So controller works fine to turn on and move about the app but when try to play a game it...

Discus and support So controller works fine to turn on and move about the app but when try to play a game it... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Controller works except when go to game mode then says Status please reconnect ur controller, any clue as to what’s up with this? Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tanner Smith2, Feb 5, 2023.

1. So controller works fine to turn on and move about the app but when try to play a game it...

Controller works except when go to game mode then says Status please reconnect ur controller, any clue as to what’s up with this? Thanks

:)

Tanner Smith2, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

So controller works fine to turn on and move about the app but when try to play a game it says game mode on but then goes to “Staus-reconnect Your controller. Any idea as to what’s going on.

Hi Tanner! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

What exactly is your device or console model? When did this issue start to occur as well?

Make sure that your console and your controller are up-to-date. And check all the additional troubleshooting here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. Rostom L Win User

So controller works fine to turn on and move about the app but when try to play a game it says game mode on but then goes to “Staus-reconnect Your controller. Any idea as to what’s going on.

Thanks for that information. Please try the suggested steps from the link I provided above and let's power cycle your console to clear its system cache.

Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

You can also re-pair your controller. Check the guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. Tanner Smith2 Win User

Xbox s, started when I left the game and kicked me for inactivity and I restarted the game and then it showed Status- please reconnect ur controller. But it only does that when I go to the game, it works fine for maneuvering the website. Controller and website are both up to date thanks
  5. keifer clark Win User

Xbox controller now working on pc gamepass

Hello. My controller was already updated to the latest drive. I would like to clarify that the controller can connect to the computer. I get it to work with fine Steam games, all buttons and inputs work fine. It is only with GamePass games. Even in the Xbox PC app, I can move through it and select things with the A button. It is just that when I launched these games using the Xbox app on PC, the controller doesn't work. Only half the time will it read inputs, and the only inputs the games will read are from the Left stick moving through menus and the Dpad moving left and right. None of the other buttons, bumpers, or triggers respond.
  6. Sander Malm Win User

Hello, i got xbox elit controller 2 for my xbox, and its working every game only call of duty MW2 dosent connect. The original xbox controller workes .

Yes, problem is only for MW2, all other games work. Old controller works fine on MW2.

if my old controller is off, and i try to play mw2 with new controller ,it says somethin like this: turn on controller or keyboard. (i am not at home right now,i can check later what exsakli it saing there.) If my oled controller is on then i can move in mw2 menu with my new controller,but if game starts then only the home putton works and i can only play with my old controller.
Thema:

So controller works fine to turn on and move about the app but when try to play a game it...

1. So controller works fine to turn on and move about the app but when try to play a game it... - Similar Threads - controller works fine

2. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  3. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  4. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  5. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  6. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  7. So my elite series 2 controller without any of the profiles activated works fine. However,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my elite series 2 controller without any of the profiles activated works fine. However,...: So my elite series 2 controller without any of the profiles activated works fine. However, whenever on my first profile, it thinks I'm always holding down the paddle assigned to my "A button"....
  8. I have a xbox controller that its game and party audio works fine but with my other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a xbox controller that its game and party audio works fine but with my other...: I have a xbox controller that I can hear the party and the game but my other controller I can hear the party audio but not the games feb37ba2-0750-42f9-b055-31e6b66160cd
  9. So my Xbox controller connects to my phone and works fine but when connect to my Xbox if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox controller connects to my phone and works fine but when connect to my Xbox if...: So my Xbox controller connects to my phone and works fine but when connect to my Xbox if not usb it dosent work just blinks how do I fix 1dfef9fd-22b6-4f99-a846-99b346400f5d
  10. I have an external hard drive and my controller works just fine before I plug it in but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an external hard drive and my controller works just fine before I plug it in but...: I have an external hard drive and my controller works just fine before I plug it in but when I plug it in it doesn’t respond 96e95607-8ada-488d-9124-24aa28ace94d