Some apps don't start at all (installed from Xbox app on PC, Win11)

Discus and support Some apps don't start at all (installed from Xbox app on PC, Win11) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I installed several app in xbox app (on Windows 11) as I'm a game pass subcriber. I can start the Microsoft Solitaire Collection but can't start... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hunsoul, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Hunsoul
    Hunsoul Guest

I installed several app in xbox app (on Windows 11) as I'm a game pass subcriber.
    I can start the Microsoft Solitaire Collection but can't start

• Age of Empires IV
    (or Forza Horizon 5)

When I push the Play button in Xbox app or in store app or just try to start from Windows start menu, nothing happens at all. Not even the mouse cursor changes. No window appears for a moment, no new item appears in the Task Manager for a moment.

I've the latest Windows 11 Pro

• version: 21H2
    • OS build: 22000.282
    with up to date geforce 1070 driver (using geforce experience)

I don't have other problems with my PC.

I already tried to uninstall/restart/install the apps, installed on different drive,... no change.

Please help.

:)

Hunsoul, Nov 12, 2021
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hi Hunsoul,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems playing your games from the Xbox app. Here are a few steps you can try to get back to gaming.

Step 1: Use Control Panel to Uninstall a Program

1. Type control panel in the search box of Windows 11 and then click this app from the search result.
    2. Go to Programs (viewed by category) > Programs and Features.
    3. Right-click on the program you want to remove and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.
    Step 2: Delete the Remaining Files and Folders

After you uninstall a game/app, check these folders for leftovers: %programfiles% and %appdata%.

1. Input each folder in the search bar and press Enter to directly open the folder.
    2. If there is a folder with the name of the program that you have removed, delete it.
    Step 3: Remove App Keys from Windows Registry

In most cases, uninstalling a program doesn’t remove the program from Windows Registry, which could increase the size of Registry. So, you should reset the Registry keys.

Tip: Be very careful when making some changes to your Windows Registry. I recommend that you back up Windows Registry to avoid accidents as changes to the Registry Keys cannot be undone.

1. Launch Windows Registry by pressing Win + R keys, inputting registry and clicking OK.
    2. Find these keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software.
    3. If you find the key with the name of the uninstalled program, delete it.
    Step 4: Empty Temp Folder

This is the final step. It is safe to empty the Temp folder that contains all the temporary files.

1. Search for %temp% and temp one by one in the search bar of Windows 10.
    2. Delete all of the temporary files.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Re-install of MSFS can't get past available space complaint.

4. thedope Win User

Unable to use Xbox Cloud Gaming and Remote Play since sometimes in November/December

I have the same issue. Cloud gaming works from iOS browser, and Edge browser but not from the XBOX App on Win11. It used to work two weeks ago, but probably since some new Win11 update, it broke. I can't stream from my XSX to my Win11 PC anymore.

[​IMG]
  5. Marcycn Win User

Downloading just sits there

I'm having trouble finding how to reset. I'm using Win11 and it's up to date as of 2 hours ago. PC settings I know - then I get Apps > Default apps. Then I have Xbox, Xbox Console Companion, Game Bar, Game speech window, game UI, Live. I don't know where to go from here. :-(
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Problem with xbox gamepass on PC can't do anything

Kindly try resetting the Xbox app, Gaming services and MS store app from the settings. Select Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Find the App named "Gaming Services" then select the Advanced options link under the name of the app (some apps don't have this option). On the page that opens, select Reset or repair. Do the same on Xbox app and Ms store app.

After that press WIN+R (Windows logo key + R) , Enter "services.msc", find "Gaming Services", stop the service and then start it back, restart your PC to make sure all changes are saved then try installing your games again.
Thema:

1. Some apps don't start at all (installed from Xbox app on PC, Win11) - Similar Threads - apps don't start

2. I don't see the Alpha preview in my Xbox Insider app

in XboX Insiders
    I don't see the Alpha preview in my Xbox Insider app: I have a problem seeing the Alpha preview on my console, I was in the Alpha ring but when I went back to the general public version but I can't go back to the Alpha ring anymore. Is there any...
  3. If I send a message to someone and they don't have the Xbox app will it pop up for them...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I send a message to someone and they don't have the Xbox app will it pop up for them...: So I sent a message to someone that I know on Xbox app but I was just wondering if they don't have the Xbox app will it still pop up to them in some kind of way when they play a game that is...
  4. I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my other account. I don't have authenticator app access.: I have another account. I can't access cause I do not have authenticator app nor do I have the 25 key accessories. I need someone to contact me immediately so I can get this fixed. I want to be...
  5. Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...: I have googled and tried just about every fix I have seen. All notifications are on in every area, Xbox game bar, the notification control themselves. Focus assist isn't on. The Xbox game bar is...
  6. Hello I have noticed that when I join an Xbox party on the mobile app (because I don't have...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello I have noticed that when I join an Xbox party on the mobile app (because I don't have...: So far I have tried to turn the sound up and down, to mute for a long period of time, to restart the app, and to leave and rejoin the party. But none of it has worked, so I don't know if it is a...
  7. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  8. If you don't like the Store replacing My Games & Apps on the Dashboard answer no on the...

in XboX Insiders
    If you don't like the Store replacing My Games & Apps on the Dashboard answer no on the...: Yes I know you can hit up to get to my games and apps. That is all. submitted by /u/bryty93 [link] [comments]
  9. For some reason, all my games don't work, but my apps work just fine, anyone know what the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some reason, all my games don't work, but my apps work just fine, anyone know what the...: I've already reset my Xbox 3 times now, and idk what's wrong f4fd8ddb-d950-494d-99e4-f9f998b369d8
  10. some Xbox 1 games saying I don't own them after reseting and keeping games and apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    some Xbox 1 games saying I don't own them after reseting and keeping games and apps: On Xbox 1. Several games said that I needed to restart to solve a problem (with no problem code). A restart didn't help so I used the * reset and keep games and apps* button. After setting...