Some advice about game saves!

Discus and support Some advice about game saves! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, So I think my Xbox 360 hard drive is failing, before today the console would randomly just lock-up while playing games however today I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zico291, Jan 2, 2014.

1. zico291
    zico291 Guest

Hi guys,

So I think my Xbox 360 hard drive is failing, before today the console would randomly just lock-up while playing games however today I thought I heard a clicking sound coming from the hard drive I haven't heard it since but I bought myself a 32GB USB stick
    to copy all my saves on.

Is there any way to back up my save games to my PC? I want to copy all my saves to 4 disks and my external hard drive so I know I have them if my hard drive fails. One of the main reasons for asking this is some saves need to be moved instead of copied so I
    was thinking if I moved them to my USB then copied them to my PC I could have a back up. I have over 120 games and I really want to make sure my game saves are really really safe.

Unfortunately me and USB sticks have never really got on I have had 5 and all 5 have broken in some way otherwise I would just leave them on there (but as I said before some saves need to be moved so this is not really a back up solution).

If anyone could help me that would be great I am getting worried I am going to lose all my save games.

Thanks

:)

zico291, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Do I buy the new 1TB Xbox One ??

Good advice above. Get a job and support yourself and your family if you have one. Then save some money then think about an Xbox. My god *** taxes buying the unemployed an Xbox, it's a disgrace,!

Ooh im good 75, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Need some game advice

^^ Do you mean Elder Scrolls Online?

Neverwinter is fun & addictive & it's free.

Daft Badger, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest

Dont quote me on this but just logically speaking i do not see why you would not be able to move them onto you r pc and back again via usb.

Please be advised though that this is how people gamesave and the like so it may look a bit dodgy if you do do it.

Thats just my 2 pence as these forums are slow for replies unless its the old xo vs ps4 debate!

Boas BS5, Jan 2, 2014
  5. zico291
    zico291 Guest
    ^ Yeah, this is what I am worried about I don't want to get banned for backing saves up I don't want to modify my game files I just want to keep them safe.

zico291, Jan 2, 2014
  6. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    You wont see your saves if you put your USB into your PC. The folder itself is hidden, view hidden files and you'll see files named Data0000, Data0001, Data0002, etc.

-

People who have tried moving them to their PC have reported that the 360 fails to see them when they are put back.

-

The only other methods are by use of third party programs, and as Boas mentioned, could look a little dodgy.

voteDC, Jan 2, 2014
  7. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest
    Cloud saves might be a good option too mate. Upload as much as you can and its linked to you.

ShaunPerry, Jan 2, 2014
  8. zico291
    zico291 Guest

I will sleep on in I think then decide in the morning, thanks guys if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post.

Thanks again.

zico291, Oct 31, 2018
  9. zico291 Win User

I will sleep on in I think then decide in the morning, thanks guys if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post.

Thanks again.
  10. Boas BS5 Win User

Dont quote me on this but just logically speaking i do not see why you would not be able to move them onto you r pc and back again via usb.

Please be advised though that this is how people gamesave and the like so it may look a bit dodgy if you do do it.

Thats just my 2 pence as these forums are slow for replies unless its the old xo vs ps4 debate!
  11. voteDC Win User

You wont see your saves if you put your USB into your PC. The folder itself is hidden, view hidden files and you'll see files named Data0000, Data0001, Data0002, etc.

-

People who have tried moving them to their PC have reported that the 360 fails to see them when they are put back.

-

The only other methods are by use of third party programs, and as Boas mentioned, could look a little dodgy.
  12. ShaunPerry Win User

Cloud saves might be a good option too mate. Upload as much as you can and its linked to you.
  13. zico291 Win User

^ Yeah, this is what I am worried about I don't want to get banned for backing saves up I don't want to modify my game files I just want to keep them safe.
Thema:

1. Some advice about game saves! - Similar Threads - advice game saves

2. Need advice on a possible hack of my account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need advice on a possible hack of my account: I play Star Wars Battlefront with a group of friends. We have a group chat that we used. A few months ago we started having problems accessing it. We could only do so via the app. I discovered we...
  3. Need advice on setting up my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need advice on setting up my Xbox series x: Everyone claims all the main set tings have to change from automatic to manual like dns and a bunch of other stuff and I just needed some clarity 12455621-0bd1-446a-85fd-406397b04f50
  4. Advice Or How Can I Fix This?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Advice Or How Can I Fix This?: Technical Error ? : When I activate my Xbox One S, It will only show the Green Colored Screen with the Xbox Symbol in the middle. Afterwards, the screen will pop up asking if I would like to...
  5. I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice?: I'll give a story. Took my xbox to a friends house to download something because it was much faster. I bring my xbox back and every now and then it starts to just drain my internet for no reason....
  6. Any advice would be hugely appreciated

in XboX Insiders
    Any advice would be hugely appreciated: So I have a seagate 2tb Storage card on my series x. However with Microsoft deleting captures I've decided to get an external device to store my game clips and screenshots on. So I would like to...
  7. Grandparent Gift Advice please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grandparent Gift Advice please: Hello - shopping for grandchild with no gaming experience here - if purchasing an xbox series s console, can I get the games she said she wants - 1) Cars3 driven to win and 2) Angry Birds Trilogy...
  8. My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??: I have a brand new wired PDP controller for Xbox and it turns off while playing any idea why?? 748dc5ae-dda5-4bc5-9a09-d3e9684ff49d
  9. Gift not being sent, any advice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gift not being sent, any advice?: My friend bought me a game as a gift through the Xbox store. I have been waiting for a couple hours but haven't received any notifications or emails about the gift. We've restarted our systems and...
  10. xbox having trouble updating. Does anyone have any advice.

in XboX Insiders
    xbox having trouble updating. Does anyone have any advice.: I was just playing normaly then my xbox says. "There was a problem with the update". submitted by /u/Emperor4Head [link] [comments]