So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones.

Discus and support So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Just discovered my Dolby Atmos for headphones wasn't working correctly. It's easy to tell when it is as using the Xbox UI you get this directional... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jarrin Papasidero, Nov 12, 2022.

1. So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones.

Just discovered my Dolby Atmos for headphones wasn't working correctly. It's easy to tell when it is as using the Xbox UI you get this directional audio that is quite loud, I wasn't getting this and also noticed my games weren't sounding as loud, checking my audio settings the Xbox clearly tells me it's set to Dolby Atmos for headphones but I knew it was off. To get it to work again I need to launch the Dolby Access app, go over to settings and change the sound equaliser to another setting such as Movie and it kicks back in. As soon as I unplug my headset and plug it back in I have to do it all over again.

Has anybody else noticed this issue?

:)

Jarrin Papasidero, Nov 12, 2022
  2. Jarrin Papasidero Win User

So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones.

Hi, I worked out what was causing the issue. It was my controller. The play and charge battery was playing up. I replaced it with AA batteries and Dolby Atmos started working normally again. Check everything on your controller is working correctly.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, try reinstalling the app in this case to see if that helps (and make sure to install it on the internal storage)

If you’re not using an insider build in your console the best option is report this problem to the app developer. In this case Dolby
  4. Jarrin Papasidero Win User

I'm using the Sennheiser HD599 headphones.
  5. Onizko Win User

Hi, thank you for the tip but I am using the Elite 2 Controller with built-in battery so I can’t do a swap. I’ll try to use a standard controller to see if this is related.

Can I ask you which headset are you using ? I have an astro a50 gen4 with the dolby atmos licence, I don’t know if it’s a known issue.
  6. Onizko Win User

Hi, try reinstalling the app in this case to see if that helps (and make sure to install it on the internal storage)

If you’re not using an insider build in your console the best option is report this problem to the app developer. In this case Dolby
    Hi, I have the exact same issue. I tried everything on this topic and unfortunately, it doesn’t work.

I have an insider build on my Series X (Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring), is this a known issue ?

Thank you in advance.
Thema:

1. So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones. - Similar Threads - I've discovered issue

2. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  3. Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...: My son and I play Minecraft and have progressed through the game and spent hours building. If I cleared local saved data, would it be erased? I have and X-box series S. I only have Minecraft on it...
  4. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  5. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  6. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  7. I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...: I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does not show me a 25 character code wat does this mean 5fe8e417-47fe-4cce-a0a8-57ad3395a992
  8. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  9. It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...

in XBoX on Windows
    It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...: It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much, it's happening in my games and everywhere else, how do I fix it? I think it is my console...
  10. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...