Software issues? Or controller issues?

Discus and support Software issues? Or controller issues? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Recently my series X has run into a few problems. Whilst navigating through the “home/menu” screen the selection window jumps as if the direction pad... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by James C Rye, Nov 23, 2022.

1. James C Rye
    James C Rye Guest

Recently my series X has run into a few problems. Whilst navigating through the “home/menu” screen the selection window jumps as if the direction pad button is being pressed more than once. The same issues occur whilst using the blu ray player, trying to navigate the dvd pop up menu as well as attempting to pause. Additionally the L3 button “Clicking the stick in” doesn’t work whilst playing video games, however all the other buttons work fine playing Xbox games. What could be the cause? What is the solution?

:)

James C Rye, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

James, According to your report, the error is only in the control, my friend.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

See if you can update the control please

If it doesn't work, I'm sorry, we'll have to get it repaired if it's still under warranty.

Click on this link, if your console appears in your account click on it or register it.

After clicking on it, go to ''online service''. In the category put ''accessories'' and next to ''standard control'' and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. Anthony8851 Win User

Xbox Software Issues

I've recently found out that the OS is responding now which is better dispute it still taking a while to actually respond. Once I used a wired controller (By PowerA) for some odd reason it finally responded (With the minor problems in
    bold) and as a result my wireless controller began to work as well. I was able to sign into my account. Will update with any more problems.
  4. Anthony8851 Win User

Xbox Software Issues

From what I can tell it has something to do with the OS's responses to button presses specifically x button presses.
  5. Anthony8851 Win User

Xbox Software Issues

Have you tried another controller? Maybe the "x" button is broken on your controller.
    As said in bold and yes, I've ran a diagnosis by using other controllers that are in working condition.
  6. Julian_ Win User

Xbox Software Issues

Hi! First you should connect the controller via microUSB to your Xbox One for at least 10 minutes in order to let it update. Have you tried using a different controller with that console in order to find out if it's a software side issue?
Thema:

1. Software issues? Or controller issues? - Similar Threads - Software issues controller

2. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  3. Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?: I purchased a used Xbox game for the original Xbox off of eBay. The game arrived today but it looks like it popped off the spindle in the case and scratched the read side. The scratches are not...
  4. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  5. clipping software problem on fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    clipping software problem on fortnite: hi so i’ve been having this issue for a little while. everytime i press the record button to record a clip my controller disconnects for about 5-20 seconds. this controller is brand new and didn’t...
  6. Is spigot minecraft server software against the EULA?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is spigot minecraft server software against the EULA?: Is spigotMC even compliant with the EULA? I really need to know because I want to host a minecraft server (what else would I be using it for?) and I really cant find any clear information online....
  7. Elite series 2 software bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 software bug: Issue started this morning . Turned xbox on, loaded into a game and my controller was being really weird. Some buttons wouldn't work or be extremely delayed. So I go into the accessory app to test...
  8. Controller Hardware or Software issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Hardware or Software issue?: So I've had an issue with a controller for awhile now, when I try to hold the Xbox home button (to bring up the power off, restart prompts), it will regularly open the blade menu (as if I only...
  9. Xbox series x is software update issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x is software update issue: xbox series x the new black console is stuck doing a system update I'm frozen out of opening or pressing anything while its trying to do this so I can't go setting or anything like that I tried...
  10. Is my Xbox Series X or my LG C3 48 inch faulty? Or software issue? The games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is my Xbox Series X or my LG C3 48 inch faulty? Or software issue? The games?: Hi all, I Hope somebody might help me with this. Two years a go I bought an Xbox series X and recently I bought an LG C3 48 inch. I have experienced some issues. The most Extreme One Is while...