[solved] Can't resume FH5 download after restart of pc and disk space seems still reserved.

Discus and support [solved] Can't resume FH5 download after restart of pc and disk space seems still reserved. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [Solution] Disclaimer: It may be possible for some of you that some previously mentioned tips of Vinicius will work so go ahead and go step by step.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kimmerdinger, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Kimmerdinger
    Kimmerdinger Guest

[solved] Can't resume FH5 download after restart of pc and disk space seems still reserved.

[Solution]
    Disclaimer: It may be possible for some of you that some previously mentioned tips of Vinicius will work so go ahead and go step by step.

In my case however what helped was to restore the system to a previous point which miraculously made the Xbox app work again. Yes.. as always with this type of restoration some of your changes may get set back but for me it was totally worth it!

Hi there~

As the title says I can't resume my Forza Horizon 5 download anymore after restarting my PC.. The last time I was online I started downloading and got to about 30% before I decided to go off for the night. Now I can't see the game in my collection in the Xbox App or in windows store, or in the list of installed games...
    That wouldn't be such a problem if the app or the game somehow didn't still reserve the needed disk space for the game... I now can't restart the download as well as the app says I don't have enough space but literally nothing changed between the last time I was online..

After playing around with authorization I managed to get into the "WindowsApps" folder to take a look but I won't lie - I don't really know what I'm looking for or if this is the right place at all to look for it.. The only thing I found was a Store Thumbnail from the game but that's about it.

Anyways.. has anyone else had a similar problem and a solution at hand maby?
    I'm open to trying thing's out I don't know if that helps me to understand the what's and why's. If you need any additional information please let me know!!

Thank you for your time, even if you're just reading through..
    Cheers, ~

edit 1: also, this is my first time posting here.. if there are more fitting categories, topics to put this into please let me know and I'll change them!

[Solution]
    edit 2: I remembered a program called "TreeSize" to check where and how much disk space was used and found the location. It was under ".../WindowsApps/MSIXVC/filename" and after deleting it - which took just a second compared to other single files that big I deleted in the past so I asume it was the reservation since it was way too fast - I got the disk space back.

Thanks again for anyone reading this and I hope this will help someone in need! Although it'd be much preferred if this was a one time use case.. [solved] Can't resume FH5 download after restart of pc and disk space seems still reserved. ;)

Cheers!

:)

Kimmerdinger, Nov 13, 2021
  2. 9Sphinxx9 Win User

Hey

I would like to know how you managed to delete the file, because for me it says the following:

[​IMG]

translated it means: You need permissions to perform this operation.

You must obtain the necessary permissions from the administrator to make changes to this file.
  3. Kimmerdinger Win User

Hello again, Vinicius!
    Firstly, let me thank you for your help so far and the ideas you have given me!

Secondly, I'm at the point where creating a boot stick and restoring windows 10 is my next step.

But - there was one update that I installed called "KB 5006738"
    and via Windows Store there were only three updates concerning some "VP9-Videoextension", "OneNote" and "Your Smartphone".

Repairing and restoring at first the Gaming Services and after that the Xbox app didn't do the trick.

Same goes for the reinstallation of the Gaming Services. The process of un- and then reinstalling did work, but the issue remains the same.

So thank you for providing the links to the needed media creation tool and thanks again for your help so far!
    I'll continue to update you as soon as I get something noteworthy. - on that note: Do you get a notification when I edit this very post? Otherwise I'll just add another reply.

Thanks and wish me luck! ;)
    Cheers~
  4. RahulPereira Win User

yes and also formatted my pc but still facing this problem
  5. Kimmerdinger Win User

We finally did it, Vinicius!

Of course I can't test the game until tomorrow since I don't have the premium version but after restoring about 4 days back the download just began and is still running... whatever comes next, under no circumstances will I pause that thing again I tell you! :D

Also: I still haven't downloaded the "KB 5006738" again but I will as soon as the download is done.

Thank you so much for your ideas!! I feel like no matter how much time one spends with something - if you're too close to the picture you just can't see it.

Also of course would it be nice to figure out what exactly caused this weird behaviour but truth be told - I'm just happy it's running as intended now and will put it to rest.. ;)

Cheers!
  6. Kimmerdinger Win User

Why hello there Vinicius!

Thank you very much for taking on with this!

And thanks for asking, I'm admittably slowly losing my patience with this matter to be honest but fine as well ;)
    How about yourself?

Unfotunately I have to say that my thought of "solution" wasn't quite what I thought it was...
    The disk space is free and via XboxApp I could push the button to once again start the installtion but after "preparing" for a while and changing it's green colour to gray, it returns to being green and I can push it again.
    This process doesn't seem to create any new files in the aforementioned location and is only visible in the collection tab for about a minute. Then it seems to forget what it was doing and that is that.

I then heard from a friend that installing the newest C++ redistributables fixes some possible bugs with the game and thought - heck, why not give that a try but doing so didn't seem to change anything.

If you have some free time on your hands, I would really appreciate if you could look into this with me together!

Cheers, ~
Thema:

1. [solved] Can't resume FH5 download after restart of pc and disk space seems still reserved. - Similar Threads - solved Can't resume

2. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  3. [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  4. I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...: I cant join life boat server im going to check now 0672198b-c91f-4089-a75b-b232a0a866e3
  5. Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together: Found myself at a closed thread with no step in solution from microsoft, so thought I'd get a fresh one started. I have a box that is doing this exact issue, even after maintenancing the internal...
  6. Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?: Hello fellow gamers! So today i wanted to download the microsoft flight sim with a product key. It al went well until i needed to download an update before downloading the game. After the download...
  7. Anyone know how to solve this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to solve this?: I got this problem a few months ago on my stationary computer that my character keeps walking for a few seconds even though I release the w-key. This happeneds in multiple games and it doesn't...
  8. Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  9. I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?: I've had my xbox account for 8+ years and today I've been told there's "usual activity" on my account. To what that is, is beyond me. I can't use the phone code because it's linked to my old phone...
  10. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED: Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED. I have achieved perfect scores for the last two years. I have gone online, and other users have the same...