[SOLVED]"Can't connect to Xbox Live" from inside of backwards compatible 360 game on xbox one

Discus and support [SOLVED]"Can't connect to Xbox Live" from inside of backwards compatible 360 game on xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've seen lots of variants of this question but haven't had success with the answers I've found so far. I'm trying to play Red Dead Redemption on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SeasickLeader, Oct 3, 2018.

1. [SOLVED]"Can't connect to Xbox Live" from inside of backwards compatible 360 game on xbox one

I've seen lots of variants of this question but haven't had success with the answers I've found so far.

I'm trying to play Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox one. I had some trouble getting a profile to connect to Xbox live before but was able to fix the problem by deleting my profile information and re-downloading my profile. My downloaded 360 profile disappeared
    and I can't download a profile due to an error saying:

Can't connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support.

If I select "Test Connection", it goes to the Xbox one settings and says that everything is fine. I've tried deleting the 360 cache from the Xbox one storage settings and that hasn't helped.

I do have 2fa enabled. Is that something I need to disable in order to use live on 360 games on the Xbox One?

As far as I can tell, you can't save progress in RDR unless you're signed in to a profile inside the emulator, hence the desire to get signed in.

EDIT:

I put a comment at the bottom but it ended up being a network issue. I moved to a network with a less strict firewall and backwards compatibility started working fine. I suspect I could have found the same results if I figured out what ports needed to be
    open for 360 Xbox Live to work but it was easier to just plug in an ethernet cable.

:)

SeasickLeader, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Problems connecting to XBOX LIVE specifically from backwards compatible games on Xbox ONE.

Hi there. Can anyone tell me why I cannot connect to Xbox LIVE from any backwards compatible game on Xbox ONE.? Say, I can connect on Xbox ONE, play all normal and smooth, but on any Xbox 360 game, it will not let me. It´s kinda funny. I receive the message
    that leds you to check your connection on Xbox 360, yet I'm on Xbox LIVE back at the main menu of Xbox ONE.

Help...

PD: Thanks for reading

AdaptableBark9, Oct 3, 2018
  3. BlackSolaris
    BlackSolaris Guest
    maybe someone can clarify?

So, no possibility of playing Xbox 360 games through streaming? Wasn't there a rumor that the Xbox One had backwards compatibility? Because that would solve the entire problem right from the get go.

BlackSolaris, Oct 3, 2018
  4. [SOLVED]"Can't connect to Xbox Live" from inside of backwards compatible 360 game on xbox one

The 2FA could be causing your problem try turning it off and try to download your profile from the 360 emulator.

steeledwand7664, Oct 3, 2018
  5. DominumStige
    DominumStige Guest
    Hi!

The account must also be set on X1 (the same account name on X360). If you can not set it, try to perform a

power cycle
    and try again. After, if the account was created on the console, in the menu emulated X360, hold down the menu and options buttons to enter in X360 menu and check the account settings.

DominumStige, Oct 3, 2018
  6. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    If you have 2fa enabled, make sure you are using an App Password instead of your regular password, when you sign in on the emulated Xbox 360.

You can create an App Password on
    https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage

If necessary, clear the local Xbox 360 storage from your Xbox One console first, and then try to download your account again, using the App Password you generated above.

DO NOT turn off Two Step Verification as steeledwand7664 recommended!!! This is unnecessary and makes your account less secure and an easier target for phishing and account hijacking!

Arminator, Oct 3, 2018
  7. Unfortunately, I can't even get to the point where I can sign in on the emulated 360. If I try to download a profile (which seems to be the only option), I get the "Can't connect to Xbox Live" error.

SeasickLeader, Oct 4, 2018
  8. [SOLVED]"Can't connect to Xbox Live" from inside of backwards compatible 360 game on xbox one

I tried disabling 2fa and setting my password to 15 characters. When I rebooted my xbox one, i had to re-sign in and starting another 360 game (Mirror's Edge) re-fetched something in the emulator.

That being said, I'm still getting the "can't connect" error if I try to download my profile inside the emulator.

I dug out my old 360 and it could sign into Xbox Live when 2fa was enabled.

9. If I'm understanding you correctly, my account is the same on my Xbox one, Xbox 360 and the 360 emulator in the Xbox one.

10. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    XBF Brad A, Oct 4, 2018
  11. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Please keep 2FA enabled on your account and create an App Password on
    to make your account secure again.

Then use the newly created app password instead of your regular password on the Xbox 360.

