So, my Microsoft account was taken by a hacker who changed my security information and the...

Discus and support So, my Microsoft account was taken by a hacker who changed my security information and the... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; (Note: this isn't the account that was hacked) I have tried to recover my account once, which it worked. But now I believe they changed the password... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KADEN KUBIAK, Mar 12, 2023.

1. KADEN KUBIAK
    KADEN KUBIAK Guest

So, my Microsoft account was taken by a hacker who changed my security information and the...

(Note: this isn't the account that was hacked) I have tried to recover my account once, which it worked. But now I believe they changed the password again due to the security information being theirs. (I have to wait 30 days for it to be changed). So, I couldn't change it at the time, and I have no access to the account now. Even with Account recovery. I need help from Microsoft.

:)

KADEN KUBIAK, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

So, my Microsoft account was taken by a hacker who changed my security information and the password.

Hi KADEN KUBIAK,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

So, my Microsoft account was taken by a hacker who changed my security information and the password.

Hi KADEN KUBIAK,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today other than with this account issue.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you wanted to recover your Microsoft account which you mentioned was hacked.

We would like to inform you at the beginning that Microsoft account recovery is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best we can in helping you with the process.

First, we would suggest you fill up the ACSR form and make sure you provide an alternate email address when you fill up the ACSR form so that the team can communicate with you. Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. Answer as many questions as you can as thoroughly as possible. If you’re not sure, guessing is ok - wrong answers don’t count against you.

When you enter your email address, keep in mind that some domains may be country specific such as @outlook.co.uk. If you’ve had your account for several years, the details on file may not match your current situation, so think about what you may have entered when you first signed up. Is it possible that you moved or changed your name? Think about passwords that you use on other accounts that you may have used here. This is another place where a good guess can pay off. When you get to a question that lets you “add more," fill in as much information as you are able. Email subject lines need to be exact.

We highly recommend you visit these articles:

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

With regards to the Microsoft Store purchase, we would recommend you contact our Microsoft Store support team and inform them about the purchase. Here is the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/28808/microsoft-store-contact-support

Also refer this article: Prevent unauthorized purchases from Microsoft Store using Xbox One - Microsoft Support

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator
  4. Jacob Eunice Win User

I started the security info replacement process on my stolen account, but it was cancelled.

Xbox support took me to the same link to change my security information. I know I have to wait 30 days but in the meantime the hacker still has access to my account and can cancel my request for security information. Again, I am completely unable to change any security information without entering a code, which is being sent to the hacker’s email.
  5. Cris Carmona Win User

My child's Microsoft account has been Hacked she cannot access Edge, or Minecraft account. How to solve this?

We did as you said and were able to access the Microsoft account and Minecraft with the email of the hacker and the new password. We tried to change the email of the hacker but it requested us to send a code to the security email that the hacker put there. So we click 'we didn't have any' way of receiving the code and followed the instructions. So now we have to wait 30 days for the verification and replace of the security information.

She is accessing, as I said the Minecraft and other things with the hacker's email and the new password we created. My question is, what if the hacker enters the Microsoft account again and changes again the email? Is it possible that they do that?

We are feeling so insecure now.

Another question, how can the person change their role to an administrator in our Family Safety in their desktop (the hackers's desktop information appears in our Family Safety) so that some resources of the Family Safety do not work? How can this happen as my child is under age? She shouldn't be able to do that as the age is state as 17, right?

Should we remove her from the family security while the email is the hacker's?
  6. StoneSuicide Win User

email compromised

Microsoft has suspended my account. I know that my email has been compromised because of the hacker changed my security settings and i cannot do anything, when i go cover my account it says that my account/email dosent exist and i cannot recover it because
    the hacker changed my email security settings
Thema:

1. So, my Microsoft account was taken by a hacker who changed my security information and the... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account was

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  4. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  5. Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.: I got alot of Microsoft emails but I ignored them thinking it was just telling me about something that I subscribed on, but in fact it was telling me my account has been stolen and information...
  6. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  7. I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account: So a couple months ago I had some issues with my controller where it completely died and wouldn't charge/turn on. During the process of trying to send in the controller for a repair it randomly...
  8. Microsoft rewards account problem.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards account problem.: My microsoft rewards account has been suspended for no reason and have not violated any of the service agreements please solve this problem as i have 3225 point in that account....
  9. Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to transfer money from your Microsoft account to your xbox account.: I am wondering this question because recently I got $5 from Microsoft rewards which said it was for xbox. I went to see if I could use the money but realized that it was in Microsoft account and...
  10. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...