So, my console did the whole boot up thing [like if you were to hard reset your console]...

Discus and support So, my console did the whole boot up thing [like if you were to hard reset your console]... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Btw, once it goes through the boot up sequence it's fine. I can play my xbox as normal. I'm wondering if this is a bad thing or a one off thing!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lain_2349, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Lain_2349
    Lain_2349 Guest

So, my console did the whole boot up thing [like if you were to hard reset your console]...

Btw, once it goes through the boot up sequence it's fine. I can play my xbox as normal. I'm wondering if this is a bad thing or a one off thing! Thanks!

:)

Lain_2349, Jan 21, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

So, my console did the whole boot up thing [like if you were to hard reset your console] when I turned it on. I recently soft reset my console to fix and updating issue.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It is not uncommon for a console to go through a boot-up sequence, also known as a power cycle, after a soft reset or when an update is installed. This is usually a normal and expected part of the process. However, if your console is consistently booting up every time you turn it on or if it is experiencing other issues, it could indicate a problem with the system.

If your console is booting up normally and you are able to play your games without any issues, it is likely that the boot-up sequence following the soft reset was a one-off occurrence.
  3. Mythic Sandman Win User

Xbox UI audio skipping

When you say hard reset did you do this: Perform a hard reset and power cycle your console. Hold down the power button on the console for 10 seconds while it shuts down. Then remove the power cable from the outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect
    everything and boot back up.
  4. CoolBamaGuy79 Win User

Static Flashes

My console is doing the same thing. The hard reset does work, but that is only a temporary fix. Sometimes it is a flash like the youtube video and sometimes the static stays on the whole time the console is on.
  5. Lain_2349 Win User

Hi! Why does my console do the green boot up screen every time I turn it on? I recently soft reset my console so it could be a setting I changed by accident I'm not sure.

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

It sounds like your console is booting into the "Green Screen of Death" (GSOD) on startup. This can be caused by a number of issues, including software conflicts, hardware problems, or a corrupted system software.

One possible cause of the GSOD is that the settings on your console were reset after the soft reset, causing it to boot into a different mode or display the GSOD. Another possible cause is that there is a problem with the system software on your console and it is unable to start properly.

To resolve the issue, you can try restarting your console or performing a hard reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
    Ok thanks! If there any settings I need to change before I hard reset?

(Btw I can still get into my console it just has the green Xbox screen pop up first)
  6. Hyp3rDeath101 Win User

Can I Turn An Xbox One Into A Windows 10 Desktop PC?

Finished doing the network transfer, and did a hard reset on my old Xbox One. When I downloaded GTA 5 onto my old Xbox's hard drive, the game was downloaded at a reasonable speed, which means that the hard reset fixed the hard drive.

I also looked at the hard drive connections, and they seem to look like the usual connections of an average hard drive. The only difference is that the last 4 connectors aren't used to connect the Xbox's hard drive to the motherboard. I did notice that,
    on the Xbox 360 Slim, all the connections of the hard drive were used.

So if I can connect the console's HDD to one of my laptops with an external SATA to USB 3.0 cable, maybe I could change the boot settings... Maybe if I can configure the settings so that the HDD is used as the booting device, I might be able to change the
    booting software... I would need to put the HDD back into the console to see if it works.

If it works fine, then I can then change the booting software to the booting software used for Windows 10. Then I'll have Windows 10 installed on the hard drive, and then I'll see if the Xbox One will boot...
Thema:

1. So, my console did the whole boot up thing [like if you were to hard reset your console]... - Similar Threads - console did whole

2. Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?: Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console? All possibilities are included, adapter etc. 9e8a67ad-f0cc-449c-9f26-9017f935bd56
  3. My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not...: My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not work form the Microsoft trace my device) or completely block the console and remotes?...
  4. Did your Xbox series S come with a “power your dreams” green band around console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Did your Xbox series S come with a “power your dreams” green band around console?: I just recently got a new Xbox series S from target. It didn’t look resealed, it was brand new unopened that I’m aware of and nothing was disclosed otherwise. But I noticed I didn’t get the green...
  5. I got console banned about 77 days ago and idk what i did yes i got a few suspensions with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I got console banned about 77 days ago and idk what i did yes i got a few suspensions with...: I really wanna get unbanned I've done nothing wrong i think this console ban may be a mistake and i only want a response on how to fix this or remove this ban because my kids play on it and there...
  6. I got console banned for no reason out of nowhere did I do something wrong please someone...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got console banned for no reason out of nowhere did I do something wrong please someone...: I was playing with my friend when we decided to go on something else, then I realised I had been console banned, I was confused and outraged so I decided to go on my enforcement history I looked...
  7. Did this current update cause your console to brick

in XboX Insiders
    Did this current update cause your console to brick: Hi insiders. This is technically under the use of this subreddit. But did anyone have their Xbox constant update loop when they tried to download the most recent live Xbox update early ie as part...
  8. Why did I get Console Banned?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I get Console Banned?: I was playing BO2 and got stuck in a bunch of modded lobbies that I couldn’t leave. So I haven’t touched my Series X in almost a week, I come back to play some bo1 with my buddy and it says I’m...
  9. Joined the Delta Program and did the console update for it but my dashboard didn’t change

in XboX Insiders
    Joined the Delta Program and did the console update for it but my dashboard didn’t change: Like the title says I joined the preview delta program did the whole update that took about 5 minutes and when i tried resetting my console after it was done to see the changes my dashboard stayed...
  10. why did i get a console suspension

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i get a console suspension: I was handed a suspension because apparently, I made some changes in my console. "Xbox will temporarily suspend or permanently ban Xbox consoles or other devices where repeated and egregious...