So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones.

Discus and support So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Just discovered my Dolby Atmos for headphones wasn't working correctly. It's easy to tell when it is as using the Xbox UI you get this directional... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jarrin Papasidero, Nov 12, 2022.

1. So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones.

Just discovered my Dolby Atmos for headphones wasn't working correctly. It's easy to tell when it is as using the Xbox UI you get this directional audio that is quite loud, I wasn't getting this and also noticed my games weren't sounding as loud, checking my audio settings the Xbox clearly tells me it's set to Dolby Atmos for headphones but I knew it was off. To get it to work again I need to launch the Dolby Access app, go over to settings and change the sound equaliser to another setting such as Movie and it kicks back in. As soon as I unplug my headset and plug it back in I have to do it all over again.

Has anybody else noticed this issue?

:)

Jarrin Papasidero, Nov 12, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones.

Hi, try reinstalling the app in this case to see if that helps (and make sure to install it on the internal storage)

If you’re not using an insider build in your console the best option is report this problem to the app developer. In this case Dolby
  3. Jarrin Papasidero Win User

Hi Josef, thanks for the reply. It is displaying as Dolby Atmos for headphones like you suggested I tried changing it between Sonic and Stereo Uncompressed and back to Atmos with no luck, as mentioned in my post the only thing I can get it to kick back in is go into the Dolby Access app, go to settings and change the eq from Game to Movie and it starts to work again. I'm able to change the eq back to Game and it continues to work but as soon as I unplug or turn the system off I have to repeat this process to get Atmos to work again.

Only noticed it tonight, played earlier today and it was fine. I've tried hard resetting a couple times and restarting the system with no luck. My next step was to maybe delete the Dolby Access app and redownload and see if that works. I'm unsure.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jarrin

Please tell me:
    Is Dolby atmos the default output sound for headphones?
    Double check this in the console settings > general > volume and audio output

If not, please select it. If yes, please change it temporarily to Windows sonic. Test and set Atmos again

If that doesn’t work:
    Are you using an insider build / beta in your console ?
    When this started to happen?
    And what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  5. Kirill Krasin Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox

Hello,

I have almost the same issue. I've bought Dolby Atmos for Headphones from Microsoft Store, connect my headset to controller and set audio output to Dolby Atmos in my Audio Settings page. But sometimes it is roll back to Windows Sonic! I've launch Dolby
    Access app, check that in settings page selected Dolby Atmos For Headphones, close this app and get back to Audio Settings, change Windows Sonic to Dobly Atmos.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
Thema:

1. So I've just discovered an issue with my Xbox Series X and using Dolby Atmos for headphones. - Similar Threads - I've discovered issue

2. I've made a discovery about the no sound bug.

in XboX Insiders
    I've made a discovery about the no sound bug.: So I'm not sure if it's just my side or not however I've noticed if I turn my TV on with the TV remote control I have no sound on Xbox...however if I turn it on via voice activation I do?...
  3. I've lost a game from my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've lost a game from my account: I've lost a game from my account, more specificly Sea of thieves. I do have it in my order history as paid. If you know what to do in this ocasion please help and thank you....
  4. so I've been trying to log on the hive for months and it's not working it shows error while...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    so I've been trying to log on the hive for months and it's not working it shows error while...: question so I've been trying to log on to the hive for a few months and it's not working it shows error while downloading packs please try again and I have I have been trying for months I even got...
  5. FS 2020 installation from dvds: I've closed the redeem code dialog

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FS 2020 installation from dvds: I've closed the redeem code dialog: Hello everyone, I've installed FS2020 from dvds. At the end, by my mistake, I've closed the redeem code window. Now if I relaunch the dvd 1 it redirects me to the Microsoft store home page with...
  6. I just got banned for 8 days for a nonsensical mediocre joke. I've tried to contact support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got banned for 8 days for a nonsensical mediocre joke. I've tried to contact support...: I got home from work I started to play dead by daylight game the game and there was a player named Pakito is alive I sent him a message for making the joke and I told him Pakito is not alive...
  7. Email I've removed from my Microsoft account is needed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email I've removed from my Microsoft account is needed: I was going to link my Avalanche and Microsoft account but when I signed in I forgot my password so I asked for a code but it sent the code to my old email that I personally removed from my...
  8. I've been trying to install rdr2 on my xbox one s it's in disk format and it stops...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been trying to install rdr2 on my xbox one s it's in disk format and it stops...: Install rdr2 troubleshooting broken disk 2839a95c-f48b-4756-88d6-69cd84fd4659
  9. So I've gotten a xbox series x and am trying to set it up, but I keep getting error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I've gotten a xbox series x and am trying to set it up, but I keep getting error code...: I can't finish setting it up without getting past this error, any advice is welcome 56d29537-df8b-4d3e-9269-96aee05249c3
  10. I've connected my hard drive from PC to other Windows PC and installed a game from Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've connected my hard drive from PC to other Windows PC and installed a game from Xbox...: Hello, I have two Windows PC's. Yesterday I've removed disk from PC1 and installed it to PC2. I've also installed an Forza Horizon 5 game from Xbox Windows App on PC2. I want to know what will...