Snap Game DVR problem

Discus and support Snap Game DVR problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; At least once a day I have to shut down my X1 and unplug the power cord so that I'm able to snap the Game DVR and record longer than 30 seconds. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by footthumb, Jan 8, 2016.

1. footthumb
    footthumb Guest

Snap Game DVR problem

At least once a day I have to shut down my X1 and unplug the power cord so that I'm able to snap the Game DVR and record longer than 30 seconds. It will work fine for a handful of times but if I come out of the game and watch TV, or anything, returning to
    the game and trying to snap Game DVR leaves me with a blank gray bar on the right hand side of the screen. It seems like the snap process itself is working, but where the Game DVR options used to be, there's nothing but gray. Just powering off the console
    and turning it back on doesn't fix the problem either; I have to pull the power cable and restart. Any ideas why this keeps happening?

:)

footthumb, Jan 8, 2016
  2. duggers76
    duggers76 Guest
    Game DVR (XboxOne no kinect)

I get what you are saying but you don't need need snap game dvr at the start. Just play as normal and when you want to capture the last 30 seconds you can snap game dvr then and press end clip now. You don't even have to find game dvr as its an option in
    snap. It's not as snappy (sorry!) As saying "Xbox record that" but it's just a few clicks.

duggers76, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Xbox record that .who's stupid idea was that then?

Think you can snap game dvr, and then do it manually, I have the same problem bud

Double tap the white Xbox button>Game dvr>End clip now>Then choose last 30s,45s,1min,3min 5 min

If it's only though remember you cNt control your character when on the snap menu, otherwise I don't think there's any other way of doing it

Flaming Pingu, Jan 8, 2016
  4. x Mr Jank
    x Mr Jank Guest

Snap Game DVR problem

Hello,

Make sure your console if up to date. after the update the slip screen will be on left side not on right side of the screen. If your console is up to date please let me know asap for more help/troubleshoot.

x Mr Jank, Jan 9, 2016
  5. I have the same problem, only difference is I have never used this feature before and tried to use it for the first time but it does not seem to want to work. I checked console updates and it is updated. I only get the grey snap bar on the right of my screen.
    Would like to be able to use this feature if possible any ideas.

Smokin89Vette, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Smokin89Vette Win User

Snap Game DVR problem

I have the same problem, only difference is I have never used this feature before and tried to use it for the first time but it does not seem to want to work. I checked console updates and it is updated. I only get the grey snap bar on the right of my screen.
    Would like to be able to use this feature if possible any ideas.
  7. x Mr Jank Win User

Snap Game DVR problem

Hello,

Make sure your console if up to date. after the update the slip screen will be on left side not on right side of the screen. If your console is up to date please let me know asap for more help/troubleshoot.
  8. ddSlyMcNastybb Win User

Xbox one dvr problem

Same problems here. Also, when I record through the snapped Game DVR it gives me an error saying it can't record.
  9. duggers76 Win User

Game DVR (XboxOne no kinect)

I get what you are saying but you don't need need snap game dvr at the start. Just play as normal and when you want to capture the last 30 seconds you can snap game dvr then and press end clip now. You don't even have to find game dvr as its an option in
    snap. It's not as snappy (sorry!) As saying "Xbox record that" but it's just a few clicks.
  10. Argontheos Win User

General Complaints about the New Xbox One Experience

^ Roger roger. I'm affected by the NXOE myself. But I'm on the opposite side to the OP.

Without a Kinect plugged in I can't Game DVR without having Game DVR snapped in. When on the old dash I could snap it in, start recording, and then snap it out. Or do something in-game, snap it in, and record however many minutes of gameplay.

Used to be like, double-tap home, press right. Done! To get to the Snap menu to pick an app, or to quickly access the app I last snapped in. Achievements, Game DVR, whatever. Now it's double-tap home, press down five times, press left... EVERYTIME, regardless
    of what I had snapped in previously.

"... streamlining all the way and making it pay! You got yourself a worse time pal!" Thanks Microsoft! {XD
Thema:

Snap Game DVR problem

1. Snap Game DVR problem - Similar Threads - Snap Game DVR

2. EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error: I have this EA game "It Takes Two" installed on Steam, and till date, have logged 13 hours on the game, with no issues before. Just recently, every time I launch the game, it gives me the...
  3. How do I uninstall the game Snap Attack?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I uninstall the game Snap Attack?: The word game Snap Attack was shut down by MS and no longer works. I tried to uninstall it, but get error 0x80080204 and the uninstall fails. How can I uninstall it? Thanks!...
  4. Snap sidebar shows wrong game name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Snap sidebar shows wrong game name: Hi everyone, Small issue. Purchased Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition. Been playing since it came out yesterday, great game. I'm having an odd issue though. On my home screen, the game name shows...
  5. Game DVR loading slowly and not working in Snap.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR loading slowly and not working in Snap.: Is anyone else having any issues with the Game DVR app loading slowly and it being nothing but a blank grey screen when trying to use it in Snap? I've tried power cycling, unchecking...
  6. snap app Game DVR doesn't work; preview program bug?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    snap app Game DVR doesn't work; preview program bug?: I'm having trouble accessing the Game DVR snap app feature. I never had a problem until a few weeks ago and now it won't work right. It worked right early in the Next Xbox One Experience but not...
  7. Game DVR takes forever to snap/load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR takes forever to snap/load: I've tried saving a few 5 minute video clips while playing Titanfall lately however when I do the required, "Xbox snap game dvr" it displays the splash screen and then literally takes 30+ seconds...
  8. Balancing Skype and Game volumes (not using snap)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Balancing Skype and Game volumes (not using snap): I have been playing a few games online with friends on my Xbox One, and we have been using Skype for chat. My friends, for various reasons, are using a laptop for Skype rather than using Skype or...
  9. Black Screen Only In Game While Using Snap Feauture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen Only In Game While Using Snap Feauture: An update waa downloaded and applied to my Xbox One console today after my not playing Xbox One since January of 2015. I only experience this "Xbox One black screen" while in game using the snap...
  10. Live game and Snap window

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live game and Snap window: HI there.. So lets say Im in a game and i get stuck...i want to look up on YouTube and view a walk thru... Is there any way to run my live game and have the snap window open while at the same...