Could you please tell us, what country you are from, as a few weeks ago, people from the Ukraine and Iran had trouble connecting to Xbox.

Maybe the emulated Xbox 360 tries to contact servers that are blocked by a country-wide firewall, or other local issue?

Also while you're on the Proofs managing page, check that your security proofs (like alternative email addresses and phone numbers) are up to date.

Then on the Xbox One try to clear the Xbox 360 storage again in the Xbox One settings under storage, and restart your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Make sure the Xbox One shows a green boot screen during startup. If not, hold the power button again for at least 10 seconds.

Then after the console finished starting, launch any Xbox 360 game again, press both the Menu and View buttons on the controller to bring up the Xbox 360 guide, and choose to "Download Profile".

Provide your email, and the App password you created instead of your regular password.

Does that work now?

Arminator, Oct 4, 2018
  12. Sorry for the delay, my Xbox One ended up losing a fan and wasn't operational for a while.

Turns out the problem was a bit more simple. The firewall on my wireless network is more strict than the wired network and I had forgotten that I was on wired the last time I had used backwards compatibility. As soon as I moved my (now working) Xbox back
    to the wired network, I was able to download my profile and resume RDR.

Thanks all for the suggestions and help.

SeasickLeader, Nov 2, 2018
  13. RafaelMouraB-DB3E4E3 Win User

Cant Install Halo 3 on Xbox 360

If i got a Xbox 360 game from live with gold, it's will be only a backward compatible? I can't play on Xbox 360?
  14. SeasickLeader Win User

[SOLVED]"Can't connect to Xbox Live" from inside of backwards compatible 360 game on xbox one

I tried disabling 2fa and setting my password to 15 characters. When I rebooted my xbox one, i had to re-sign in and starting another 360 game (Mirror's Edge) re-fetched something in the emulator.

That being said, I'm still getting the "can't connect" error if I try to download my profile inside the emulator.

15. SeasickLeader Win User

Unfortunately, I can't even get to the point where I can sign in on the emulated 360. If I try to download a profile (which seems to be the only option), I get the "Can't connect to Xbox Live" error.
  16. XBF Brad A Win User

17. Arminator Win User

I tried disabling 2fa and setting my password to 15 characters.

Please keep 2FA enabled on your account and create an App Password on
    to make your account secure again.

Then use the newly created app password instead of your regular password on the Xbox 360.

Could you please tell us, what country you are from, as a few weeks ago, people from the Ukraine and Iran had trouble connecting to Xbox.

Maybe the emulated Xbox 360 tries to contact servers that are blocked by a country-wide firewall, or other local issue?

Also while you're on the Proofs managing page, check that your security proofs (like alternative email addresses and phone numbers) are up to date.

Then on the Xbox One try to clear the Xbox 360 storage again in the Xbox One settings under storage, and restart your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Make sure the Xbox One shows a green boot screen during startup. If not, hold the power button again for at least 10 seconds.

Then after the console finished starting, launch any Xbox 360 game again, press both the Menu and View buttons on the controller to bring up the Xbox 360 guide, and choose to "Download Profile".

Provide your email, and the App password you created instead of your regular password.

Does that work now?
Thema:

1. [SOLVED]"Can't connect to Xbox Live" from inside of backwards compatible 360 game on xbox one - Similar Threads - SOLVED Can't connect

2. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  3. [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  4. I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...: I cant join life boat server im going to check now 0672198b-c91f-4089-a75b-b232a0a866e3
  5. Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together: Found myself at a closed thread with no step in solution from microsoft, so thought I'd get a fresh one started. I have a box that is doing this exact issue, even after maintenancing the internal...
  6. Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?: Hello fellow gamers! So today i wanted to download the microsoft flight sim with a product key. It al went well until i needed to download an update before downloading the game. After the download...
  7. Anyone know how to solve this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to solve this?: I got this problem a few months ago on my stationary computer that my character keeps walking for a few seconds even though I release the w-key. This happeneds in multiple games and it doesn't...
  8. Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  9. I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?: I've had my xbox account for 8+ years and today I've been told there's "usual activity" on my account. To what that is, is beyond me. I can't use the phone code because it's linked to my old phone...
  10. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED: Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges 9/17/2023 TriPeaks (Easy) CAN'T BE SOLVED. I have achieved perfect scores for the last two years. I have gone online, and other users have the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox live parties are blocked backwards compatible

2. cant connect to xbox live on xbox one

3. cant connect to xbox live 360 on xbox one

4. xbox one 360 compatibility connect to xbox live,
  5. xbox one cant connect to 360