So will the series X have an optical out port?

Discus and support So will the series X have an optical out port? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all. So I'm sure weve all seen the new images of the series x. One question i have is, does it have an optical audio out port on the back? I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by THUND3R 4, Mar 16, 2020.

  1. THUND3R 4
    THUND3R 4 Guest

    So will the series X have an optical out port?


    Hey all. So I'm sure weve all seen the new images of the series x.

    One question i have is, does it have an optical audio out port on the back? I cannot see one.

    Microsoft said all headsets and accessories will work on the series x, but if it doesnt have the optical port, then my brand new Astro A50 wireless headset wont work will it?

    The a50 uses USB for chat and optical for my audio currently on my one x.

    Anyone got any info on this?

    I will be severely disappointed if this is the case and my £300 headset will no longer work with the series X.

    :)
     
    THUND3R 4, Mar 16, 2020
    #1
  2. matthewiag Win User

    So will the series X have an optical out port?

    Hello

    I saw a post on Astros Reddit page and the Support Team said they are working on a Firmware update before the console launches to support USB Fully
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    So will the series X have an optical out port?

    There is no optical out.

    I would speculate, that just like when they eliminated the Kinect port on Xbox One S, that there could be some kind of USB dongle. They know how much peop,e have invested in good headsets
  4. SoullessCodith Win User

    So will the series X have an optical out port?

    I am not sure if there is an optical audio port. I am hoping that there is one though.
  5. THUND3R 4 Win User

    So will the series X have an optical out port?

    https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-wont-have-spdif-optical-audio-or-ir-blaster

    Nope. Confirmed by windows central series x WILL NOT have an optical port.

    This is pretty damn poor from Microsoft. They have said all accessories for xbox one will work on series x. Wity this port missing this is not true. My £300 astro wireless headset will now no longer connect to the new console. I very much doubt astro could
    update it to work via USB only.

    Pretty disappointed in this at the mo unless they come up with a fix so I still get the same great 3d audio from Dolby atmos and full chat using my a50's.
  6. Whitey Black Win User

    So will the series X have an optical out port?

    i think they gone to add the port all you can see now is a development console not the full final
Thema:

So will the series X have an optical out port?

Loading...
  1. So will the series X have an optical out port? - Similar Threads - series optical port

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...