Soft/Hard Resets & Offline System Update Fail

Discus and support Soft/Hard Resets & Offline System Update Fail in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I believe I have the Original Xbox One and have been facing the black screen of death for a very long time. Each time, I have simply done a soft reset,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lowkeyg, Sep 11, 2022.

1. lowkeyg
    lowkeyg Guest

I believe I have the Original Xbox One and have been facing the black screen of death for a very long time. Each time, I have simply done a soft reset, then it stopped working (sent me back to the troubleshoot screen). So, I did the Offline System Update with OSU1, and it worked for a few times, however now it has failed entirely. I can no longer do hard resets, soft resets and offline system updates. I am unaware if Microsoft have changed the contents within OSU1, and that's why it not working, or the console's hardware is simply old. If you have had any luck, advice would be greatly appreciated!

OS Version: 22000.3832.amd64fre.xb_flt_2203co.220303-2245

:)

lowkeyg, Sep 11, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, lowkeyg! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with your console.

I believe additional information is needed.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you answer the following questions:

• May I ask what happens when you try to perform an offline update? is your console simply not letting you on the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter?

• Besides the flash drive required for the offline update, do you currently have other external storage units plugged into your console?

• Did you redownload OSU1 before attempting the offline update again?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, lowkeyg! thank you for your reply.

I'd suggest downloading the update file again, as it does change every once in a while. You can use this link to trigger a download: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/osu1

Additionally, do you get any error codes/messages before the console takes you back to the troubleshooter? perhaps a "something went wrong" screen?
  4. lowkeyg Win User

1. When I use the OSU1 USB, I may reach approximately 50% in the download section (20% in total maybe?), the xbox then does a restart (as it usually does during an update), but when it turns back on, it is sent back to the troubleshoot screen.

2. Only the power unit and the HDMI.

3. I'm not entirely sure sorry; are you asking how recently I downloaded the OSU1 file? If so, a few months ago.
  5. motzaeli-0BCA5A50-3A Win User

Xbox one black screen after July 21 update - FIX by offline firmware update

UPDATE - preform the offline update and all is back to normal.

FYI.

So no need for any soft or hard reset.

Good luck to all that were affect by the faulty MS update by following the offline process.
  6. Jacobhg10 Win User

Apps won't download

Yea sorry I should have mentioned that before. I have reset the console multiple times both soft and hard resets, I have factory reset the console, reset the alternate MAC address, completed the offline system update, did some other stuff with the wifi (I forgot the specifics but i have done stuff with the dns and whatnot).
Thema:

1. Soft/Hard Resets & Offline System Update Fail - Similar Threads - Soft Hard Resets

2. Why is Xbox enforcement so soft?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox enforcement so soft?: I just got a communication ban on my account for the comment of “wild lmao”. I genuinely have no idea how that would result in a ban in any universe. So I would like to know when did Xbox...
  3. Xbox one soft factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one soft factory reset: I’m trying to complete a soft factory reset and it’s not working. 9cac6175-87a0-447a-a6af-8e6bb1c8927c
  4. Microsoft soft let me buy he’ll let loose on my Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft soft let me buy he’ll let loose on my Xbox one: Microsoft soft let me buy he’ll let loose on my Xbox one and didn’t tell me it was only compatible with the newest Xbox x/s online it says able to play on Xbox one so I have bought a game that...
  5. Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...: I tryed everything to fix my usb ports but nothing worked I cleaned them I checked them every thing but nothing 04cb3d6b-b2fd-4350-8adf-dfbad7c06c6a
  6. My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Rig 300 hc Dolby Atmos headset mic is picking my voice very softly. Please help.: The rig 300 hc headset mic is barely picking up my voice. Please help 36db2845-0636-4bd2-8613-ff9d00c4b1b4
  7. it wont let me download certain games what can i do to fix it i have already hard and soft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    it wont let me download certain games what can i do to fix it i have already hard and soft...: i have tried a ton of stuff to fix it and i went to the xbox support and they gave up 7ebfb3f5-a1a3-467e-860d-e5e534a25fc6
  8. Xbox one needs soft factory reset every time i hard reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one needs soft factory reset every time i hard reset: So basically the issue began 2 weeks ago when hulu would not start. The xbox said if the issue continued to do a power cycle, did the hard reset but when it came to the green xbox one screen it...
  9. Chat soft, game hard on headphone and chatmix slider does not help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat soft, game hard on headphone and chatmix slider does not help: My headphone does not work correct anymore. it is connected to my console with 3.5 mm jacket. i hear the sound of the game loud enough, but the sound of the chat is to soft and can hardly hear...
  10. Chat soft, game hard on headphone and chatmix slider does not help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat soft, game hard on headphone and chatmix slider does not help: My headphone does not work correct anymore. it is connected to my console with 3.5 mm jacket. i hear the sound of the game loud enough, but the sound of the chat is to soft and can hardly hear...