accessed on both Microsoft Store and Xbox app, please?

Also, are you able to launch other Xbox game pass games properly without any issues?
Thema:

1. Some games not showing on microsoft store or XBOX app on PC. - Similar Threads - games showing microsoft

2. Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...: Hi, I recently used a Minecraft bedrock code and it was redeemed using my microsoft account. After redeeming the code (and the game shows on my microsoft order history), I downloaded the...
  3. Why are unauthorized credits that Microsoft refunded me for still showing in the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are unauthorized credits that Microsoft refunded me for still showing in the game?: Unauthorized purchases were made on my account. Microsoft refunded the money but the credits are still showing in the game. If I want to get credits but am afraid if I buy credits these will be...
  4. I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...: I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on another device? It also does not show in my purchase history and will only allow me to purchase it again from...
  5. Why isn't my Microsoft credit showing when I try and buy a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my Microsoft credit showing when I try and buy a game?: I have around 55$ on my account and I'm trying to pre-order a game but whenever I try to buy it, my Microsoft credits don't show up as a payment option. When I go onto my setting however, all of...
  6. Xbox app doesn't show games in library and can only start the game from Microsoft stores

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app doesn't show games in library and can only start the game from Microsoft stores: [img] My Xbox game pass games don't show up in my library anymore. When I search for the game, instead of play, it says see in Microsoft store. while I can still play the games from the Microsoft...
  7. Why when I try to join a friend in gta 5 does it tell me to show the game in Microsoft store ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I try to join a friend in gta 5 does it tell me to show the game in Microsoft store ?: Whenever I am in gta 5 I can play online normally as I should but as soon as I try to join a friend it tells me to show it in Microsoft store and tells me to choose a version when I only have one...
  8. Fifa points bought through Microsoft store won't show up in game to use

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fifa points bought through Microsoft store won't show up in game to use: Tried restarting, force restating, closing game, re'synced everything. FIFA points won't show up f6c503ab-165d-49c2-adf7-ea8871fd2d33
  9. Microsoft Store Preview Mode : SANDBOX not working properly (game to test does not show))

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store Preview Mode : SANDBOX not working properly (game to test does not show)): Hello, I am working remotely from France for a UK-based publisher. I need to access a PC program from a test Sandbox of the MS store. I am connected to the store with an xboxtestaccount address....
  10. i purchased additional coins on microsoft bingo, and it does not show up in the game. a...

in XBoX on Windows
    i purchased additional coins on microsoft bingo, and it does not show up in the game. a...: i purchased additional coins in microsoft bingo and they don't appear in the game. A message comes up saying "it looks like you already own this" and to go to My games and download it. There is...