Snap app feature

Discus and support Snap app feature in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why has the snapp app feature been taken off xbox?? 78ff6d00-d0ed-4307-a71e-8a52aa61034a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xScarfacex1994x, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Snap app feature

Why has the snapp app feature been taken off xbox??

:)

xScarfacex1994x, Mar 25, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Snap app feature

Hello Scarface,

The Snap app feature was removed to improve the overall dashboard functionality. Even when the Snap app feature was not being in use, it caused tons of lag when simply navigating the home screen.

Hopefully in the future, new tech can allow the snap feature to return. I made a lot of use out of it. However, there doesn't seem to be any plans at the moment to bring it back.

Hope this helps!
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

Snap app feature

Have you noticed system improvement since it's been removed? I don't recall a difference.
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Snap app feature

To quote Mike Ybarra it was removed to "improve multitasking, reduce memory use, improve overall speed, and free up resources going forward for bigger things."

You can read more here: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-snap-mode-and-heres/1100-6447261/
  5. IRB Win User

Snap app feature

Have you noticed system improvement since it's been removed? I don't recall a difference.
    There was for a time.
  6. Mister Getafix Win User

Snap

Hi there apologies for the late reply!

The snap feature was removed to make way for other features and allow apps to utilize the new overlay system. There would not be a way to snap apps any longer.
Thema:

Snap app feature

1. Snap app feature - Similar Threads - Snap app feature

2. EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA App Doesn't Launch Game From Steam and Gives "Oh Snap, It Crashed" Error: I have this EA game "It Takes Two" installed on Steam, and till date, have logged 13 hours on the game, with no issues before. Just recently, every time I launch the game, it gives me the...
  3. Bring back the snap an app feature

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the snap an app feature: The Snap an app feature was ahead of it's time and would make the perfect app now especially with all the streaming services available! Please bring this feature back submitted by /u/SnowIsATrap...
  4. Snap an app type app for Xbox consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Snap an app type app for Xbox consoles: Has any got any tips for developing Xbox apps, I’m looking to start developing an app that works like the snap an app feature did, so people can choose to download it if they want to would I even...
  5. Bring back the SNAP AN APP feature

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the SNAP AN APP feature: I really miss the Snap An App feature. I used it a lot while Skype video calling while also gaming, playing games while having YouTube snapped so I could go for achievements in real-time. Xbox...
  6. Should Xbox bring back the Xbox Snap app feature back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Should Xbox bring back the Xbox Snap app feature back?: Have you ever wanted to watch a YouTube video, twitch stream, or watch a sports game all while gaming. With the snap app feature that was possible until Xbox decided to remove it. This feature...
  7. Please Xbox add back snap an app!

in XboX Insiders
    Please Xbox add back snap an app!: Remember snap an app? They should definitely add it back for the series x. It’s so powerful it would have no problem! submitted by /u/ZaneyTheAwesome [link] [comments]
  8. snap and app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    snap and app: Bring snap and app back please i liked it when i was able too hear music off of youtube while i was playing my games on the big screen my gt is wmdmalfeasance 9be7c41b-33fc-4332-bdcb-4a7b6e209b6b
  9. Bring back "Snap an App" from 2016

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bring back "Snap an App" from 2016: It was a great feature to some. But they removed it because it wasn't popular enough. I doubt it would be brought back at this point. Anything is possible I suppose....
  10. Bring back snap an app!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bring back snap an app!: This was the worst day of the Xbox One! We need the snap an app back this is the one thing that made xbox great to play. We could play and watch a video but no you had to dumb down the Xbox One...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snap app xbox