So, I just forwarded all the ports indicated by Microsoft support as necessary for Xbox...

Discus and support So, I just forwarded all the ports indicated by Microsoft support as necessary for Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I set a static IP adress on my console and forwarded the following ports: 88, 500, 3544 and 4500 (UDP) + 80 (TCP) + 3074 and 53 (UDP and TCP). In... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Renan4455, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Renan4455
    Renan4455 Guest

So, I just forwarded all the ports indicated by Microsoft support as necessary for Xbox...

So, I set a static IP adress on my console and forwarded the following ports: 88, 500, 3544 and 4500 (UDP) + 80 (TCP) + 3074 and 53 (UDP and TCP). In doing that, I expected my latency (which was around 123 ms) to get lower. Instead, it got higher, around about 320 ms.

I tried deleting all the port forwards on my router's configs and setting the IP and DNS settings of the console as automatic and then... the latency got to 642 ms.

Finally, after resetting my console (without deleting games and apps), myy latency got higher than 1000 ms. Also, the NAT type is still open. Can someone please help? I'm honestly desperate. What have I done wrong?

:)

Renan4455, Dec 23, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

So, I just forwarded all the ports indicated by Microsoft support as necessary for Xbox Live to work properly, and then... my connection got worse?

Is your connection wired or wireless?
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

So, I just forwarded all the ports indicated by Microsoft support as necessary for Xbox Live to work properly, and then... my connection got worse?

Hi there Renan welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Try clearing your Mac address as well!

Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the guide button on the controller and select

Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Settings.

Under Change Settings select Alternate MAC Address.

Select Clear.

Allow the console to restart when prompted.
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Well, as a last suggestion I would recommend to conect the console directly to the router, if this isn't an option then talk to your ISP to see if there's anything they can do on their side!
  5. Renan4455 Win User

I have already tried that, and it didn't work.
  6. Malacath Win User

BT Homehub 4 Open NAT Solution!

@smartymarty001

Contrary to what most port forwarding guides say you don't really need to forward most of the ports listed.

Port 3074 will open the NAT. All others don't really need to be forwarded because they are not listening ports. You can still forward them if you want but most of the time it's not necessary.

So you need port 3074 for xbox live, ports 3075 and 3076 for call of duty, ports 1200 and 1001 for destiny and diablo.

Just leave port 88 as it's not really necessary most of the time.
Thema:

1. So, I just forwarded all the ports indicated by Microsoft support as necessary for Xbox... - Similar Threads - forwarded ports indicated

2. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: Should I even worry about port forwarding if I have 1200mbps internet. Can port forwarding stabilize gaming when the internet itself gets congested? dedcb9dd-cafb-430b-8c24-7527d8af1807
  3. Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming Port Forwarding: Hi, I'm trying to find the port for XCloud but I couldn't find one. The only one i found was the port for Xbox Consoles. Is there a list for port anywhere that I could've missed ? Thanks in...
  4. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  5. How do I set up port forwarding?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set up port forwarding?: How to set up port forwarding? b1c136b4-29fe-4b39-8d9a-9878be3eb7a9
  6. Port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding: I know port forwarding needs to be done in some cases. My question is, 1. if I have 2 consoles in my house, how do I forward them on the same network to the same ports? I know the ports ports...
  7. open wrt port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    open wrt port forwarding: Hello. When port forwarding on my Open wrt box, Do I have to have a different external port and internal port. is it 88 udp for both external port and internal port, or should I forward them to...
  8. Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port forwarding & VPN - UPNP not successful on series X: I recently tried manually setting up port forwarding for my series X. After setting it up I tested my network through the Xbox and it was all good, open NAT, no issues. Then I activated my...
  9. A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.: Recently I have been struggling with the nightmare inducing ultra hellhole that is port forwarding to host a server for Foundry Virtual Table top. And then, While undergoing having my brain dunked...
  10. nat type not turning open even after port forward

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type not turning open even after port forward: so i made the ipv6 from secured to open,upnp has been on,i port forwarded all 7 ports,under lan setup i put Address Reservation for the series x ip. and it is still no IPV6,no UPNP,nat moderate....