So how do you prevent your wireless headset from powering on your Xbox when you turn it on...

Discus and support So how do you prevent your wireless headset from powering on your Xbox when you turn it on... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Any time I attempt to use my turtle beach stealth headset for my laptop I turn on my Xbox at the same time. It's been very irritating trying to listen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James Woodward1, Mar 20, 2023.

1. So how do you prevent your wireless headset from powering on your Xbox when you turn it on...

Any time I attempt to use my turtle beach stealth headset for my laptop I turn on my Xbox at the same time. It's been very irritating trying to listen on discord while my fiancé is watching Pretty Little Liars. I'dreally appreciate a solution to this problem or acknowledgement is being worked on.

:)

James Woodward1, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

So how do you prevent your wireless headset from powering on your Xbox when you turn it on for other devices?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your headset problem.

Actually, when your headset is already paired with your console, it is acting like a controller being paired as well that is the reason why it turns on while you turn on your headset. If you do not want this to happen, you would need to remove the pairing from the Xbox to your headset. Check for the headset functionality on the manual on how to unpair it from the device so that you can use it without distraction on the other device.

You can also check this link for guide on wireless headsets for Xbox:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. TedPoch Win User

So how do you prevent your wireless headset from powering on your Xbox when you turn it on for other devices?

While unpairing the headphones might be a solution, I would be more interested in knowing how to also avoid having any peripheral (including a paired controller) turn the Xbox on. For example, maybe I want to turn a common controller on to use it with a PC bluetooth connection.
  4. DarkerFirestar Win User

Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless adapter?

Yes, you can use the Xbox One wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the USB wireless adapter.

To do this, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Connect the USB wireless adapter to your PC.
    2. Turn on your Xbox One wireless headset and hold down the power button on the headset until it starts flashing. This puts the headset in pairing mode.
    3. Press the pairing button on the USB wireless adapter until the LED starts flashing.
    4. Once the LED on the USB wireless adapter stops flashing and stays lit, the headset is paired with your PC.
    5. Open the Xbox Accessories app on your PC, and click on the "Xbox One Wireless Controller" device.
    6. From there, you can adjust the chat mixer settings to your liking.
    Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to use the chat mixer on your Xbox One wireless headset with your PC.
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

How to stop the Xbox headset turning on the console

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately the only to prevent that would be unplugging your Xbox console from the power source. The headset uses the Microsoft's proprietary wireless connection, which is the same as the Xbox controller and it automatically powers on the console.
  6. ZenKiller08 Win User

Headset audio cuts out with multiple headsets and controllers.

So the audio for these headset are all using wireless technologies at some level. What kind of wireless router do you have? How close is it to your Headset? Do you have any cell phones in the area when using your xbox? Are you able to get into your wireless
    router settings to adjust settings?

I've had lots of luck changing wireless channels on the 5ghz and 2.4ghz range in order to solve connectivity issues with controllers and wireless headsets.
Thema:

So how do you prevent your wireless headset from powering on your Xbox when you turn it on...

1. So how do you prevent your wireless headset from powering on your Xbox when you turn it on... - Similar Threads - prevent wireless headset

2. How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?: This is the second time I’ve had to factory reset my Xbox, how do I prevent this issue and how do I fix it if it happens again? submitted by /u/KozyKamper266 [link] [comments]
  3. How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?: How can/does MS prevent an adult, posing as a child, from contacting my child on XboxS during live play? 2d1f38cf-015f-4625-b55b-d017c53f0566
  4. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...: I was playing a game and I was randomly disconnected. I now have to wait 4 hours. My internet is good and my computer is running fine. I've cleared cache recently. Is there an outside factor that...
  7. Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games: My daughter changed my Xbox profile name and now when I try to play my games the saves won’t load. I’m specifically playing Elden Ring and when I start the game it tells me it has to load the new...
  8. How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...: I paid for a console I pay for gamepass I don't want a full screen ad I have to click past whenever I turn my console on extremely disappointed how do I make sure I never get them again...
  9. Is there a way to prevent Xbox controller from being used?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to prevent Xbox controller from being used?: I run my headset through the Turtle Breach Xbox controller as 1.) The Aux cable is too short to reach the back 2.) Front Aux on the front of the PC slot doesn't work This is becoming annoying...
  10. Is there a way to prevent my Wireless Headset from powering on my Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to prevent my Wireless Headset from powering on my Xbox Series S?: I love the Wireless Headset and with the bluetooth functionality it would seem perfect for use outside of gaming. I work from home and am often in meetings in my home office. I have no trouble...