Some advice about game saves!

Discus and support Some advice about game saves! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, So I think my Xbox 360 hard drive is failing, before today the console would randomly just lock-up while playing games however today I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zico291, Jan 2, 2014.

1. zico291
    zico291 Guest

Hi guys,

So I think my Xbox 360 hard drive is failing, before today the console would randomly just lock-up while playing games however today I thought I heard a clicking sound coming from the hard drive I haven't heard it since but I bought myself a 32GB USB stick
    to copy all my saves on.

Is there any way to back up my save games to my PC? I want to copy all my saves to 4 disks and my external hard drive so I know I have them if my hard drive fails. One of the main reasons for asking this is some saves need to be moved instead of copied so I
    was thinking if I moved them to my USB then copied them to my PC I could have a back up. I have over 120 games and I really want to make sure my game saves are really really safe.

Unfortunately me and USB sticks have never really got on I have had 5 and all 5 have broken in some way otherwise I would just leave them on there (but as I said before some saves need to be moved so this is not really a back up solution).

If anyone could help me that would be great I am getting worried I am going to lose all my save games.

Thanks

:)

zico291, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Do I buy the new 1TB Xbox One ??

Good advice above. Get a job and support yourself and your family if you have one. Then save some money then think about an Xbox. My god *** taxes buying the unemployed an Xbox, it's a disgrace,!

Ooh im good 75, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Need some game advice

^^ Do you mean Elder Scrolls Online?

Neverwinter is fun & addictive & it's free.

Daft Badger, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest

Dont quote me on this but just logically speaking i do not see why you would not be able to move them onto you r pc and back again via usb.

Please be advised though that this is how people gamesave and the like so it may look a bit dodgy if you do do it.

Thats just my 2 pence as these forums are slow for replies unless its the old xo vs ps4 debate!

Boas BS5, Jan 2, 2014
  5. zico291
    zico291 Guest
    ^ Yeah, this is what I am worried about I don't want to get banned for backing saves up I don't want to modify my game files I just want to keep them safe.

zico291, Jan 2, 2014
  6. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    You wont see your saves if you put your USB into your PC. The folder itself is hidden, view hidden files and you'll see files named Data0000, Data0001, Data0002, etc.

-

People who have tried moving them to their PC have reported that the 360 fails to see them when they are put back.

-

The only other methods are by use of third party programs, and as Boas mentioned, could look a little dodgy.

voteDC, Jan 2, 2014
  7. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest
    Cloud saves might be a good option too mate. Upload as much as you can and its linked to you.

ShaunPerry, Jan 2, 2014
  8. zico291
    zico291 Guest

I will sleep on in I think then decide in the morning, thanks guys if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post.

Thanks again.

zico291, Oct 31, 2018
  9. zico291 Win User

I will sleep on in I think then decide in the morning, thanks guys if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post.

Thanks again.
  10. Boas BS5 Win User

Dont quote me on this but just logically speaking i do not see why you would not be able to move them onto you r pc and back again via usb.

Please be advised though that this is how people gamesave and the like so it may look a bit dodgy if you do do it.

Thats just my 2 pence as these forums are slow for replies unless its the old xo vs ps4 debate!
  11. voteDC Win User

You wont see your saves if you put your USB into your PC. The folder itself is hidden, view hidden files and you'll see files named Data0000, Data0001, Data0002, etc.

-

People who have tried moving them to their PC have reported that the 360 fails to see them when they are put back.

-

The only other methods are by use of third party programs, and as Boas mentioned, could look a little dodgy.
  12. ShaunPerry Win User

Cloud saves might be a good option too mate. Upload as much as you can and its linked to you.
  13. zico291 Win User

^ Yeah, this is what I am worried about I don't want to get banned for backing saves up I don't want to modify my game files I just want to keep them safe.
Thema:

1. Some advice about game saves! - Similar Threads - advice game saves

2. Advice on Black Friday games deals

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Advice on Black Friday games deals: Hi everyone, I never owned a console or been a gamer until 4 months ago and I am trying to build my own games library, I have already bought during Black Friday FIFA 23 ultimate edition, The...
  3. List games for my Black Friday :-) any advice, feedback and opinions - Part 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    List games for my Black Friday :-) any advice, feedback and opinions - Part 1: Hi everyone! I would like to purchase a few/several games on Black Friday Sale but as I have never been a gamer and I started only last summer I would like some advice on these games and the...
  4. Persona 5 Royal keeps failing to launch game. Error code 0x80004005 appears. Any advice on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Persona 5 Royal keeps failing to launch game. Error code 0x80004005 appears. Any advice on...: So I have tried to play this game since about 10 days ago and it continues to fail when attempting to launch the game. The same error code keeps appearing and I am wondering if anyone else is...
  5. Game system for hemiplegic people advice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game system for hemiplegic people advice: Hello - I'm looking for a video game system for my husband, who has left-sided paralysis. I know nothing about game systems, but I'm hoping to find one where he can play with just his right hand....
  6. Advice on games crashing/freezing series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Advice on games crashing/freezing series S: I've just bought series s + all access. 2 of the games I have downloaded freeze or crash when loading levels. The games are Aliens fireteam elite And Hitman 3 Other games I've downloaded...
  7. Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install games on xbox app getting the 0x0000001 error. Have followed all advice on...: Hi there, I bought game pass a few weeks ago and as of yet have been unable to play anything. I cannot install games and keep getting the 0x00000001 error code. I have tried the following advice...
  8. Hi my fan goes on and off every time I play a game or watch films any advice thanks liam

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi my fan goes on and off every time I play a game or watch films any advice thanks liam: Hi my fan goes on and off every time I play a game or watch films any advice thanks liam 635b8f32-d0bf-4404-ab66-dabc535ff583
  9. Xbox keeps kicking out of game! Please advice!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps kicking out of game! Please advice!: My son xbox one keeps kicking him out of games (for a few months now) when he is playing on fifa, rocket league or Call Of Duty with his friends and going back to home screen. Getting frustrating!...
  10. Game Share across two consoles advice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Share across two consoles advice: Hi guys, im new to Xbox and i would like some advice please. i have just bought an xbox one x with game pass and xbox live, for me. I also bought an xbox one s for my son. How do i share my...